FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM/FW] [STOCK] US99820H TWRP Zip

574 posts
Thanks Meter: 830

By JohnFawkes, Senior Member on 17th November 2018, 07:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Stock Oreo US998 20H flashable TWRP zip. Original zip created by westwood24.

COMPATIBILITY
This zip is compatible with ls998, us998, and should be compatible with vs996 but im not 100% sure about that. But if someone confirm vs996 compatibility that would be great Its been tested and vs996 is compatible as well

This zip is created from the original KDZ. It contains almost the complete 20H firmware, but the partition table rewriting part and recovery image (beside five to eight other images) is removed. I changed the system.img, so you do not have to reinstall TWRP (recovery-from-boot.p deleted) when ROM once booted. I also changed the partition size of system.img, so the vendorized people can install this too without having problems because of a too small system partition.

FEATURES
  • Stock build made from official KDZ
  • Unrooted
  • System.img modified to keep TWRP
  • Resized system.img (for Treble users)
  • Removed dm-verity
  • Removed rctd (LG's root checker tool daemon)
  • Removed ForceEncryption
  • Added DTS prop to enable DTS
  • Added all weather lockscreen prop to enable other weather

INSTALLATION
HOW TO INSTALL
When you are still on Nougat
you should start fresh: Reboot to recovery using button combo or reboot app (needs root; btw, Magisk offers this possibility too: Modules Menu then click three dot menu top right - Reboot to recovery
Then flash [this latest TWRP.img] via image flashing function in TWRP, reboot to recovery again (for fully working new recovery) and do a backup, then copy this backup to your PC.
Then initiate a factory reset. Wipe your system partition too in TWRP advanced wiping menu, copy the 20H firmware zip to your SD and install it. Reboot and enjoy
From Oreo
For clean install: Factory reset and wipe system
You can also keep your data by simply dirty flashing the zip.

*Be aware that problems may occur, maybe you need to do a factory reset to start fresh*

Flash the 20H zip, then Magisk zip when you need root, then reboot to System = you're DONE
If the first time you boot to system, it could be TWRP says No OS installed. You can ignore it.
If TWRP asks if you want to install SU, hit no (in newest TWRP SU is disabled, and the option to install the TWRP app is disabled too.)

Rom Version: 8.0 Oreo
Android security patch level: 2019-3-1

Just give a thanks if you like the zip!
You want to help me with a [donation?] Not asking for it, I have fun doing this for you, but feel free...
The Following 43 Users Say Thank You to JohnFawkes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JohnFawkes Ad-Free

17th November 2018, 07:51 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
RESERVED

I'm applying for dev status on afh. This will make it easier to download the zips in the future since gdrive adds it to the gdrive of the user downloading and then has to download it again from their drive. Makes no sense google
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JohnFawkes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JohnFawkes Ad-Free
18th November 2018, 02:05 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
THE LINK IS ACTIVE NOW!!!!!!

sorry about that guys. forgot to allow access to everyone
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JohnFawkes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JohnFawkes Ad-Free
18th November 2018, 02:51 AM |#4  
Flag Bronx, NY
Thanks Meter: 321

More
This is actually enraging me. Can someone please tell me where the XDA app puts downloads?
18th November 2018, 03:03 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsubway

This is actually enraging me. Can someone please tell me where the XDA app puts downloads?

should put it in internal storage /Downloads
18th November 2018, 03:08 AM |#6  
Flag Bronx, NY

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFawkes

should put it in internal storage /Downloads

Have no clue where it went. Downloaded via browser and it flashed fine! Great job man! Thank you!!
18th November 2018, 03:09 AM |#7  
Flag Bronx, NY

More
😍
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-11-17-22-08-57.png
Views:	1316
Size:	234.6 KB
ID:	4645615  
18th November 2018, 03:11 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Have no clue where it went. Downloaded via browser and it flashed fine! Great job man! Thank you!!

no problem! enjoy! i will be taking over all us998 kdz2zip and vs996 kdz2zip releases. and @seadersn will take care of canada, india and EU. hopefully us998 20F will be here soon
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JohnFawkes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JohnFawkes Ad-Free
18th November 2018, 05:04 AM |#9  
Flag Bronx, NY

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFawkes

no problem! enjoy! i will be taking over all us998 kdz2zip and vs996 kdz2zip releases. and @seadersn will take care of canada, india and EU. hopefully us998 20F will be here soon

Man I wish they'd push a stock 8.1.
18th November 2018, 05:35 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
MD5: 3FB2D258B37DBFC5195EBD207BBB9765
SHA-1: B72795AAEDAD661004030137F712E2FBEE65EC92

For reference to compare your download.
18th November 2018, 09:42 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Man I wish they'd push a stock 8.1.

Would be nice. When i was on htc 10 it was the same way. We got Oreo 8.0 but never got 8.1. However the lg g7 one just got pie update so we may get stock pie soon hopefully
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnFawkes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JohnFawkes Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)