Thanks Meter: 127

By peat_psuwit, Member on 16th March 2015, 12:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th April 2015, 02:51 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 169

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichiato

Thanks. Is there any way I can browse through the list of apps and see? I also read somewhere that the apps for desktop version are compatible with that of the mobile version. How through is this?

https://uappexplorer.com/ is an unofficial app store. I know nothing about compatibility other than what Canonical has said. I have no experience using Touch. It would be awesome if Touch could be flashed by zip because I dont feel like f-ing up my only phone..
10th April 2015, 11:41 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 169

More
Has anyone tested this rom yet? I am curious how well it performs and of any bugs. I want to install it but I dont want to screw anything up
11th April 2015, 06:43 PM |#13  
Flag Shelby
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Is there anyway to recover from this if it doesnt work? Or anyway to go back to android?

Is the developer still working on the project at all?
12th April 2015, 07:29 AM |#14  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesB3

Is there anyway to recover from this if it doesnt work? Or anyway to go back to android?

You can take a backup with CWM/TWRP before install. If the rom doesn't work, you can boot into recovery, flash CWM/TWRP back, and restore your android.
If in doubt, you can always install stock rom via KDZ file. Search this device's forum for instruction.
Quote:

Is the developer still working on the project at all?

I'm still working on it if the time permit. The latest update have working Wi-Fi now. Please, don't ask the question like this again, because porting an operating system is not an easy task.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peat_psuwit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift peat_psuwit Ad-Free
12th April 2015, 02:10 PM |#15  
Flag Shelby

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peat_psuwit

You can take a backup with CWM/TWRP before install. If the rom doesn't work, you can boot into recovery, flash CWM/TWRP back, and restore your android.
If in doubt, you can always install stock rom via KDZ file. Search this device's forum for instruction.

I'm still working on it if the time permit. The latest update have working Wi-Fi now. Please, don't ask the question like this again, because porting an operating system is not an easy task.

Oh ok thats cool. I'll test on D415 when i have time.

I know. I apologize.
12th April 2015, 11:26 PM |#16  
Flag Shelby

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peat_psuwit

Do i use Ubuntu's terminal to install?
12th April 2015, 11:30 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Instructions for installing Ubuntu can be found here: https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/star...u-for-devices/.
Instructions for reverting back to android can be found here: https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/star...lling-android/.

I don't know if the installation instructions will vary at all since we have our own image instead of pulling from their repository....but I imagine it would be similar.

Hope that helps!
14th April 2015, 08:07 AM |#18  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Do i use Ubuntu's terminal to install?

Yes, you'll use terminal in Ubuntu to type those command. I'm not sure if ubuntu-device-flash is available on another Linux distro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaMay95

Instructions for installing Ubuntu can be found here: https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/star...u-for-devices/.
Instructions for reverting back to android can be found here: https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/star...lling-android/.

Most of installing instruction will apply here, just don't forget to specify device as generic and provide our device tarball. The parts that doesn't apply is about unlocking bootloader, because we actually can't do it that way. Instead, use instruction in this device's forum.
The reverting instructions can't be used here, as LG doesn't ship our device's ROM in that format. Instead, search this device's forum for instruction.
17th April 2015, 01:07 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
I tried to install but after install recovery it says that i´ve no space on the device
17th April 2015, 06:34 AM |#20  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by afpereira

I tried to install but after install recovery it says that i´ve no space on the device

I guess you probably need to check free space on your computer. The phone probably have enough space to install this.
But if it still doesn't work, please copy full message printed on the terminal. The error should say if it happen on the phone or on the computer.
17th April 2015, 10:39 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
It's on the phone, i think could be the system partition, i've resined to 730 mb
edit: it was that. have to had full system partition
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)