Qi wireless charging is here.

Search This thread

kaluna00

Mar 24, 2011
Tacoma
Hey all. I purchased the chinese NFC and Qi sticker and I haven't notice any clicks or hissing, but i do notice the phone itself gets decently warm. I don't charge it for too long (a couple hours or so) then remove it to let it cool and then put it back on the charger. Using Ampere, i am normally charger around 300 to 550mA
I will listen more closely if I hear something at home.

Been Qi charging for the last 20 minutes at 790mA (tested with Ampere) and the phone is actually still cool. up about 7% at this point it looks like.

Last edited:

ph3nom

Dec 5, 2010
Indonesia
I have been using the Chinese qi wireless back cover (the sticker in this back co er also written chargeing) for at least 3 weeks now and rarely use plug charging anymore. So far i don't have any problems. And temp rarely go up to 39 degrees celcius and most of the time around 36 to 37, also I don't hear hissing until i put my ear really close to it and tge hissing sound is very minimal.

And i just ordered choetech T513 as my current qi charger, just a cheap one and 1 coil.

BTW i bought the choetech from aliexpress which cost only about $22

Last edited:

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
I have been using the Chinese qi wireless back cover (the sticker in this back co er also written chargeing) for at least 3 weeks now and rarely use plug charging anymore. So far i don't have any problems. And temp rarely go up to 39 degrees celcius and most of the time around 36 to 37, also I don't hear hissing until i put my ear really close to it and tge hissing sound is very minimal.

And i just ordered choetech T513 as my current qi charger, just a cheap one and 1 coil.

This is the latest one I purchased costing about USD 21 to join my other 10 chargers, it's a 2 stacked coil charger only about 5mm thick made mainly with aluminum and does weight very heavy, seems to work very well.

161mg6x.jpg

xopmc2.jpg

24pbb6g.jpg

Last edited:

keeper22

Dec 1, 2008
I also had wireless charging working for a while but it has stopped recently. I replaced the sticker and it still does not work so I think it is a software problem rather than hardware.

bundee1

Mar 22, 2010
I bought the Official looking LG charging cover (I'm going to declare it official) off of Amazon. $60 and it's barely 1 or 2mm thicker but still fits my obliq case perfectly. It barely gets warm charging on an old maxi pad shaped Samsung wireless s charger. It usually charges from 5% to full in 3ish hrs, but not sure because I'm usually sleeping.

xdanavahawk

Sep 30, 2014
Purchased one of the cheap back covers.Seemed to be working fine at first,then would intermittently stop and start,phone got very hot.Used with and without Obliq cover,same thing.Put my G2 on same charger and no problems.No overheating and constant charge.Put my V10 back on for a quick few seconds to make sure I didn't burn something out, and would still show charging,but decided not to risk any damage and will not use the cheapy again.Glad I saw here about some who lost charging altogether,otherwise I might have kept trying and done the same.Have one of the so called OEM official ones on the way,hoping for better results and authenticity.

Milimbar

Jul 19, 2011
Is anyone here using the official Qi back (CPR-120) from LG and the Choetech Iron Stand Qi charger?
If so what kind of charge do you get from it?
Does it charge full speed just dropping the phone down in portrait mode or do you need to have a spacer?
What charging speed do you get from the ampere app?

I already have 10+ chargers and all have some type of issue with this phone.
Some will charge perfectly but placement is odd.
I am looking for one I can just drop the phone on and it will work 100%.

Thanks

Apache0c

Aug 3, 2010
SoCal
I just ordered the NeWisdom sticker today. $12.99 compared to the $3.50 cheepos but it will get here a month sooner and looks a lot nicer. This way I can use the factory back cover, I like the material it's made of. The white plastic Qi/NFC cover I've been using is starting to crack and fall apart.

