1,248 posts
Thanks Meter: 922

Post Reply Email Thread
21st September 2017, 10:17 AM |#21  
Flag Nagpur
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I dont think the phone has a bootloader/fastbootmode
I have been trying to root the device from many days now and everytime end it by giving up

Here is all I have understood till now
1) To root an LG device the first thing to do is to unlock the bootloader (Bootloader is kind of the core chipset/motherboard software. Android is installed on top of this)
2) To unlock the bootloader you need to have your device ID
3) The device ID can be obtained by connecting your phone to the PC in the "bootloader/fastboot" mode (Similar to download mode on samsung)

However the phone does not boot in the "Fastboot/bootloader mode" no matter what I try. I can see the device in ADB, I can give it a command to reboot in the "Bootloader mode". It restarts also, but then it just boots in the normal android mode. PS - I have enabled the debugging mode in the developer options and have also enabled "Enable OEM unlock". But somehow this just wont load in the "fastboot/bootloader mode".

Request to some of the Gurus here to help us(18:9 screen lovers)!
The Following User Says Thank You to crustydemon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crustydemon Ad-Free

22nd September 2017, 01:58 PM |#22  
Flag Makassar
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Is this system phone same as LG G6? Maybe some devs can see G6 system to make an unlock bootloader. I am sorry, just trying to give advice. I dont really understand about developing android.

Sent from my LG-M700 using Tapatalk
22nd September 2017, 04:22 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Stupid question))
Is it possible to embed TWRP in the kdz firmware and flash it? Or is there protection against changing the firmware?
22nd September 2017, 06:47 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 147

More
looks like we're out of look

http://developer.lge.com/resource/mo...Bootloader.dev

LG has a very strict bootloader unlock policy and Q6 is not on the list and usually only phones from US the EU supported
23rd September 2017, 01:04 AM |#25  
Flag Makassar
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Maybe it because our Q6 is brand new device. Lets hope in the couple of next month LG make it possible to unlock bootloader

Sent from my LG-M700 using Tapatalk
23rd September 2017, 01:25 AM |#26  

More
Nobody respond

http://mobile.developer.lge.com/supp...der%3Fpage%3D3
24th September 2017, 11:14 PM |#27  
OP Senior Member
Flag St. Louis

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crustydemon

I have been trying to root the device from many days now and everytime end it by giving up

Here is all I have understood till now
1) To root an LG device the first thing to do is to unlock the bootloader (Bootloader is kind of the core chipset/motherboard software. Android is installed on top of this)
2) To unlock the bootloader you need to have your device ID
3) The device ID can be obtained by connecting your phone to the PC in the "bootloader/fastboot" mode (Similar to download mode on samsung)

However the phone does not boot in the "Fastboot/bootloader mode" no matter what I try. I can see the device in ADB, I can give it a command to reboot in the "Bootloader mode". It restarts also, but then it just boots in the normal android mode. PS - I have enabled the debugging mode in the developer options and have also enabled "Enable OEM unlock". But somehow this just wont load in the "fastboot/bootloader mode".

Request to some of the Gurus here to help us(18:9 screen lovers)!

LG has locked down fastboot mode. Only root can help you unlock bootloader and flash TWRP.
25th September 2017, 03:13 PM |#28  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvineeth97

LG has locked down fastboot mode. Only root can help you unlock bootloader and flash TWRP.

Means we're doomed does it
26th September 2017, 07:18 PM |#29  

More
All no one......
27th September 2017, 11:30 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Flag St. Louis

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by optionalmgrr.la

All no one......

I am in contact with one of the devs who owns LG Q6. He sent me the aboot. We will patch it and send it by tomorrow.
28th September 2017, 06:07 AM |#31  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvineeth97

I am in contact with one of the devs who owns LG Q6. He sent me the aboot. We will patch it and send it by tomorrow.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
custom, lg-q6, twrp

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)