[GUIDE] Unbrick a Hard Bricked L90 all variants

Search This thread

tramuyo

Feb 14, 2006
I have tried everything mentioned here but it's not working for me. When I connect an USB cable to my LG L90 this is what I see under ports (see device_manager.png attached)

When I use the boardiag application to run the test I keep getting the message "No response from the device. Check PMIC first and if still boot problem, replace AP." See error message screenshot.

I love this phone and want to get back working. Please help me.:crying:

seems boarddiag is outdated or phone AP (application processor) is totally messed up. Im at the same boat, hope to get some sort of solution... soon

Petrpan_2

Oct 1, 2014
Seattle US - Bologna IT
I followed the procedure and my LG-D415 hardbricked (i copied a laf image in a wrong place so no access to phone and battery don't charge) in some way is in windows 10: 2 new devices "usb input device" with no furter description. Windos 10 device propriety:

dev 1:
Il dispositivo USB\VID_093A&PID_2510\6&383296ac&0&2 è stato avviato.
Nome driver: input.inf
GUID classe: {745A17A0-74D3-11D0-B6FE-00A0C90F57DA}
Servizio: HidUsb
Filtri inferiori:
Filtri superiori:

Dev 2:
Il dispositivo USB\VID_05C6&PID_F006\6&383296ac&0&1 è stato configurato.

Data driver: 06/21/2006
Versione driver: 10.0.15063.0
Provider driver: Microsoft
Sezione driver: HID_Inst.NT
Classificazione driver: 0xFF3202
ID dispositivo corrispondente: USB\Class_03
Driver prioritari:
Aggiornamento dispositivo: false
Dispositivo padre: USB\VID_8087&PID_0020\5&7fa1681&0&1

I used the Boarddiag tool but it can't find the partizion ed i do not know the port. So i used the LG tool and i fount this log in this directory: C:\LGMobileUpgrade:

12:43:02 : Start Date : 2017-09-05 12:43:02
12:43:02 : ---------- CSE mode ---------
12:43:02 : ***** Check Tool Version *****
12:43:02 : Tool version :
12:43:02 : UpgradeDLL version :
12:43:02 : Current Dir : C:\Users\PF\Desktop\Unbrick qualcom phone\XDA\Hardbrick repair complete\LG Flash Tool 2014
12:43:02 : LGE USB Driver Version :
12:43:02 : Android PDLV Version :
12:43:02 : Android NDLV Version :
12:43:02 : ******************************************
12:43:02 : [C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone] Try to delete folder
12:43:02 : RemoveDirectory1 Error(2):C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone
12:43:02 : *****CheckOS Start********
12:43:02 : Microsoft_Windows8_Professional_
12:43:02 : *****CheckPCSyncPrograms Start*****
12:43:03 : PCSyncPrograms Not Found - OK and ready to upgrade
12:43:03 : SetEmerModeAT()
12:43:03 : Verifying phone connection...
12:43:03 : dwWaitResetTime(40000 ms)
12:43:04 : _IsConnectedPhone Call
12:43:04 : _IsConnectedPhone(0)
12:43:04 : 0 - NotConnected.
12:43:04 : 1 - Normal connect success
12:43:04 : 2 - Emergency connect success
12:43:05 : _IsConnectedPhone Call
12:43:05 : _IsConnectedPhone(0)
12:43:05 : 0 - NotConnected.
12:43:05 : 1 - Normal connect success
12:43:05 : 2 - Emergency connect success
12:43:06 : _IsConnectedPhone Call
12:43:06 : _IsConnectedPhone(0)
12:43:06 : 0 - NotConnected.
12:43:06 : 1 - Normal connect success
12:43:06 : 2 - Emergency connect success
12:43:06 : The USB cable is not connected with the phone.
Connect the phone and wait until the USB port is connected. Then, press the 'Retry' button.
12:43:08 : Check Cancel button active..
12:43:08 : !pUpgrade->StartProcessing ... PostMsg STEP_TYPE_ENV_ERROR
12:43:08 : Page_Error ºÎºÐÀÔ´Ï´Ù
12:43:08 : LG Mobile Phone S/W Upgrade is canceled.
To finish the LG Mobile Phone S/W Upgrade, press the 'Finish' button below.
12:43:08 : OnStepMsg STEP_TYPE_ENV_ERROR delete m_pLGCyonUpdate
12:43:09 : =======Cancel button click : m_nStep(5)
Thanks for any help

Last edited:
Reactions: ggguy

Uditmah

Sep 14, 2017
hello

how to flash these files and when i enter the button it shows partition does not exist please extract the files from the total binary image.. WHY

skyramanna

Sep 17, 2017
Hi... this post is creating an optimism in me for a lovely LG D410, L90.. that broke into a boot loop, and only option was to remove the battery to keep it at peace.
When I found this post, I was delighted, and I then followed the entire process of shorting the test point to ground, and got the HS-USB QD Loader 9008 on the Device manager consistently. I then followed the further instructions to download aboot, BackupGPT, but when I tried the restore boot img with 'boot', I got this error "boot partition write fail.. sector 0x50000 test aborted". I tried several times ending at the same. Can any one guide me from here?

---------- Post added at 02:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 AM ----------

Hi... this post is creating an optimism in me for a lovely LG D410, L90.. that broke into a boot loop, and only option was to remove the battery to keep it at peace. .............
........, but when I tried the restore boot img with 'boot', I got this error "boot partition write fail.. sector 0x50000 test aborted". I tried several times ending at the same. Can any one guide me from here?

Hi guys.. now I am not sure what worked.. I tried one more time after logging the above post, and voila.. the flashing of image files are completed one after the other without any error.. ! However, after I reconnected the battery and to USB, I get flashing battery charge icon at 0%!!.. The same repeats even if I plug to main charger.. I made a progress.. but still way to go.. any clues how to come out of the battery icon flash issue and what it means??? The phone does not start when I press power button... after a while, I see LG logo also is flashing alternately with 0% charge indicator.. dont know if its a battery issue.. getting optimistic further.. but not sure what the fix is..

opeller

Nov 19, 2012
Thank you!
You made it possible to save my device. Was sure it was a gonner and that I made 1 mistake too many to be able to fix it myself. Thank you so much!

iNeedRoms

Jan 20, 2017
Umm..... How did you get the IO shield off?

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

So I hardbricked my D415. I don't know how exactly but there was a guide on XDA where it mentioned flashing aboot and using Flashify to flash TWRP. Now, Windows sees my phone as multiple drives (probably every single partition) and no qhsusb or Qualcomm 9008. Should I try this method?

Feb 13, 2017
Umm..... How did you get the IO shield off?

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

So I hardbricked my D415. I don't know how exactly but there was a guide on XDA where it mentioned flashing aboot and using Flashify to flash TWRP. Now, Windows sees my phone as multiple drives (probably every single partition) and no qhsusb or Qualcomm 9008. Should I try this method?
The d415 doesn't need its aboot flashed to unlock bootloader you just need fastboot to do this and the IO shield just pops off.

DavidXanatos

Mar 22, 2013
Vienna
My phone is being detected as "QHSUSB__BULK" not "QHSUSB_BULK" when i force it to install the driver, the b2b application complains when I press start.
the log says Failed during lading flash programmer
Test Aborted!!!

I did not have to short the pin to get to this state, just hold down he power button and plug in the cable.

is that wrong? do i need to short the pin in any case?

Also I see a device called "Qualcomm MMC Storage USB Device" which appears to be the internal MMC exposed as a normal writable usb drive can I use this somehow to flash the flash? DD some image files to it may be?

Updating the drivers as said in the first post does not work as the device name is slightly wrong, reinstalling them manually also does not help.

Last edited:

L9_

Apr 7, 2018
About the unbrick process: All passed well, with success.
But now, after the unbrick process, my L90 D410hn shows only "Battery 0%".
How do I solve this?

ggguy

Feb 19, 2019
hey so i did the 2 part and the phone dose not turn on with the battery in,when its out it turns, but show a battery icon with a question mark i tried to replace batteries but it still show it . Hoppfuly you can help, thanks.

---------- Post added at 03:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 AM ----------

hi, so i did the 2part and after that i encounter it, i tried to replace batteries. But this happen when i remove the battery if i try it with the battery wit wont work, i tries to charge it to replace batteries. to turn it on without charging it trying leave it of for 24h. Whatever i do nothing works. Hopefully you can help thanks.

Jan.Pul

Apr 5, 2017
i know im a bit late but i still have a question, i somehow ****ed up my download mode (it now thinks its fastboot) and i cant factory reset. when i try to reset itll get stuck at factory reset processing.
i tried these steps again but it still doesnt seem keen on working. any advice?

hessien zaghloul

Oct 4, 2014
when i put the battery it showed me

450 Fastboot mode started
500 udc_started()

automatically and starts rebooting, and when i plugged the usb cable

450 Fastboot mode started
500 udc_started()
660 -reset-
670 -portchange-

and there's no way to turn it off
and still rebooting after 10 seconds and i can't enter the download mode.. is there any thing to stop the phone from rebooting?

walidss

Dec 16, 2017
LG D405N firmware .TOT extension

Please million time
I have been looking for firmware lg d405n by .tot extension
I didn't find on the internet
I need this tot. Firmware
I wish someone can help me to find it
Thanks ...

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

I didn't find lg d405n firmware by tot extension
I only found kdz
I need help to find that firmware by tot extension
Please help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Warning: Use this at your own risk. I’m not responsible for any damages that may happen due to using this guide.

Problem:
    LG L90 stuck at LG Boot Logo;
    Cannot enter download mode;
    Stuck at factory reset screen (factory reset processing) and cannot enter recovery;
    Cannot enter fastboot mode;
    Cannot enter qhsusb mode, or Qualcomm 9008 mode;

Attention: All the unbricking process is made WITHOUT the battery in the phone.

If your device is recognized in device manager as qhsusb_bulk or Qualcomm HS-USB QDloader 9008 jump to part 2.

Part 1 – Put the phone in qhsusb mode:
    1.1 Disassembly the phone: Vídeo
    1.2 Find the Test Point;
    pc66q.jpg

(Compatible whith the folloing models: D400h, D400hn, D405, D405h, D405n, D405tr, D410, D410h, D410hn, D415, D415rd)
    1.3 Connect the usb cable to the device (don’t connect it to pc yet);
    13yf0wy.jpg

1.4 Prepare the Test Point wires;
    2v9w77t.jpg

(I personally use an usb extension)
    1.5 Short the phone resistor;
    1.6 Connect the usb cable to pc;
    1.7 Wait until Windows to recognize the device;
    1.8 Disconnect the Test Point;

Now you should have the phone in qhsusb mode (Device Manager shows “QHSUSB_BULK” or “Qualcomm HS-USB QDloader 9008”).
    If the phone doesn’t get recognized repeat this steps again.

If you see “Qualcomm HS-USB QDloader 9008” in Device Manager jump to the part 2;
    If you see “QHSUSB_BULK” in Device Manager follow the next steps:
    1.1.1 Download L90_Drivers.zip; (https://3r0xub.s.cld.pt)
    1.1.2 Install the DriverL90;
    1.1.3 If Windows can’t install it properly, restart the pc and press F8 repeatedly, a boot menu will appear, select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement". Then you need to repeat everything from the beginning (Step 1.1);
    1.1.4 Even if you can’t install it properly, try to install the AlternativeDriver. Then you need to repeat the whole process from the beginning (Step 1.1);

Part 2 – Restore Phone files:
    2.1 Unzip L90_Hardbrick.zip; (https://ntqyw2.s.cld.pt)
    2.2 Start boarddiag (b2b.exe);
    2.3 Choose “W7 G2MDS (MSM8226)” Chipset;
    2.4 Choose Port according to the port you see in the Device Manager;
    2.5 Select your “Target Dir”;
    2.6 Check “AP check”;
    2.7 Check “EMMC”;
    2.8 Press “START” button;
    r218u8.jpg

2.9 After some time you should see “PASS” in AP and EMMC. Then you just need to check “RESTORE BOOT IMG” and flash the files in this order:
    1- aboot;
    2- BackupGPT;
    3- boot;
    4- laf;
    5- PrimaryGPT;
    6- recovery;
    7- rpm;
    8- tz;
    9- sbl1;
    295wm6e.jpg

After flashing all the files remove the usb cable, put the phone back together, and turn it on. Now you should have the phone working again.

If you get "device was not found in dload trying flash programmer" error, go to Device Manager, expand the COM ports section, right click on the QDloader 9008 device, select Update Driver Software, follow the steps and point to the DriverL90. Reboot your PC and try the steps again. (Thanks @krusli)

If the phone hangs on LG Boot Logo, do a factory reset.

Factory Reset
    1. Turn off the device;
    2. Press and hold Volume Down key + Power Key;
    3. Release Power key when LG logo appear;
    4. Press and hold Power key again;
    5. Release all keys when Factory Data Reset menu appears;

After that, you have to offline flash a stock KDZ for your L90 variant

Sources:
    4pda (http://4pda.ru/forum/lofiversion/index.php?t575959-4560.html)
    Credits to @TreQUS
    Hi, i am beginner and i don't know how i can connect 'this point' to GND in first picture and when i should 'disconnect' it. Pls help coz i reallly need it :rolleyes:

Anyway thanks for this guide it's my problem coz when i upgrade kitkat 4.4.2 to lollipop on lg l90 it's stop in 2/2 steps (7% and 'blue screen' with some bad parts) and i can't go to recovery,download,s/w mode
    For me, the easiest way to connect 'this point' to GND is as I show in the third picture, you can also get a piece of wire and connect the GND to the resistor, something like this:
    14xgl8x.jpg

Atention, be carefull to not connect the wire anywhere else than those two points.
    To know when you should disconnect the wire, just turn on your computer speakers, when you hear a sound like when you attach a flash drive, it's time to disconnect the wire.
    Hello everyone, I have some good news! I found a way to unbrick the device in case you flashed the wrong boot loader and your device is hard bricked. I found this tutorial in another post, so I'll include a link to that, but I'll also paste the solution here. This tutorial is not mine, but it worked and now I have my device back. However, my IMEI is 0 and I get some weird Warning when I boot my device. But even with IMEI 0 my service still works and that Warning is nothing important. So, here's the tutorial:
    We need
    1) LOADER.IMG LG L90-D410 or LG L90-D405 (Just to add something here, my phone is the d405n but because I couldn't find a file for it, I used the d405 and it worked. The phone now thinks it's the 405 model but NFC still appears and works fine.)
    2) DiskImageRev2.exe
    3) Hard Disk Low Level Format Tool
    Download everything from here

1) Connect phone to computer
    2) Install the program to format the Hard Disk Low Level Format Too Then run it
    3) Format the phone, do not forget to put a tick in formatting PERFORM QWICK WIPE
    4) Do not remove the phone from the PC
    5) Go to My computer, there you will see a flash drive, click on it and format the default means of WINDOWS
    6) Run the program to record the image IMG DiskImageRev2
    7) Specify the path to the downloaded and extract the image LOADER.IMG
    8) Indicate a formatted disk drive letter
    9) Next, check the box on the MB5 HASH press WRITE, further confirm the action
    10) Remove battery, wire, wait 5 sec., Insert the battery, hold the volume button "+" and connect the USB
    12) Your phone starts to DOWNLOADER
    13) Download D410 .kdz file and flash it via LGMobile Flash Tool

After you've done all that, then you can go to the post which says Unbrick Phone, Relock Bootloader and other stuff and fllow that tutorial in order to flash your stock ROM back. I'll have another post below this with all the links. I hope I helped you! Just remember that because of the IMEI 0 you might not be able to use you device for phone and sms cause the service provider may block you and I don't know how to fix that problem.

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

Here's the link to the Original post: http://xdaforums.com/lg-l90/help/bricked-d410-t3094018
    Here's the link to download the stuff neded: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=32938
    Here's the link to use after you're done with the first tutorial:
    http://xdaforums.com/lg-l90/general/guide-flash-stock-kdz-offline-lg-l90-t2803479

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

If anyone has any further questions , don't hesitate to ask! I'll be glad to help you :) best of luck on fixing you device, and also I know that this might not the the best solution (cause of the IMEI 0 and stuff but it worked for me so I hope it works for you too!)

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

And something that I forgot to add, this solution works for those who get the Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 on the device manager on their computers. This is what I was getting too and this tutorial worked.
    This Works but now in "About Phone" shows V120b-OP1-HQ.
    Formerly V20b-SCA-XXX and now the frontal camera doesn't work!
    How to Fix this?:confused:

I think you used the recovery images from a different model to launch download mode. The hardbrick file is nothing more than the partition tables and partitions images backups until the laf mmcblk0p15 of an unknown L90 variant (probably D410 dual-SIM without NFC). I believe you are able to fix this by rooting, unlocking the bootloader and flashing the whole bootstack from you model. When I say whole, I mean all partitions you'll find inside the KDZ of your model (except for GPT tables of course). A TWRP flashable zip can be easily setup for this task. Many people can face this problem but I think this is the solution, the hardbrick file is a good start so you can launch download mode and after flash the proper images of your exact model.

I'm not sure this will solve your problem, but I believe this is the cause. :good:
    I followed the procedure and my LG-D415 hardbricked (i copied a laf image in a wrong place so no access to phone and battery don't charge) in some way is in windows 10: 2 new devices "usb input device" with no furter description. Windos 10 device propriety:

dev 1:
    Il dispositivo USB\VID_093A&PID_2510\6&383296ac&0&2 è stato avviato.
    Servizio: HidUsb
    Filtri inferiori:
    Filtri superiori:

Dev 2:
    Il dispositivo USB\VID_05C6&PID_F006\6&383296ac&0&1 è stato configurato.

Data driver: 06/21/2006
    Versione driver: 10.0.15063.0
    Provider driver: Microsoft
    Sezione driver: HID_Inst.NT
    Classificazione driver: 0xFF3202
    ID dispositivo corrispondente: USB\Class_03
    Driver prioritari:
    Aggiornamento dispositivo: false
    Dispositivo padre: USB\VID_8087&PID_0020\5&7fa1681&0&1

I used the Boarddiag tool but it can't find the partizion ed i do not know the port. So i used the LG tool and i fount this log in this directory: C:\LGMobileUpgrade:

12:43:02 : Start Date : 2017-09-05 12:43:02
    12:43:02 : ---------- CSE mode ---------
    12:43:02 : ***** Check Tool Version *****
    12:43:02 : Tool version :
    12:43:02 : UpgradeDLL version :
    12:43:02 : Current Dir : C:\Users\PF\Desktop\Unbrick qualcom phone\XDA\Hardbrick repair complete\LG Flash Tool 2014
    12:43:02 : LGE USB Driver Version :
    12:43:02 : Android PDLV Version :
    12:43:02 : Android NDLV Version :
    12:43:02 : ******************************************
    12:43:02 : [C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone] Try to delete folder
    12:43:02 : RemoveDirectory1 Error(2):C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone
    12:43:02 : *****CheckOS Start********
    12:43:02 : Microsoft_Windows8_Professional_
    12:43:02 : *****CheckPCSyncPrograms Start*****
    12:43:03 : PCSyncPrograms Not Found - OK and ready to upgrade
    12:43:03 : SetEmerModeAT()
    12:43:03 : Verifying phone connection...
    12:43:03 : dwWaitResetTime(40000 ms)
    12:43:04 : _IsConnectedPhone Call
    12:43:04 : _IsConnectedPhone(0)
    12:43:04 : 0 - NotConnected.
    12:43:04 : 1 - Normal connect success
    12:43:04 : 2 - Emergency connect success
    12:43:05 : _IsConnectedPhone Call
    12:43:05 : _IsConnectedPhone(0)
    12:43:05 : 0 - NotConnected.
    12:43:05 : 1 - Normal connect success
    12:43:05 : 2 - Emergency connect success
    12:43:06 : _IsConnectedPhone Call
    12:43:06 : _IsConnectedPhone(0)
    12:43:06 : 0 - NotConnected.
    12:43:06 : 1 - Normal connect success
    12:43:06 : 2 - Emergency connect success
    12:43:06 : The USB cable is not connected with the phone.
    Connect the phone and wait until the USB port is connected. Then, press the 'Retry' button.
    12:43:08 : Check Cancel button active..
    12:43:08 : !pUpgrade->StartProcessing ... PostMsg STEP_TYPE_ENV_ERROR
    12:43:08 : Page_Error ºÎºÐÀÔ´Ï´Ù
    12:43:08 : LG Mobile Phone S/W Upgrade is canceled.
    To finish the LG Mobile Phone S/W Upgrade, press the 'Finish' button below.
    12:43:08 : OnStepMsg STEP_TYPE_ENV_ERROR delete m_pLGCyonUpdate
    12:43:09 : =======Cancel button click : m_nStep(5)
    Thanks for any help