[GUIDE] Fastboot for L90 D415

Search This thread
Jun 19, 2016
OK thanks for helping though but when I use the key combo into getting into fastboot, i was able to get access to the fastboot.....
But I simply cannot run fast boot commands..
Always saying failed and stuff..
Any help would be appreciated..

That would be on LG as they're the ones who removed the commands from fastboot. Without LG's sources, no one can do anything about this but LG...

otherwise unlocking the boot loader and doing fastboot recovery stuff. what else do u need it for.

cuz apparently the bootloader is already unlocked

i just use flashify and flshed twrp and went from there

i used 1 click root for lg to root my phone.

i would advise d415 users to avoid editing the laf. cuz if u dont need it and it only would cause issue. stay away from the fastboot . but i could be wrong.

ZEBIATH

Jul 29, 2011
Buenos Aires
pls anyone can help me with this? )i have installed the usb drivers)
n30q5f.jpg

Last edited:

irfan61802

Jun 23, 2016
Help fastboot error

Hi @LaDY Vengeance,
I have a lg l90 d415 rooted with super su. When i boot into fastboot or what seems as it where it says "fastboot processing commands"-is that right?-and i type in "fastboot oem unlock" on my cmd window, it says FAILED (remote: unknown command) finished. total time: 0.004s. FYI, i already have twrp 3.0.2 flashed img with flashify and it runs. Do i still even need to unlock my bootloader? Also can someone plz provide me a link to cm 13(or latest) and gapps that goes with it. Thanks a ton in advance.

---------- Post added at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 AM ----------

fastboot flash laf laf.img

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk
Hi @LaDY Vengeance,
I booted into fastboot mode not knowing i didnt have to cause i already downloaded twrp. Now i cant reeboot into download mode. It gives me this error. C:\Users\Irfan\Downloads\AdbWin>fastboot flash laf laf.img
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'laf' (22528 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.716s]
writing 'laf'...
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 0.724s
When i type the command fastboot flash laf laf.img
I'm using the file you uploaded too
Please help
Thanks!

shinobisoft

Recognized Contributor
Feb 18, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Hi @LaDY Vengeance,
I have a lg l90 d415 rooted with super su. When i boot into fastboot or what seems as it where it says "fastboot processing commands"-is that right?-and i type in "fastboot oem unlock" on my cmd window, it says FAILED (remote: unknown command) finished. total time: 0.004s. FYI, i already have twrp 3.0.2 flashed img with flashify and it runs. Do i still even need to unlock my bootloader? Also can someone plz provide me a link to cm 13(or latest) and gapps that goes with it. Thanks a ton in advance.

---------- Post added at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 AM ----------

Hi @LaDY Vengeance,
I booted into fastboot mode not knowing i didnt have to cause i already downloaded twrp. Now i cant reeboot into download mode. It gives me this error. C:\Users\Irfan\Downloads\AdbWin>fastboot flash laf laf.img
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'laf' (22528 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.716s]
writing 'laf'...
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 0.724s
When i type the command fastboot flash laf laf.img
I'm using the file you uploaded too
Please help
Thanks!

You don't need to do any of this for the D415. You've already been advised of this fact, in several threads...

Edit:
My bad, didn't realize you were trying to restore your lag partition. Is 'laf.IMG' in the same folder as the fastboot executable? If not, move it there or include the full path to the laf.IMG you wish to flash.
Sent from my LG G Flex 2 (LS996) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

irfan61802

Jun 23, 2016
You don't need to do any of this for the D415. You've already been advised of this fact, in several threads...

Edit:
My bad, didn't realize you were trying to restore your lag partition. Is 'laf.IMG' in the same folder as the fastboot executable? If not, move it there or include the full path to the laf.IMG you wish to flash.

Thanks sorry for my clumsiness. However, i already tried putting it in the same folder and when u say path do u men add the laf to it because i already added the whole folder to the path. Thanks Edit: Actually none of the commands i type work in fastboot. It keeps saying remote: unknown command. Please help. Thanks

Last edited:

shinobisoft

Recognized Contributor
Feb 18, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Thanks sorry for my clumsiness. However, i already tried putting it in the same folder and when u say path do u men add the laf to it because i already added the whole folder to the path. Thanks Edit: Actually none of the commands i type work in fastboot. It keeps saying remote: unknown command. Please help. Thanks
I have a better solution...
Copy your "laf.img" to your sdcard. Internal or external, just remember where. Visit this thread and download and install my LG L90 Utilities app. Once installed, go to "Fastboot Manager", I think, lol. In the upper right hand corner is the menu button. Press it and select the only item "Choose restore image". This will open a file browser that will allow you to browse your device for the laf.img file you put on your sdcard. The file browser initially starts in internal storage. The first item in the file browser is to switch to external storage, the reverse if browsing external storage. Once your laf.img is found and selected press the button at the bottom of the app to restore the partition. Since you are trying to restore your laf partition, when the Fastboot Manager page initially opens, it should show Fastboot in green with a green check mark in front of it. After choosing your restore image, and if successfully restored, Fastboot should turn red and Software Upgrade should turn green. Your done. It sounds more complicated than it is.

