[ROM][9.0.0]Dirty Unicorns[Joan][Unofficial]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dicho

Apr 3, 2010
Hello, i new here,i have an h931 with us99820d, i instal the rom but it stok on the android screen. ,can i solved it ? Sorry for my English.

Enviado desde mi LG-US998 mediante Tapatalk

papoose515

Nov 16, 2013
OnePlus 7 Pro
OK here is a suggesting put the rom, gapps, and magisk on your internal take your SD card OUT then you should be able to instill the rom it happened to me I tried all different ways to install the rom finely had to take the card out rom installed fine had to go buy another card I put the card in let the rom format it all is fine now So you might have to do the same thing it's just a suggesting.

tired your way still the same way

alexeei

Jul 2, 2008
Mini review, after some time of using this firmware. As others say, it's very battery friendly (have 8h sot, on 8 Android 7 hours max), very smooth and look fresh. HiFi works with Onkyo player. But have some errors, after some time of using(12 hours-1 day of using) vibrate become strange-as it vibrating with some sound 'shh' but sound not enabled, restoring after reboot. No deep sleep. AoD picture not moving on the screen as it was on stock, so I turn it off for prevent burn-in, but screen on correctly when notification received, better then on stock. One time phone freeze and not turn on, need to do hard reboot. Can't use wide angle camera, it will be good to port LG stock camera. So I use it as daily driver, but wait for new builds =) Big thanks for author!

Reactions: deronw

Snip3rPolska

Mini review, after some time of using this firmware. As others say, it's very battery friendly (have 8h sot, on 8 Android 7 hours max), very smooth and look fresh. HiFi works with Onkyo player. But have some errors, after some time of using(12 hours-1 day of using) vibrate become strange-as it vibrating with some sound 'shh' but sound not enabled, restoring after reboot. No deep sleep. AoD picture not moving on the screen as it was on stock, so I turn it off for prevent burn-in, but screen on correctly when notification received, better then on stock. One time phone freeze and not turn on, need to do hard reboot. Can't use wide angle camera, it will be good to port LG stock camera. So I use it as daily driver, but wait for new builds =) Big thanks for author!

Similar here with vibrations.. also I feels like sound is not loud enough.. I can hear the difference between stock LG rom and this.. ROM is good smooth and no without lags :) Just wait for update :good::):)

Reactions: deronw

SGCMarkus

Recognized Developer
Jan 10, 2011
HTC Desire HD
OnePlus 2

the DAC should work with any app, just go to settings -> sound -> Quad DAC (even though i found 1 app so far, which didnt like it, and i had to disable the DAC, otherwise i had no sound lol)
Vibration becoming dull is known, the fix that worked once doesnt anymore... and it becomes dull after a certain amount of vibrations, not after a certain time.
i know the cores barely go into deepsleep... but i think (havent used it in months) the same was on stock, so ... everything ok i guess.
The burn-in protection flag is enabled in the overlay, so the AoD should move. But AOSP burn in protections means it moves every now and then just a few pixels, so you wont really notice it moving at all.
Porting stock LG Cam is most likely nearly impossible, it depends on way too much other framework/resources.

PS: There wont be updates for a while, until there will be official DU Pie released. They dont want public builds flying around.
So I will most likely take the downloads and and let a mod hibernate the thread until DU Pie actually gets released. Sorry about that.

SGCMarkus

Recognized Developer
Jan 10, 2011
HTC Desire HD
OnePlus 2
???any help?

Enviado desde mi LG-US998 mediante Tapatalk

Theres only 1 reported case of a H933 that managed to boot this somehow.
All other H931/H933 will bootloop. The cause is to this point still unknown, even though there are a few guesses out there...

And no, just because youre converted to a US998, and running its ROM/Firmware doesnt mean you actually have the phone, there are a few slight differences, otherwise there wouldnt be such issues.

