3rd October 2018, 07:23 AM |#91  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Leibnitz
Thanks Meter: 1,613

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jericho246

Wow another great ROM by SGCMarcus. I really wanted Android Pie on my V30 so I gave this Rom a try, and I'm impressed! There are only 3 minor issues I've noticed so far:
- there seems to be an issue with the brightness slider, when you move it down past 40% there's no difference in brightness.
- I suppose there's nothing that can be done about this, but Widevine level is L3 instead of L1 which means no HD Netflix unfortunately.
- some animations seem "laggy", for example when you're inside the Play Store. Doesn't bother me that much though.

But like I said I'm impressed, keep up the good work.

For brightness slider: Its not linear anymore like in Oreo and before, but logarithmic.

the Widewine stuff wants a library that doesnt even exist in stock... thats why i falls back to L3 (will ask other people about that)
not laggy for me .-.

3rd October 2018, 07:46 AM |#92  
Recognized Developer
Flag Germany
Thanks Meter: 2,734

Donate to Me
More
sure about that? it's in vendor lib, have a look at attached screenshot i already tested this a month or so ago, netflix L1 / HD works when this lib is included in ROM.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-10-03-08-43-37-01.jpeg
Views:	542
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	4610486  
3rd October 2018, 10:06 AM |#93  
Flag Sarajevo
Thanks Meter: 214

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGCMarkus

For brightness slider: Its not linear anymore like in Oreo and before, but logarithmic.

the Widewine stuff wants a library that doesnt even exist in stock... thats why i falls back to L3 (will ask other people about that)
not laggy for me .-.

Yeah I found myself constantly raising brightness because it's always too dim, but now I'm using an app for getting the auto brightness the way I like it. But what about the AOD? Is it possible to set it brighter, because currently it's literally unusable in most conditions?

Also, I've seen in you other threads that people complained about dull vibration. Now after I installed this rom, I've seen it changed a lot from stock, it's almost like the vibration on Nexus 6P, which I hated (it has kind of a metalic sound to it). It was fixed in your oreo roms, so is there a way to fix it now, or is this just normal?

Edit: just an observation, I've noticed a couple of minutes ago when I locked the phone the AOD had a much higher brightness than before. The next time I locked it, it was back to being dim. So maybe it's just bugged right now?
The Following User Says Thank You to adsubzero For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adsubzero Ad-Free
3rd October 2018, 01:39 PM |#94  
Thanks Meter: 32

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsubzero

Edit: just an observation, I've noticed a couple of minutes ago when I locked the phone the AOD had a much higher brightness than before. The next time I locked it, it was back to being dim. So maybe it's just bugged right now?

I second this. I wish I could set the brightness manually.
3rd October 2018, 05:31 PM |#95  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Leibnitz
Thanks Meter: 1,613

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seadersn

sure about that? it's in vendor lib, have a look at attached screenshot i already tested this a month or so ago, netflix L1 / HD works when this lib is included in ROM.

ehhhm, yeah, must have overlooked that at some point .-.
happens to the best
The Following User Says Thank You to SGCMarkus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd October 2018, 06:00 PM |#96  
Flag Los Osos
Thanks Meter: 1,556

Donate to Me
More
Three pictures I just took 1st is normal auto stuff 2nd is HDR and 3rd is HDR+/enhanced
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181003_095657.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	268.9 KB
ID:	4610894   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181003_095614.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	281.1 KB
ID:	4610895   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181003_095407.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	280.0 KB
ID:	4610898  
The Following User Says Thank You to Ainz_Ooal_Gown For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ainz_Ooal_Gown Ad-Free
3rd October 2018, 09:02 PM |#97  
Flag Lyon
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvramk

Yes, just installed on H930DS and restoring apps from cloud.
Both sims are identified. Installed on H930DS without any glitches.
Great job @ SGCMarcus

Hey, thank you for your feedback. Is there a way to assign a Sim to a contact? I would like to be sure when I call with my car for exemple.

Contact xx Sim A
Contact yy Sim B.

Thank you!
3rd October 2018, 10:03 PM |#98  
Flag B-town
Thanks Meter: 67

More
OK guys question I asked this in post 31 but got no answer so our sdcards are formatted exfat now are we installing the rom in twrp and before we reboot go back and pull the sdcard boot to rom set the rom up then put the sdcard back in? Because Iv'e read every post and not found the answer.
3rd October 2018, 10:15 PM |#99  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Well,I found a few bugs And I have some thoughts on these
1,The brightness will not decrease below 40%,I know when brightness above 40 it's Dc dimming only brightness below 40 it's pwm dimming I don't know if it's related to this, but I think it's very possible.
2,when ambient display is always on.i Block the proximity for a few seconds( mey be 15s?) Then screen is off.And won’t open again.I don't know if this is a bug.But this is not reasonable.by the way if brightness is below 40.When you open the screen,it will become very dark,Until you turn the brightness above 40.
In addition,Can you add a double-click status bar to close the screen?This is very handy when you put your phone on the desktop.
My English is so bad ,hope you can understand what I mean.Thank you very much for your contribution.
The Following User Says Thank You to Demine4 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Demine4 Ad-Free
4th October 2018, 05:11 PM |#100  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cle_m_ent

Hey, thank you for your feedback. Is there a way to assign a Sim to a contact? I would like to be sure when I call with my car for exemple.

Contact xx Sim A
Contact yy Sim B.

Thank you!

Nope. I don't think so. "ALL" calls are routed through a default sim of your choice. I maybe wrong since I use the second sim only for data and not for calls.
5th October 2018, 04:39 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 268

More
Which gapps do you guys use?
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread