FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

LG Stylo 3-Enable Mobile Hotspot, No Root Needed

17 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By Master-Blaster, Junior Member on 11th September 2018, 09:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I don't know if this was covered already but I couldn't find anything on this here.

This is if you want to un-cripple your mobile hotspot without rooting your phone. The "boss lady" and I use our hotspots as our separate full internet services so this is the main reason I've been rooting my phones over the years. Since it's becoming more difficult to root the latest phones this is a wicked alternative. This worked on my Cricket Stylo 3 M430 and it should work on others. Also worked on an LG V10. Didn't work on an LG Stylo 4 though.

Install an app from the Play Store called "Settings Database Editor" by "4A". This is one of the very best hacking apps I've ever used and it doesn't require root. The app is free and no ads so I'm sending this brother 5 bones because he deserves it. Read his info instructions and warning in his Play Store page.

Before you do anything with the app, attempt to enable your hotspot and let the bloody thing tell you it ain't going to work. Then close it out. This will make sure it writes a line inside the thing that says: "tether_entitlement_check_state" "5" because sometimes it's not there to edit. You could write the line yourself with the app but it's much quicker and easier to let the bloody thing do it for you.

Now open the app and scroll down "System Table" to that line: "tether_entitlement_check_state" "5" - Now tap the line and choose "Edit Value" and change the 5 (or whatever number it is-usually a 5 or a 1) to a 0 (zero). That's freaking it. Now close the app and enjoy your free Mobile Hotspot!

Btw, I just got this phone, it's on version "M43010g" and according to the LG website support page there is 1 more "Security Update" left for this, version "M43010i". Needless to say I never update anything when I have what I want working. I don't care what Screwgle says the next version does or update has. If my device does what I want it to do I ain't swallowing it, lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to Master-Blaster For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Master-Blaster Ad-Free
3rd October 2018, 12:11 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 15

Donate to Me
More
This did not work on my Stylo 3, I'm on virgin mobile.
25th October 2018, 03:18 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master-Blaster

I don't know if this was covered already but I couldn't find anything on this here.

This is if you want to un-cripple your mobile hotspot without rooting your phone. The "boss lady" and I use our hotspots as our separate full internet services so this is the main reason I've been rooting my phones over the years. Since it's becoming more difficult to root the latest phones this is a wicked alternative. This worked on my Cricket Stylo 3 M430 and it should work on others. Also worked on an LG V10. Didn't work on an LG Stylo 4 though.

Install an app from the Play Store called "Settings Database Editor" by "4A". This is one of the very best hacking apps I've ever used and it doesn't require root. The app is free and no ads so I'm sending this brother 5 bones because he deserves it. Read his info instructions and warning in his Play Store page.

Before you do anything with the app, attempt to enable your hotspot and let the bloody thing tell you it ain't going to work. Then close it out. This will make sure it writes a line inside the thing that says: "tether_entitlement_check_state" "5" because sometimes it's not there to edit. You could write the line yourself with the app but it's much quicker and easier to let the bloody thing do it for you.

Now open the app and scroll down "System Table" to that line: "tether_entitlement_check_state" "5" - Now tap the line and choose "Edit Value" and change the 5 (or whatever number it is-usually a 5 or a 1) to a 0 (zero). That's freaking it. Now close the app and enjoy your free Mobile Hotspot!

Btw, I just got this phone, it's on version "M43010g" and according to the LG website support page there is 1 more "Security Update" left for this, version "M43010i". Needless to say I never update anything when I have what I want working. I don't care what Screwgle says the next version does or update has. If my device does what I want it to do I ain't swallowing it, lol.

I've used premium modified foxfi app for years. had have to know how to set up a proxy and have proxy server on the other device but it's worked. i switched to cricket 2 months ago. no Hotspot with my unlimited plan no problem right well... the app works the hotspot comes on... I can connect to it and the data flows. but then after a month or so, I receive a text message from cricket telling me that they noticed I'm using a proxy as a hotspot and that if I continue to do so that they will disconnect my service. so I'm going to check this out but if they discontinue my service I'm so switching back to Metro **** cricket

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kw69747

I've used premium modified foxfi app for years. had have to know how to set up a proxy and have proxy server on the other device but it's worked. i switched to cricket 2 months ago. no Hotspot with my unlimited plan no problem right well... the app works the hotspot comes on... I can connect to it and the data flows. but then after a month or so, I receive a text message from cricket telling me that they noticed I'm using a proxy as a hotspot and that if I continue to do so that they will disconnect my service. so I'm going to check this out but if they discontinue my service I'm so switching back to Metro **** cricket

update it works I hit the hot spot and it comes on just like that. waiting to see if I get a nasty text message and they cut my service off LOL waiting to see if I get a nasty text message
25th October 2018, 03:33 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Williams, AZ
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kw69747

Hey brother, I think I know what the problem is. I've been using it on Cricket for 2 years without issue and then 3 weeks ago I got the same message. I think this is what's happening. I've been using it for over 2 years on an unlocked "non"-Cricket phone. Two months ago I got a Cricket Stylo 3 from Cricket because of the discount and didn't give it a second thought. When I got the message I figured it had to be because of the Cricket phone since most cell companies have their phones locked and prog'd a certain way to let them know what's you're doing. So I went back to my unlocked MetroPCS Stylo and so far I haven't been contacted by them again. I think for it to work, with any carrier, is to use an unlocked non-carrier phone. An unlocked MetroPCS phone will not be programmed to inform Cricket of anything and an unlocked Cricket phone will not be programmed to inform MetroPCS of anything. I think that's the only way I've been doing it for over 2 years without issue. Whether its the unlocking that does it or using a non-carrier phone that does it I'm not sure. I'm gong to wait a couple more months and if I don't get messaged about it by then I'm going to try my Cricket Stylo 3 again as I just paid 5 bones for an unlock code and it is now unlocked. If I get messaged about it again then I'll know its not the unlocking that is the thing but using an unlocked non-carrier phone that's the trick.

And btw, the "boss lady" is still using her unlocked MetroPCS phone's Hotspot and she never got the Cricket text message warning that you and I got. What does that tell you?
2nd January 2019, 09:04 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master-Blaster

I did everything you said here on my lg stylo 3 from cricket but when i tried to connect to the wifi on both my tablet and laptop, it showed as no internet connection. i tried to leave the network as open and nothing.Am i the only one with this problem? Is there a fix to this yet?
25th August 2019, 09:05 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
LG Stylo 3 M430
Thanks for info. Confirmed it to work on LG Stylo 3 M430.
24th October 2019, 03:27 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Use the edit icon to pin, add or delete clips.Touch and hold a clip to pin it. Unpinned clips will be deleted after 1 hour.Touch and hold a clip to pin it. Unpinned clips will be deleted after 1 hour.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lg-stylo-3

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)