I'm optimistic. Cant wait to see how it performs. I'll post back.

bundee1

Mar 22, 2010
I bought the Official looking LG charging cover (I'm going to declare it official) off of Amazon. $60 and it's barely 1 or 2mm thicker but still fits my obliq case perfectly. It barely gets warm charging on an old maxi pad shaped Samsung wireless s charger. It usually charges from 5% to full in 3ish hrs, but not sure because I'm usually sleeping.
It's the official cpr 120 case from LG Korea.

ph3nom

Dec 5, 2010
Indonesia
I just ordered the NeWisdom sticker today. $12.99 compared to the $3.50 cheepos but it will get here a month sooner and looks a lot nicer. This way I can use the factory back cover, I like the material it's made of. The white plastic Qi/NFC cover I've been using is starting to crack and fall apart.

I'm optimistic. Cant wait to see how it performs. I'll post back.

From amazon?

I wish amazon can ship to my country :(

I will be waiting for your review as i read from amazon review it is about 50% bad and good LOL

I just checked on ebay for oem lg back cover and cost about $99 usd, so damn expensive just for wireless OEM back cover

Last edited:

Apache0c

Aug 3, 2010
SoCal
From amazon?

I wish amazon can ship to my country :(

I will be waiting for your review as i read from amazon review it is about 50% bad and good LOL

I just checked on ebay for oem lg back cover and cost about $99 usd, so damn expensive just for wireless OEM back cover

Hmm, 4 of 5 stars in 59 reviews seems better than 50% to me.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017SNFGZ0
I'm surprised they dont have Amazon in Indonesia, they probably will soon.

ph3nom

Dec 5, 2010
Indonesia
Hmm, 4 of 5 stars in 59 reviews seems better than 50% to me.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017SNFGZ0
I'm surprised they dont have Amazon in Indonesia, they probably will soon.

you have to filter the G4 and the V10.

only about 6 to 7 reviews for v10 the rest are G4

yea there is a wesbite here that can buy things from amazon but they increase the price up to 30% better just buy from aliexpress for china items

Apache0c

Aug 3, 2010
SoCal
you have to filter the G4 and the V10.

only about 6 to 7 reviews for v10 the rest are G4

yea there is a wesbite here that can buy things from amazon but they increase the price up to 30% better just buy from aliexpress for china items

Oh shoot, I didnt think of that. Now that you mention it, I did see it though. Oh well, we'll see how it works I guess. Will post back.

bap427

Dec 28, 2015
I also had wireless charging working for a while but it has stopped recently. I replaced the sticker and it still does not work so I think it is a software problem rather than hardware.
I was wondering if you are using a Verizon version V10 or are with another carrier. Trying to get to the root of this problem, I have had four phones that don't charge wirelessly any more, LG says do a factory reset. Been there, done that-it doesnt make it work.

dp92180

Apr 21, 2008
I just got a new replacement sticker in and does not work at all. NFC is fine but no charge on multiple charging pads including the one the seller sent me. Wonder if there is permanent damage or if it's a software thing.

bap427

Dec 28, 2015
I just got a new replacement sticker in and does not work at all. NFC is fine but no charge on multiple charging pads including the one the seller sent me. Wonder if there is permanent damage or if it's a software thing.
Would you tell me what carrier you are using, I am trying to determine if it is a problem exclusively with Verizon phones or all versions. I am trying to gather all the info I can so that I can relay it all to LG tech support.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have tested two plastic cover which also include the stock version and a modified version. modified version includes a proper copper strand wired coil instead of the flexi coil.

9jp3d2.jpg

Yijieneng Q300 Dual single coil transmitter

normal cover not working
    modified cover works with very minor hiss
    Stays connected

n4i7hx.jpg

PowerQI T200 3 coils transmitter

normal cover works with hiss
    modified cover works with hiss
    Stays connected

2h5l7o8.jpg

powerholic/araree OWC-401T single coil transmitter

normal cover works with very minor hiss
    modified cover works very minor hiss

kc07b.jpg

Samsung EP-PG900IBE single coil transmitter

normal cover works no hiss
    modified cover works no hiss
    Charger and phones stays connected

acyhok.jpg

IFFU WCI-1000 single coil transmitter

normal cover works with minor hiss
    modified cover works with minor hiss
    Full charge phone disconnects after 30 minutes, charger stays on and does not auto connect.

6ign60.jpg

Sanwa Supply WLC-STN11W 7 coils standing transmitter

Does not work.

al6tet.jpg

Panasonic QE-TM101 single moving coil Transmitter

normal cover not working
    disconnect and auto reconnect to top up

2nvwgfr.jpg

NTT Do Co Mo model 2 single moving coil Transmitter

normal cover works with very minor hiss
    modified cover works with very minor hiss
    Stays connected

iw3v4h.jpg

Sony wireless portable charger single coil Transmitter CP-W5 5000mAh

Disconnect after fully charge, due to the nature of the power pack, power of the charger will switch off.

2qbgf9i.jpg

Metrans Wireless Box single coil Transmitter W-10000 10400mAh

Disconnect after fully charge, due to the nature of the power pack, power of the charger will switch off.

Metrans Wireless Box 3 in 1 single coil Transmitter W-5000 5000mAh

Portable mode, disconnect after fully charge, due to the nature of the power pack, power of the charger will switch off.
    plug in mode, stays connected.

161mg6x.jpg

W6 Funxim Dual coil wireless transmitter.

normal cover works very minor hiss
    modified cover works very minor hiss
    BROWN LG V10 Wireless Charging Battery Leather Door Back Cover Case

"Butter". Works out of the box! Lines up easily on my TYLT charger.

LG V10 Wireless Charging Battery Leather Door Back Cover Case http://www.ebay.com/itm/281853142038

I just received mine and popped it on instantly.

Guys / gals, this is by far the best presentation I have ever seen in a case/back cover. Way better than OEM IMHO.

It's real leather (smells like a new car with leather interior), cut is fantastic, quality is amazing. I put it on and popped on to my CHOEtech 3coil Qi wireless charging stand and it starting charging instantly, no worries about placement or finding the sweet spot.

The packaging it came in is like a compressed cardboard or particle wood casing you'd keep cigars in. I got the BROWN one.

EDIT: Picture of inner back / sticker..
    2zxpiy8.jpg

Using this charger [3 Coils Wireless Charger]CHOE Iron Stand QI Wireless Charging Pad with 2 Amps Power Adapter and Micro USB Cable

I got 1680mA charging but as soon as I moved the phone to get screenshot it remeasured.. I did get this one phone laying on its side horizontally. (I don't think it's accurate, but fun)

2agq4jo.png
    Just my input so far regarding wireless charging.

I originally got one of those Hong Kong $5 DIY stickers for wireless charging. I removed the OEM NFC sticker on my faux leather back, and applied this one.

This $5 DIY sticker kind of worked: it did not work with my old samsung QI charger but it did work with my TYLT vu charger. But when wireless charging, it made a hissing/humming sound. Since I charge my phone while in bed sleeping, the hissing sound was loud and annoying enough that I can hear it while trying to sleep. In regards to not working with the samsung charger, I believe it's because of the wattage is lower on the samsung charger because it is connected to the outlet via USB adaptor plug, where the TYLT vu is plugged in via AC adaptor. As well, when charging on TYLT it was extremely hot. I also tried to charge the DIY sticker with the Ikea QI products, none of them would work. The results are the same as mentioned in previous posts on this thread (it will say charging, but doesn't charge, and then disconnect and actually would drain the battery fast). Therefore, the DIY sticker from overseas you need a high voltage QI charger AND it will make a hissing sound that is annoying.

Since I love wireless charging, I bit the bullet and got the OEM wireless charging back that is available on amazon.com for $99. This works flawlessly with all my QI chargers, and the back sits flush like the backs without wireless charging.

I hope my story has helped someone here.
    Amazon has a Qi reciever for sale. It is shipped by Amazon so it is available on Prime. I have had good luck with Yootech products in the past. Gonna give one a shot.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017R40JRA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
    The only problem with that is the people who made the cheap aftermarket stickers made junk that burns up the chip in your phone.

LG's own CPR-120 wireless charging back cover burned out the chip in my V10, and this is using a high-quality charger (Tylt Vu), not a cheap Chinese POS.

LG just used garbage parts. It's the same crappy IDT chip that has been burning out in the G4 for months now.