Wireless Charging for my V10??

Search This thread

Dr. Righteous

Dec 14, 2015
Knoxville
I'm not finding clear info on if the V10 is ready to go or needs something added to enable a wireless charging on a wireless charging stand.
I've seen you you can add some kind of antenna to the back cover; when I remove the back cover on mine, there is already one there; but not sure if it is for wireless charging.

Can anyone fill me in?

ZiCott

Feb 15, 2013
That's for NFC, Qi wireless charging requires an new replacement back accessory. Just google Qi Wireless, and the NFC/Qi charging requires two Pairs of PIN connectors on the LEFT and RIGHT side of the back cover. By default its only on the RIGHT hand side, which is for NFC only

lexelby

Jan 6, 2012
I bought a wireless charging "sticker" to retrofit my v10 for wireless charging. Installation was a little finicky but totally doable. You remove the existing nfc sticker inside the back cover and replace with one that does nfc and wireless charging. Then it will change with any qi charger.

I tried using it for awhile, but I kind of hate it. You have to line it up perfectly and even then it's incredibly slow. Misalign and it gets hot but slowly discharges the battery. I never use it.

kaluna00

Mar 24, 2011
Tacoma
I bought a wireless charging "sticker" to retrofit my v10 for wireless charging. Installation was a little finicky but totally doable. You remove the existing nfc sticker inside the back cover and replace with one that does nfc and wireless charging. Then it will change with any qi charger.

I tried using it for awhile, but I kind of hate it. You have to line it up perfectly and even then it's incredibly slow. Misalign and it gets hot but slowly discharges the battery. I never use it.

I had the same experience. I tried it but it is slow and the phone gets hot. I never use it anymore.

D

Deleted member 5149701

I have a Qi replacement back, and it was awesome. But after a year it keeps turning off and my Tylt charger will blink red, wake the phone up, start charging. It'll get to 100% over night, but I don't like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am currently using: LG Wireless Charging Backcase CPR-120 für V10 schwarz, CPR-120.AGEUBK (from amazon.de) together with Samsung EP-PA510BWEGWW Wireless Charging Plate Mini - White and this is working fine. I did try a cheap backcase from e-bay but that one started falling apart (first some cracks and then pieces around crack fell off) so not bothered to try any others.