FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM/FW][STOCK]LG V30 (Joan) Verizon VS996 20K TWRP flashable firmware (incl. ROM)

579 posts
Thanks Meter: 848

By JohnFawkes, Senior Member on 11th November 2018, 07:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th January 2019, 02:26 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Thanks for the reccomendatios. I've never used the Magisk Uninstaller. Should I flash it before I wipe and flash the VS rom?

5th January 2019, 01:36 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
What I do is
- wipe system and data partitions
- flash new rom
- flash magisk uninstaller
- then flash magisk
- reboot, and be patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac62

Thanks for the reccomendatios. I've never used the Magisk Uninstaller. Should I flash it before I wipe and flash the VS rom?

The Following User Says Thank You to cmrntnnr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cmrntnnr Ad-Free
5th January 2019, 11:05 PM |#103  

More
Excellent, thanks. I'll give this a shot tomorrow.
7th January 2019, 02:39 AM |#104  

More
Worked a treat. Up and running with no problems. I use encryption and I think my initial problem was a result of that. This time I:

Factory reset and Formatted data
Rebooted to Recovery
Deleted System
Flashed zip, Magisk Uninstaller, Magisk Installer

Thanks again.
7th January 2019, 06:34 PM |#105  
Flag Guilderland, NY
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Low volume?
Anyone experiencing very low (dB) max volume and almost no change in the lower end of the setting range?
I just came back from US998_20e and didn't have this issue on that build.

Just talking speaker. I haven't tried headphone jack.

US998 V30+
7th January 2019, 10:49 PM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by canestfr

I dirty flashed 20g over 20f and it worked fine for me. Dirty flashed, booted system, rebooted recovery with ADB, flashed Magisk, booted system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnjimmy59

I dirty flashed 20g, reflashed Magisk, cleared cache and dalvik cache, and rebooted into system. Everything is working great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerCompLLC

Yup, no issues!

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Thank you. Finally did it and can say the same with no problems. I know whenever we may get Pie that that should be a clean install.

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Anyone notice how the photo file name format is different for VS996 than US998? I'm anal about file name formats. I will run a batch file rename tool to make photos from old phones match my current one before uploading to my phone (never going to use the cloud). The US998 one makes sense as YYYYMMDD_hhmmss. This Verizon one is stupid since it's MMDD###### where I have no idea the convention of the last 6 digits and really dumb not including the year. For me, the first two digits are always "19" despite the time of day taken. Anyone know of any possible setting file to edit to change it back? Else, would I need to overwrite the VS996 camera app with the US998 one? That would probably break SafetyNet by changing a System app though
19th January 2019, 08:44 PM |#107  
Flag Somewhere in Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 171

More
Finally got around to doing this on our phones last week. Dirty flashed and all is well.

As others did, I repeated their process:
- flash new rom
- flash magisk uninstaller
- then flash magisk 18
- wipe cache/dalvik
- reboot system
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to schwinn8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift schwinn8 Ad-Free
20th January 2019, 05:26 AM |#108  
Flag Guilderland, NY
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Security update 9
Running this rom on my US998 V30+ on Verizon and apparently LG is sending Security Update 9. At first I thought it was an upgrade to Androind 9.0, but it is only 250.3MB.
The upgrade fails (due to being rooted,) with error code 410.
Anybody got a quick link to what updater .apk's need to be frozen to prevent this?
And where the update download gets saved?

Thanks,
The Following User Says Thank You to dvgb173 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dvgb173 Ad-Free
20th January 2019, 07:57 PM |#109  

More
I froze two apps with Titanium Backup. Notice went away, and have not seen any ill effects. They were:

System updates 1_17_02_0; and
System updates 1_15_10_0.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mac62 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mac62 Ad-Free
21st January 2019, 10:43 PM |#110  
Flag Somewhere in Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 171

More
Apparently we are getting an "H" version now: https://www.droid-life.com/2019/01/2...ecurity-patch/

I don't know where these are saved. If you use FX explorer, it has a mode to search the device for the largest files... you could use that to find where it's stored?
22nd January 2019, 03:41 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 1,199

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwinn8

Apparently we are getting an "H" version now: https://www.droid-life.com/2019/01/2...ecurity-patch/

I don't know where these are saved. If you use FX explorer, it has a mode to search the device for the largest files... you could use that to find where it's stored?

The kdz will probably be posted to https://lg-firmwares.com/lg-vs996-fi...#tab=firmwares in due time. Kdz's/full roms are generally better than OTA's. You could compare it to clean and dirty flashing, if that makes sense.
The Following User Says Thank You to TotallyAnxious For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TotallyAnxious Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)