FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[PORT] Ubuntu Touch for LG L90 Dual

84 posts
Thanks Meter: 127
 
By peat_psuwit, Member on 16th March 2015, 12:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th September 2016, 05:09 PM |#141  
dan1239's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peat_psuwit

At "adb shell ...." command, I see an error saying device (null) is not found. I'm not sure what mode your phone is in. What's on the phone's screen now?

Well, I had already gone through that part and it went through fine, I had just accidentally copied the wrong thing and thought nothing of it. My phone was in Ubuntu Recovery already but once it says waiting for recovery and my phone does go into recovery it hangs and then gives me an error that it did not go into recovery even though my phone obviously was.
30th September 2016, 05:28 PM |#142  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 127
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1239

Well, I had already gone through that part and it went through fine, I had just accidentally copied the wrong thing and thought nothing of it. My phone was in Ubuntu Recovery already but once it says waiting for recovery and my phone does go into recovery it hangs and then gives me an error that it did not go into recovery even though my phone obviously was.

Ok, then you can try the command again, but, this time, remove "sudo" and "--bootstrap" from the command. If it still doesn't work, try re-plugging USB cable. Your already downloaded files will be cached and won't be downloaded again. This is because recovery detection doesn't always work.
30th September 2016, 06:22 PM |#143  
dan1239's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peat_psuwit

Ok, then you can try the command again, but, this time, remove "sudo" and "--bootstrap" from the command. If it still doesn't work, try re-plugging USB cable. Your already downloaded files will be cached and won't be downloaded again. This is because recovery detection doesn't always work.

Ok, so I just restarted my computer this morning and tried it again, and it worked perfectly. I should of done that from the start smh... Although it starts perfectly the only thing that isn't working for me is the sound. It does not work anywhere. I looked throughout the forum to find an answer but no luck...
5th October 2016, 02:11 AM |#144  
dan1239's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
Donate to Me
More
NO SOUND
I am getting no sound out of the phone other than the low battery notification. Please tell me if there is going to be a fix soon!
30th October 2016, 07:13 PM |#145  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 127
 
More
Update 30 October 2016
Update 30 October 2016: I'm sorry for very long delay. Being a university student make my free time lower considerably. Anyway, new device tarball is released in stable and rc-proposed channel. This version mostly contains minor fixes, but more importantly, this includes fixes for some famous vulnerability, including the Quadrooter and dirty CoW vulnerabilities. Go to "System Settings" to get your update, or follow instructions below if you haven't update your phone since 9 January 2016.
I still ship experimental fixes in rc-proposed that may freeze your phone when the screen is off. If this matters to you, you may consider using stable channel for now, but that has pretty bad power consumption (but that still means about one day of light usage). Also, there is known bug about mobile network not usable on some network that affects all channels.
Oh, and for those stay on absolute bleeding edge on devel-proposed channel, I currently don't have enough time to test that. So, no release to devel-proposed just yet. Sorry!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peat_psuwit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift peat_psuwit Ad-Free
8th January 2017, 04:42 PM |#146  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 127
 
More
Call for testing: no SIM symptom.
Hello,

I'm not sure if anyone still interested in Ubuntu Touch, but I want anyone who suffers from "no SIM" symptom to test this version of oFono if it makes cellular work. If all goes well, I'll put this version into the image.
https://launchpad.net/~peat-new/+arc...eat7_armhf.deb

For anyone who doesn't familiar with the Ubuntu touch system, the instruction to test is as followed:
  1. Go to "System Settings -> About -> Developer Mode" and enable Developer Mode.
  2. Use ADB to install the file by running the following command:
    Code:
    adb shell
    wget https://launchpad.net/~peat-new/+archive/ubuntu/lg-d410-custom-test/+files/ofono_1.17.bzr6921+15.04.20160819.6-0ubuntu1peat7_armhf.deb
    sudo mount -o remount,rw / #You may be asked the password. Type in the screen's password. The password will not appear but it's in.
    dpkg -i ofono_1.17.bzr6921+15.04.20160819.6-0ubuntu1peat7_armhf.deb
    exit
  3. Now restart the phone. See if the phone can detect the SIM. If it can't please attach the syslog by running the following command:
    Code:
    adb pull /var/log/syslog
    Then, send me file named syslog.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peat_psuwit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift peat_psuwit Ad-Free
12th February 2017, 01:45 AM |#147  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Can't I make a flashable ROM of Ubuntu Touch instead of directly flashing it?
21st June 2017, 09:36 PM |#148  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Any update about ubport in this phone?
22nd June 2017, 08:21 AM |#149  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 127
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1lches

Any update about ubport in this phone?

I'm sorry for the silence. At this moment I'm upgrading the base system to the common system used by other UBPorts devices, so it'll take some time. Although you should be able to install the current version from UBPorts and benefit from the parts all UBPorts devices have in common.
22nd June 2017, 07:01 PM |#150  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peat_psuwit

I'm sorry for the silence. At this moment I'm upgrading the base system to the common system used by other UBPorts devices, so it'll take some time. Although you should be able to install the current version from UBPorts and benefit from the parts all UBPorts devices have in common.

Thanks for de reply.
I'm installing the ubports-touch/15.04/stable version of w7.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes