FORUMS

DAC Fix - Use the HI-FI DAC Everywhere!

164 posts
Thanks Meter: 234

Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone! I've just developed an app that should fix the issue of the DAC only being usable in some apps.

Now the ESS DAC/AMP can be used in any app on your phone, including Google Play Music, YouTube, Spotify, and probably many more that I haven't tested yet.

Here's the Play Store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.lgv10.dacfix

It can be set to automatically turn on when the phone boots up. My goal was to make this a "set it and forget it" kind of fix. All you have to do is enable it once, and it should be fixed for good. Of course, I've only just released it so it may have some bugs. But so far it's working fine on my end.

If you have any issues or it's not working correctly, feel free to tell me here! Hope it works for you guys! I'm really loving the sound quality on this phone.
The Following 85 Users Say Thank You to Phascinate For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Phascinate Ad-Free
19th December 2015, 04:02 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
doing back up now so I can try this, very exciting news if this works
Seems like it's working in Neutron amp which has been my pain point ever since buying the phone.

Thanks!

*tested with youtube and DI.fm both seem working with the DAC with the fix
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to muddysmind For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift muddysmind Ad-Free
19th December 2015, 05:09 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 416

More
wow big deal, thanks
19th December 2015, 05:17 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Tested with YouTube and XiiaLive Pro and the volume definitely changes when toggling the hifi option on and off.
19th December 2015, 05:17 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
It is working on Poweramp. Thanks.

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk
19th December 2015, 05:21 PM |#6  

More
Interesting... Can the developer tell us a little more about how this works? I really didn't think it would be as simple as an app like this making it work.
19th December 2015, 05:36 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonb1985

Interesting... Can the developer tell us a little more about how this works? I really didn't think it would be as simple as an app like this making it work.

The concept is actually quite simple! Immediately when music starts playing, it plays some completely (and I mean completely! We don't want any background noise, do we?) silent media which tricks the phone into turning the DAC on.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Phascinate For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Phascinate Ad-Free
19th December 2015, 05:41 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phascinate

The concept is actually quite simple! Immediately when music starts playing, it plays some completely (and I mean completely! We don't want any background noise, do we?) silent media which tricks the phone into turning the DAC on.

Assuming things were bit perfect to begin with, will the signal still be bit perfect?
19th December 2015, 05:45 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Assuming things were bit perfect to begin with, will the signal still be bit perfect?

In theory, it should be. Because it's set to be silent, Android should simply completely skip over the silent media. In my own testing it doesn't seem to have had any negative effect whatsoever on sound quality. Though I'd love to see the frequency output in something like Audacity if anyone wants to test it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phascinate For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Phascinate Ad-Free
19th December 2015, 05:53 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phascinate

In theory, it should be. Because it's set to be silent, Android should simply completely skip over the silent media. In my own testing it doesn't seem to have had any negarive effect whatsoever on sound quality. Though I'd love to see the frequency output in something like Audacity if anyone wants to test it.

Alrighty. Right now I'm on my lunch break at work listening with a Brainwavz HM5. Things seem good here, but I'll test tonight with my AKG Q701.

I really only use the stock music app and TIDAL which both worked without your fix, but I'll test everything out more tonight. My only concern would be a possible negative effect with apps that already worked fine, for example a silent track playing along with the regular music making things possibly no longer bit perfect, or extra battery drain for some odd reason. I'll test sound quality with my Q701 tonight and see if I notice any extra battery drain. All I can confirm at the moment is that toggling hifi on and off definitely changed the volume with apps that it didn't before.

Good work.
19th December 2015, 05:58 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Alrighty. Right now I'm on my lunch break at work listening with a Brainwavz HM5. Things seem good here, but I'll test tonight with my AKG Q701.

I really only use the stock music app and TIDAL which both worked without your fix, but I'll test everything out more tonight. My only concern would be a possible negative effect with apps that already worked fine, for example a silent track playing along with the regular music making things possibly no longer bit perfect, or extra battery drain for some odd reason. I'll test sound quality with my Q701 tonight and see if I notice any extra battery drain. All I can confirm at the moment is that toggling hifi on and off definitely changed the volume with apps that it didn't before.

Good work.

Yeah, that was my concern too. But everything seems to be working fine.

Feel free to post your results with the Q701's as soon as you test them!
The Following User Says Thank You to Phascinate For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Phascinate Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
app, dac, ess, fix, lgv10

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)