[ROM][10.0.0]LineageOS-17.1[Joan][Unofficial]

Search This thread

SGCMarkus

Recognized Developer
Jan 10, 2011
HTC Desire HD
OnePlus 2
Lineage-OS-Feature-Image-Background-Colour.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Code:
#include "std_disclaimer.h"
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

What's working (LOS16.0):
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Fingerprint
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • Video Recording
  • Video Playback
  • Audio
  • Sensors
  • Flash
  • GPS
  • DAC
  • Vibration
  • Wifi Hotspot without password
    [+] USB Tethering

What's not working (LOS16.0):
  • Hotspot with password/WPA2
  • Wifidisplay is borked

About LineageOS 17.0 and what you need to consider:
Read this post: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=80271901&postcount=1580

Where are the features?
  • LineageOS is in development process so don't complain about xyz features missing.

Instructions:
  • Download the build
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build
  • Reboot

V30 Telegram group chat

Downloads:
H930: LineageOS 17.1

16.0:
LineageOS 16.0 AFH
H930 GDrive Mirror and H932 GDrive Mirror

15.1:
Here

H932 Release here, Mirror

Sources:
Device Tree: h930 + joan-common
Kernel: msm8998
Vendor: lge
lineage-16.0/17.0 branch

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the LG V30

Contributors
SGCMarkus, rashed97
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/

ROM OS Version: 10.x Q
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Pie firmware

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 1
Beta Release Date: 2018-05-13

Created 2018-05-13
Last Updated 2019-09-19

Last edited:

SGCMarkus

Recognized Developer
Jan 10, 2011
HTC Desire HD
OnePlus 2
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Changelogs

Release 13.05.2018
- Initial release

Release 16.05.2018
- Fixed boot (temporarily disabled sdcardfs)

Release 18.05.2018
-enabled sdcardfs again (fixed, took the OP5(T) driver, not the broken LG one)
-reduces system image size by around 10MB, so our friends who repartitioned have a bit more room for that

Release 21.05.2018
-updated to latest LineageOS sources
-enabled burnin protection in overlays
-re-enabled exfat driver in the kernel (may cause issues for some sdcards, may need to reformat them, as they could "load" forever and make the system crash eventually)
-cherry-picked https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_frameworks_base/+/210106 (should fix acccess to wide angle camera on apps that support it)

Release 01.06.2018
- Updated Autobrightness from Taimen (Pixel 2 XL), as it has the same panel
- Enabled the AoD option (you might have to unlock the phone twice or so though, LOS source is currently broken, nothing i can do)
- Updated to latest LOS sources
- Nuked lge/common and moved gestures into our tree

Release 08.06.2018
- Source updates
- fixed AOD
- Added back sysnode (camera stuff)
- thermal/lights HAL are now bindarized
- setting right model name on boot (zip is still called h930 though)

Release 01.07.2018
- Source updates

Release 19.07.2018
- Source updated
- Fixed vibrator
- Updated vendor files to H930V20R
- Allowed access to Snap, SnapCam and Gcam Wide angle mod by default

Release 30.08.2018
- Updated sources
- Updated blobs to 21a

Release 27.09.2018
- Updated sources
- New init system for model detection (old one used ro.boot.suffix which not every V30 had for some reason)
- Some love for the H930DS, it finally works now
- Baseband is shown correctly now
- Includes a release for the H932, will be a seperate link, check download section (This build is done by @me2151 and will not be maintained, but is up-to-date with the H930 currently)
Release 06.12.2018
- Update to LineageOS 16 (synced on 6. december, still has november security patch)
- H930D/DS works
- H932 build is also there, seperate download
- Vibration uses our own service now (no LG dependency), can sometimes, for 1 certain type of vibration be a bit weird, but works fine otherwise
- QuadDAC can be turned on/off (Settings -> Sound -> Hi-Fi Quad DAC), also Volume Balance works, the filters/equalizers dont
- GCam records audio just fine
- Reworked some media profiles (higher bitrates, should be able to record 720p240 and 1080p120, the new gcams kinda override that though and end up recording stuttering 1080p240...)
- Cleanup of a few nonworking proprietary files
- Updated proprietary files to H930V21o (November security patch)

Release 08.12.2018
- Sources updated for december security patch

Release 09.01.2019
- Sources updated for january security patch
- Updated brightness scaling (rom side + kernel side patches)
- Raised default brightness of the AOD
- Enabled Pocketmode (disabled Fingerprint sensor when phone screen is turned off and the proximity sensor is covered)
- SELinux is enforcing (if you encounter any issues, let me know, WITH logs only though)
- I hope i didnt forget anything

Release 13.02.2019
- Updated Sources (Feb. security patch and more)
- FM Radio (may not work on all models, like V300)
- EAS Power HAL + Kernel
- DRM fixed with SELinux enforcing
- DP/HDMI out works now properly
- maybe other stuff i forgot

Release 08.04.2019
- Updated sources (april security patch, los changes)
- Updated vendor files (h930 21w)
- 24 bit audio support
- Lots of DAC stuff
- Back to HMP for better battery life
- Speaker is a bit louder
- Other things i forgot

Release 22.04.2019
- Updated sources
- Added more perf/iop blobs
- Added color service (Settings -> Display -> LiveDisplay -> Color calibration)
- You can use Wifi AND Hotspot now at the same time
- AOD has now a few more options and is now via a little hax more reliable
- Stuff i might have forgotten