irfan61802

Jun 23, 2016
I have a better solution...
Copy your "laf.img" to your sdcard. Internal or external, just remember where. Visit this thread and download and install my LG L90 Utilities app. Once installed, go to "Fastboot Manager", I think, lol. In the upper right hand corner is the menu button. Press it and select the only item "Choose restore image". This will open a file browser that will allow you to browse your device for the laf.img file you put on your sdcard. The file browser initially starts in internal storage. The first item in the file browser is to switch to external storage, the reverse if browsing external storage. Once your laf.img is found and selected press the button at the bottom of the app to restore the partition. Since you are trying to restore your laf partition, when the Fastboot Manager page initially opens, it should show Fastboot in green with a green check mark in front of it. After choosing your restore image, and if successfully restored, Fastboot should turn red and Software Upgrade should turn green. Your done. It sounds more complicated than it is.

How do u tell when and if it is actually doing the work. After i click select, it just closes the window and still show fastboot with a green checkmark. And when i press the bottom button "toggle" is shows up with a blank window saying warning with an ok button. When i press it nothing happens. BTW i know i used the right laf because it is the one @LaDY Vengeance provided. Edit: If this doesn't work or even if it does, i might not have downloaded the correct fastboot drivers hence none of the commands. Can you plz give me instructions to do that too thanks.
Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

lung1

Jul 12, 2014
Oradea
hi!

I'm stuck with no ROM and no download mode. I have the laf.img because I backup it, but I can't flash anything. I fact any command that I type results in: FAILED (remote: unknown command)

Do I have a hardbrick? Can I do something?

Snorp09

Jan 24, 2015
hi!

I'm stuck with no ROM and no download mode. I have the laf.img because I backup it, but I can't flash anything. I fact any command that I type results in: FAILED (remote: unknown command)

Do I have a hardbrick? Can I do something?

I'm in the same situation. Except... I don't have my LAF.img anymore. (I'm sure I backed it up, but I have no clue were I put it. I suspect I lost it in a hard drive failure I had.)

So... yeah... is this a hard brick? Is my poor phone bricked? (Lucky, I'd never do this on my main phone, so I'm still good phone wise.)

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, the download link for laf.img has malware.

Throla

Sep 10, 2013
I have a Lg L90 D415, it's stuck on LG boot logo and, sometimes, in T-mobile logo. I Tried to wipe all data by pressing volume - and power but when i wipe data the phone is still stuck, i tried to get to download mode but only i get to fastboot, in fastboot i can't flash o erase anything, i tried to flash recovery, laf, aboot, boot, rom.zip, nothing, i also tried to erase all these and nothing. For last, the phone is recognized by the pc because the command fastboot devices shows me the phone and when i enter a command like fastboot flash recovery recovery.img i only get FAILED (remote: unknow command) but, the phone shows the command in the screen. Is my phone dead? is there anything i can do to unbrick it?

AcuraKidd

Jan 14, 2011
im in the same boat, any command i run in fastboot, i get FAILED (remote: unknown command)

any solutions?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Original guide created by ChikushodoF for the LG G3. Use at your own risk!

The LG L90 does have fastboot, but it's hiding "behind" LG Download mode. The steps to access it are as follows:

Note: This assumes you've already rooted manually or with Towelroot and know what adb/fastboot is.

First, backup your LG Download mode (laf) with this code, so you can use LG Flash if necessary.

adb shell
    su
    dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf of=/sdcard/laf.img.

Run the following code to zero out laf:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf

adb reboot

For whatever reason, you won't be able to access fastboot via "reboot to bootloader" like most phones, so you've got to do a key combo:

Power Off
    Unplug USB
    Hold Volume Up
    Plug in USB

There you go, access to fastboot. I have attached a zip containing fastboot drivers for Windows users.

Link for D415 laf.... http://d-h.st/upP
    Well, according to "fastboot oem device-info" I am UNLOCKED!!!!! :eek::p:good::good::good::good::good::good::D:D:D:silly::silly::silly::silly::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive: :cool:
    A great treat! Woooo!
    How did you do it? That could be useful for someone that experiences the same thing! [emoji4]

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk
    He just downloaded a fresh kdz since his old one was possibly corrupted ?
    I accidentally stumbled upon that too. And the best part. When I was in there I found a command that works. I believe our
    Boot loader is locked but OEM unlock works on it. So before I flash my Roms I'm doing this to unlock the boot loader. Thanks for the intel

Sent from my LG-D415 using XDA Free mobile app