This Rom is 100% Stock. Most recent TWRP should first be installed. Then you can install this Rom and have Oreo with working TWRP.
This zip is created from the original KDZ. It contains almost the complete 20k firmware, but the partition table rewriting part and recovery image is removed. I changed the system.img, so you do not have to reinstall TWRP (recovery-from-boot.p deleted) when ROM once booted. I also changed the partition size of system.img, so the vendorized people can install this too without having problems because of a too small system partition. This is a continuation of westwood24's idea and work, I've updated it to the newest fw version and edited / advanced it a bit. I followed his idea and made this for users who can not take OTA's because they have Custom Recovery / Root installed.
Thanks to @gimpy1 and @nnjimmy59 for testing this zip! And to @ChazzMatt for searching testers
- Stock build made from official KDZ
- Stock Build.prop(slightly modified to add dts and locksreen weather and custom EQ)
- Added latest 7.0.14 com.lge.equalizer apk for equalizer in sound settings
- system.img modified to keep TWRP
- System image size shrunk for being able to flash this on a smaller system partition, mainly caused by vendorizing
- Removed dm-verity
- Removed rctd (LG's root checker tool daemon)
- Enabled opt-encrypt, it's your choice now if you want to encrypt your phone, it's no more forced. TWRP now is capable of decryption (both AOSP and stock) since a few versions
- Added DTS enabler prop and all lockscreen weather prop to stock build.prop and custom EQ prop
What you need [B]
- Unlocked Bootloader [How to do]
- Working TWRP installed (should be installed already, otherwise you wouldn't need this zip )[Link to newest unofficial TWRP]
- When you need Root, Latest Magisk [Download]
- john-fawkes.com VS99620K.zip [Click to Download]
- AFH ZIPS [Download]
How to install
When you are still on Nougat,
you should start fresh: Reboot to recovery using button combo or reboot app (needs root; btw, Magisk offers this possibility too: Menu -> Modules -> three dot menu top right - Reboot to recovery)
Then flash this TWRP.img via image flashing function in TWRP, reboot to recovery again (for fully working new recovery) and do a backup, then copy this backup to your PC.
Then initiate a factory reset. Wipe your system partition too in TWRP advanced wiping menu, copy the 20k firmware zip to your SD and install it. Reboot and enjoy
For clean install: Factory reset and wipe system
You can also keep your data by simply dirty flashing the zip. *Be aware that problems may occur, maybe you need to do a factory reset to start fresh*
Flash the 20k zip, then Magisk zip when you need root, then reboot to System = you're DONE
P.S.: could be, that you first need to boot up your fresh install and set it up before you can flash magisk.
If TWRP asks if you want to install SU, hit no (in newest TWRP SU is disabled, and the option to install the TWRP app is disabled too.)
Android Version: 8.0 Oreo
Android security patch level: 2019-5-1
Don´t forget to hit the thanks-button if you like this zip!
If you want to help me with a donation please click here to help out [Please Click Here]