Reactions: karendar and dicho

alexeei

Jul 2, 2008
the DAC should work with any app, just go to settings -> sound -> Quad DAC (even though i found 1 app so far, which didnt like it, and i had to disable the DAC, otherwise i had no sound lol)
Vibration becoming dull is known, the fix that worked once doesnt anymore... and it becomes dull after a certain amount of vibrations, not after a certain time.
i know the cores barely go into deepsleep... but i think (havent used it in months) the same was on stock, so ... everything ok i guess.
The burn-in protection flag is enabled in the overlay, so the AoD should move. But AOSP burn in protections means it moves every now and then just a few pixels, so you wont really notice it moving at all.
Porting stock LG Cam is most likely nearly impossible, it depends on way too much other framework/resources.

PS: There wont be updates for a while, until there will be official DU Pie released. They dont want public builds flying around.
So I will most likely take the downloads and and let a mod hibernate the thread until DU Pie actually gets released. Sorry about that.

OK, will use this build and waiting final Pie) But is there working camera with wide-angle, for you GCam working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    maxresdefault-1-1.jpg

Code:
    #include "std_disclaimer.h"
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Keep in mind, this ROM, and all Pie ROMs in general, are still under construction, it will take a while till all features you might know and love from Oreo are ported over to Pie.

What's working :
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Video Recording
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • GPS

What's not working :
    • DAC(Works in USB AUdio Player Pro and Onkyo)
    • Selinux is permissive
    • Exfat (when enabled makes system slow down, and eventually crash)

Where are the features?
    • As every other Pie ROM its still in early development, features will appear with time.

Instructions :
    • Download the build
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Reboot

Downloads :
    Downloads removed temporarily (see last post in here)

Sources:
    Device Tree: h930 + joan-common
    Kernel: msm8998
    Vendor: lge

XDA:DevDB Information
    Dirty Unicorns Pie for LG V30, ROM for the LG V30

Contributors
    SGCMarkus, me2151
    Source Code: https://github.com/DirtyUnicorns

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Oreo

Version Information

Created 2018-09-30
    Last Updated 2018-09-30
    Because the Dirty Unicorn team doesnt want any public builds for now, until they release their first version officially, im gonna hibernate the build.
    Everyone can still build their own, but I wont share mine here for now.

Dont worry, this will be back as soon as the first DU Pie builds go public :)

Thanks for your understanding!
    Got a little present for you :)

Release 06.10.2018
    - Updated Sources
    - Added QuadDAC Control Panel (Settings -> Sound -> Quad DAC at the very bottom) + Quick Settings Tile
    - Widewine should be L1 now
    - Brightness settings are now aligned with stock -> should fick AoD Blackscreen bug
    - Support for the H930D (not to confuse with the H930DS, both are dual sim)
    - Seperate download link for the H932 (thanks to @me2151 )

The H932 build is named 20181007, and not 06 btw (time it started to compile differs, but source is the same)

If you find any bugs/issues regarding the Quad DAC Panel, dont bother reporting them when you didnt do a CLEAN FLASH (which i recommend now anyway) and also provide logs :)
    A little preview for what im currently working on (wont have much freetime now anymore as university started again, so it might take a while to finish)

And yes, that little switch works, rest of the stock functionality is in the works
    please port pixel experience rom too. It's the best rom right now!

As much as I want other roms just like you do, lets let Markus do his thing he has ported way more than enough ROMs himself.

For Pie i wont be porting over as many ROMs anymore as I did for Oreo. For Oreo I only ported that many because I was the only dev who activly made AOSP/LOS based ROMs, but with Pie thats not the case anymore. I will limit myself to 2 or MAYBE 3... and for now those are LOS16.0 (WIP), and DU.
    Got todo a lot of stuff for university too, 2-3 times lab a week (each 2.5 - 4h MINIMUM), which all need a lab report, a few classes that require me todo homework... And cant be productive on my train rides from/to university either :p