FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Heat

812 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,713

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 25th July 2017, 07:19 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Some phones are great to take camping because if you play Asphalt 8 long enough, the back warms up to the ideal temperature that can bake bread. Rate this thread to express the extent to which the LG Q6 stays cool under extended heavy use. A higher rating indicates that even when playing strenuous games for long periods of time, the phone doesn't get uncomfortably warm.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
The Following User Says Thank You to XDA_RealLifeReview For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XDA_RealLifeReview Ad-Free

14th August 2017, 04:32 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
heating issue with regular usage
I am having heating issue with just regular usage like camera and WhatsApp video call. The frame near volume buttons gets really hot.
Let me know if other are not facing that same issue then I will initiate a replace.
14th August 2017, 11:08 AM |#3  
Flag New Delhi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhavin1190

I am having heating issue with just regular usage like camera and WhatsApp video call. The frame near volume buttons gets really hot.
Let me know if other are not facing that same issue then I will initiate a replace.

Mine is also heating really bad. I think its common with plastic phones.
14th August 2017, 04:27 PM |#4  

More
Same heating issue with basic usage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejazibkhan

Mine is also heating really bad. I think its common with plastic phones.

I am also facing same heating issue with normal/basic usage. Its very irritating. I read some of the reviews on amazon site. I assume, Not all Q6 users are facing this excessive heating issue.. so confused, what to do... not sure if i should return it and ask for replacement? any suggestions?
16th August 2017, 04:10 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
There is a heating near the volume button. I guess its normal. May be a update can help.
17th August 2017, 06:50 AM |#6  

More
Hope for an update soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpit999

There is a heating near the volume button. I guess its normal. May be a update can help.

I guess then there is no use in replacing the device only way is to wait for an update and hope they would solve this.
17th August 2017, 01:11 PM |#7  

More
Misleading facts LG Q6
LG Q6 Two misleading points advertised:

1) The Processor stated on the LG website and Amazon.in is Snapdragon 435 but the phone has an older Snapdragon 430.

2) The phone is advertised as having a full metal body but the back panel is plastic.
18th August 2017, 10:25 AM |#8  
Flag Saskatoon
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosqbhp

1) The Processor stated on the LG website and Amazon.in is Snapdragon 435 but the phone has an older Snapdragon 430.

2) The phone is advertised as having a full metal body but the back panel is plastic.

For me, second point is not a deal breaker cuz I knew before buying.

Is it point 1 true?
18th August 2017, 02:27 PM |#9  

More
Quote:

You shouldn't believe the CPU Z app it will tell you 430 instead use CPU X it shows you Qualcomm MSM8940 which actually is the 435 we are talking about.

Why would a company mislead the customer by telling the wrong CPU it is really easy to find it out. Also LG is a reputed brand. On the other hand don't convey wrong info to people do some research then speak up.
19th August 2017, 05:37 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:

Actually I pretty well knew that it doesn't have a metallic body I didn't care but was happy to know that the edges are metallic.
22nd August 2017, 07:11 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Its not a heating issue, the processor is in the left side, near the volume, its metal, i use the camera and feel the heat, but my phone says its only 36 degrees, not alarming though, its normal.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)