FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM/FW][STOCK]LG V30 (Joan) Verizon VS996 20K TWRP flashable firmware (incl. ROM)

580 posts
Thanks Meter: 851

By JohnFawkes, Senior Member on 11th November 2018, 07:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st June 2019, 04:18 AM |#261  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 10,860

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanquybn

Thank you so much for your answer. My phone is LG V30, VS996 and it is running Android 7.1.2, I am not Verizon customer, I am using this from outside of US and I am a newbie, Would you please teach me how to start?
Thank you so much!

This is how to install Oreo US998 on the VS996:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=168

21st June 2019, 02:05 PM |#262  
Flag Somewhere in Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 178

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac62

That or just make sure you are flashing an equal or greater Magisk version.

Yup, that worked on my wife's phone. Updated her to Magisk 19.3 from the app, then TWRP installed 20K, then TWRP installed Magisk 19.3, cleared cache/dalvik, and everything seems fine...
21st June 2019, 03:46 PM |#263  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I am from Vietnam, My VS996 got low signal with VS996, US998. So I try with H933 then my phone get full signal with this. However it lost 3G/4G, would you please help me some advise?
28th June 2019, 01:26 PM |#264  
Flag New Albany, IN
Thanks Meter: 1,583

More
Quote:

I am from Vietnam, My VS996 got low signal with VS996, US998. So I try with H933 then my phone get full signal with this. However it lost 3G/4G, would you please help me some advise?

Cross flashing models in stock roms will do that. No way to fix
28th June 2019, 05:28 PM |#265  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

With North American variants which can cross flash, you get different bands with different variant firmware.
9th July 2019, 12:23 AM |#266  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Know we have to wait a few days but just saw this...

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/lg-v30-update/
LG V30 Software Update
Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a software update for your device. This software update has been tested to help optimize device performance, resolve known issues and apply the latest security patches.

System Update 13

The details:
Release date: 07/05/2019
Androidâ„¢ Security Patch Level: June 1, 2019
Software Version: VS99620l (That's a lowercase L not uppercase i, which makes sense given the previous version was a K.)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drewcu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift drewcu Ad-Free
9th July 2019, 12:37 AM |#267  
Thanks Meter: 1,216

Donate to Me
More
As always the quickest way is if we all use this site https://lg-firmware-rom.com/, if it is a staged rollout via IMEI.
The Following User Says Thank You to TotallyAnxious For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TotallyAnxious Ad-Free
9th July 2019, 12:44 AM |#268  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcu

Know we have to wait a few days but just saw this...

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/lg-v30-update/
LG V30 Software Update
Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a software update for your device. This software update has been tested to help optimize device performance, resolve known issues and apply the latest security patches.

System Update 13

The details:
Release date: 07/05/2019
Androidâ„¢ Security Patch Level: June 1, 2019
Software Version: VS99620l (That's a lowercase L not uppercase i, which makes sense given the previous version was a K.)

So, Verizon VS996 gets at least one more Oreo update before Pie.

This gives LG/Verizon three more months, IF they need it.
9th July 2019, 02:57 AM |#269  

More
Hey I flashed this firmware from US996 (Originally was verizon and forgot I frankensteined to US996) and now I am unable to access twrp/fastboot/download mode, any advice on how I can revert back? LGUP doesn't work, it just restarts the phone.
9th July 2019, 03:04 AM |#270  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnavor

Hey I flashed this firmware from US996 (Originally was verizon and forgot I frankensteined to US996) and now I am unable to access twrp/fastboot/download mode, any advice on how I can revert back? LGUP doesn't work, it just restarts the phone.

I think you mean US998. Hope you didn't flash it from US996 (LG V20).

Yes, flashing this VS996 firmware will deprive you of fastboot, as of the North American phones only US998 has fastboot flash commands. This is why you had to Frankenstein to US998 in the first place to unlock bootloader, install TWRP and root. US998 has fastboot flash commands.

However, by flashing this VS996 TWRP-flashable zip file, you could not have lost TWRP. You flashed it with TWRP!

Also, download mode should be there, also.

Did you follow the instruction and re-flash Magisk before rebooting?

If you re-flashed Magisk, then just reboot to recovery using either the Advanced Power Menu app I strongly recommended in WTF or the Reboot Recovery app I previously strongly recommended in WTF. (Recommended in the instructions; that post just explains them more.)

If you didn't download and install either, you can still do that -- as long as you have root.

If you didn't re-flash Magisk and you don't have root.... Then manually go into download mode like described in the Frankenstein instructions and flash back to US998 via LGUP to get your fastboot flash commands back. Then you can reinstall TWRP and re-root your phone.
9th July 2019, 04:44 AM |#271  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazzMatt

I think you mean US998. Hope you didn't flash it from US996 (LG V20).

Yes, flashing this VS996 firmware will deprive you of fastboot, as of the North American phones only US998 has fastboot flash commands. This is why you had to Frankenstein to US998 in the first place to unlock bootloader, install TWRP and root. US998 has fastboot flash commands.

However, by flashing this VS996 TWRP-flashable zip file, you could not have lost TWRP. You flashed it with TWRP!

Also, download mode should be there, also.

Did you follow the instruction and re-flash Magisk before rebooting?

If you re-flashed Magisk, then just reboot to recovery using either the Advanced Power Menu app I strongly recommended in WTF or the Reboot Recovery app I previously strongly recommended in WTF. (Recommended in the instructions; that post just explains them more.)

If you didn't download and install either, you can still do that -- as long as you have root.

If you didn't re-flash Magisk and you don't have root.... Then manually go into download mode like described in the Frankenstein instructions and flash back to US998 via LGUP to get your fastboot flash commands back. Then you can reinstall TWRP and re-root your phone.

Thanks for the swift reply, when I put the phone in download mode it just reboots to the os after a couple of seconds. Ive tried restarting my computer and phone, reinstalling drivers, switching ports and cables but no luck, I might just stick without root for now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)