FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Ultimate Off-Topic Thread

1,448 posts
Thanks Meter: 751

By Ilxaot, Senior Member on 14th September 2014, 02:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Well, @aSuperSaiyanG0D and I decided it'd be a good idea to bring an OT thread to the forums(:

So I'll keep things short and simple to start with. This thread is not for discussing issues with phones or anything, it's for the the exact opposite.

What are everyone's thoughts on the iPhone 6?

When do you think Android L will release?

Anybody pick up Destiny since it released?
The Following User Says Thank You to Ilxaot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ilxaot Ad-Free

14th September 2014, 02:38 AM |#2  
Flag Tulsa, OK
Thanks Meter: 124

More
All I have to say bout iPhone 6....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aSuperSaiyanG0D For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aSuperSaiyanG0D Ad-Free
14th September 2014, 02:42 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Parrish

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSuperSaiyanG0D

All I have to say bout iPhone 6....

I literally just showed that to my sister and she said, "I don't care how great an Android is, I'll always want an iPhone."

It's a social symbol these days. And I guess in our society our value is what others perceive of us. So yeah, people are going to keep buying those things. Breaks my heart.

Although I will say, the slow motion video could be kind of cool. Not that I'd see myself using it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ilxaot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ilxaot Ad-Free
14th September 2014, 03:26 AM |#4  
Flag Tulsa, OK
Thanks Meter: 124

More
The only thing bout iOS that I'll admit is kinda nice, is when you jailbreak, and something screws up, it's very very hard to brick it. Just use iTunes and you can just restore it.

But then again, that would be to easy huh? Cx
14th September 2014, 05:01 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Parrish

More
Haha, I can't count how many times I've restored my phones via KDZ flashes... Nearing a hundred I assume lol.
14th September 2014, 05:14 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 219

More
Wow look apple made the iPhone 6 bigger and faster never saw that coming. Not really ground breaking stuff

I think that ios8 is a nice update for the ifags.
Has is some cool stuff, all things android has had for awhile.
But I still wouldn't buy a iPhone. In my opinion iPhone are the Nokia of the 90s, generic as f@#k.

Really looking forward to see what android brings with its android L release.

The Sony xperia z2 has slow motion camera too
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1410664259018.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (49.1 KB, 74 views)
14th September 2014, 05:39 AM |#7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Knoxville, TN
Thanks Meter: 3,235

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilxaot

It's a social symbol these days. And I guess in our society our value is what others perceive of us. So yeah, people are going to keep buying those things. Breaks my heart.

You hit the nail on the head. It's a status thing. Most people spend way too much time worrying about what others think of them. This distorts their own perception of themselves. I figured out early in life, as a teenager, that it really doesn't matter to me what others think of me. I am who I am the way I am.

On another note... CM11 currently building and I am waaayyy past where I was getting errors earlier. No longer using CAF kernel. Switched to LGs kernel base instead, for the time being anyways. Having to do a fresh build so it won't finish til @ 0400 EST.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shinobisoft For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shinobisoft Ad-Free
14th September 2014, 05:41 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 219

More
Since we are of topic friends of mine are doing a media project

It's low grade comedy but it's funny

The goal is a million views.

Have a watch. Like and share

Mt Doom Episode 1 Full Vid: http://youtu.be/ZGclSNXfZo8
14th September 2014, 05:41 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Parrish

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobisoft

You hit the nail on the head. It's a status thing. Most people spend way too much time worrying about what others think of them. This distorts their own perception of themselves. I figured out early in life, as a teenager, that it really doesn't matter to me what others think of me. I am who I am the way I am.

On another note... CM11 currently building and I am waaayyy past where I was getting errors earlier. No longer using CAF kernel. Switched to LGs kernel base instead, for the time being anyways. Having to do a fresh build so it won't finish til @ 0400 EST.

+1

Beautimus! Absolutely beautimus! Can't wait to give it a spin after service tomorrow morning. Show CAF who's boss.
14th September 2014, 05:42 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Parrish

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by meer_mortal

Since we are of topic friends of mine are doing a media project

It's low grade comedy but it's funny

The goal is a million views.

Have a watch. Like and share

Mt Doom Episode 1 Full Vid: http://youtu.be/ZGclSNXfZo8