Release 10.06.2019
- Updates LOS Sources (June Security Patch, and some other features)
- Volume Panel can now be moved (Settings -> System -> Buttons -> Show Panel on Left)
- Touchscreen Gestures: 4 Swipe directions while touchscreen is off (Settings -> System -> Gestures -> Touchscreen Gestures)
-- This is partly ROM and partly Kernel patch
- Reverted camera blobs to pre 21w patch for more functionality (ISO couldnt be raised as high anymore what ive been told)
- Few other things here and there i might have forgotten

Changelog 19.09.19
- Updated to LOS 17
- Used H930DS 30b blobs (september security patch)
- Kernel sources at 4.4.153 (H930DS 30e), and CAF at LA.UM.7.4.r1-5400

Changelog 05.02.20
- Updated to LOS 17.1
-- february security patch
- H930 v30q blobs
- Video playback issues should be resolved
- Added sdfat driver in the kernel for exfat support
- Hotspot works with no Password set (working on this...)
- Updated Graphics and Wifidisplay stack from LA.UM.8.2.r1-04300-sdm660.0 (same drivers as msm8998...)
-- Wifidisplay is still a bit ****ed though
- Encryption should work (but TWRP for pie encryption doesnt support it)
- Camera for december and later security patch has been fixed
- Added missing NFC configs thanks to @ShapeShifter499
- More i might have forgotten...

Last edited:

SGCMarkus

Recognized Developer
Jan 10, 2011
HTC Desire HD
OnePlus 2
Frequently Asked Questions:

Q. Can this ROM be flashed through TWRP?
A. Yes, proceed with the latest TWRP image

Q. Sounds good. How can I contribute to project?
A. Test the build as much as you can and report bugs which can be reproduced with exact steps and are not random.

Q. How to disable "Apps running in background" dialog?
A. When you see the dialog, long press on it and select "Settings". From there, you'll have a toggle to disable it.

Q. Which Models are supported?
A. So far it works well on the H930(G/D/DS), US998, VS996 and LS998. H932 works too, use the .zip for that model. Other devices may bootloop.

Q. Help, my H931/H933 is bootlooping!
A1. For H931 please go to https://xdaforums.com/lg-v30/how-to/running-h930-aosp-rom-us998-converted-t3889320
A2. For H933 please go to https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=78183349&postcount=2

Q. USB Tethering isnt working!!!!
A. Make sure you have the correct drivers installed.
Try this: open device manager:
find the RNDIS (thats what it was called for me), or some other device similar to that name, with a probably yellow !

right click: uninstall drivers (and tick delete drivers)
restart usb tethering
then you have an "unknown device", right click
install driver
search on pc
select from list
search for LG Electronics as manufacturer
and then on right side select "LGE AndroidNet Remote NDIS Device"

Last edited:

SGCMarkus

Recognized Developer
Jan 10, 2011
HTC Desire HD
OnePlus 2
Finally.. my fav lineage os is here.. awesome.. hope it gets continuous support..
Thanks!

I plan to :)
(And I hope some more people/devs become interested in this device now.... fixing/trying to fix stuff nearly alone after rashed did the first device bringup.... And im no pro myself either, idk what causes the boot issues o_O)

SGCMarkus

Recognized Developer
Jan 10, 2011
HTC Desire HD
OnePlus 2
For exfat why don't try Samsung open source module https://github.com/bkuhn/exfat
Work on LG V20 D.O.T.S custom kernel, realy nice.

Thanks, will try that one. Already had it working once, then took it out again to just check if it was causing issues or not, and then imported it again, and suddenly its causing a weird behaviour o_O
Setupwizard takes ages to load, its checking the sdcard forever, Launcher takes ages to load too, and after a few minutes the system crashes... Same happens with the sdfat driver lol
On stock and TWRP it works fine though (TWRP uses the same driver as i tried btw...).

Reactions: cityneversleepz

dhbiker

Jan 15, 2011
Nice ! Good job as always

I will flash it next week as i still need my V30 urgently working for now... but anyways thanks in advance

Klimos

Nov 27, 2016
Camera

Literally the 1 thing stopping me from installing this right now is the camera. Gcamera is great but doesn't support 4k video on this device nor does it support laser focus or duel lenses (although the ported version of gcamera have a separate app for each camera). Please can you port the LG Camera over. Also does the QuadDAC work on this?

Reactions: eep1

eep1

May 26, 2007
McAllen
Literally the 1 thing stopping me from installing this right now is the camera. Gcamera is great but doesn't support 4k video on this device nor does it support laser focus or duel lenses (although the ported version of gcamera have a separate app for each camera). Please can you port the LG Camera over. Also does the QuadDAC work on this?

That is the reason I never used other roms on my G5.

Reactions: cuba432

FcBayernMinga

Feb 3, 2014
LA
Hi Markus, Danke for your great work and astonishing results here!
Regarding the camera: I remember some guys where extracting the official LG Cam from the Korean Oreo update a few weeks ago...

Is there any chance we could get the LG camera working on LineageOS ?

SGCMarkus

Recognized Developer
Jan 10, 2011
HTC Desire HD
OnePlus 2
Hi, is fm radio working with this rom?

tbh, i think i havent tested this yet. I focused more on finding out what the **** causes the bootissues.... (trying to figure that out since easter...)
Thats like searching a needle in a haystack (as the logs dont contain anything helpfull when it happens... and no ramoops either ;-; )

Hi Markus, Danke for your great work and astonishing results here!
Regarding the camera: I remember some guys where extracting the official LG Cam from the Korean Oreo update a few weeks ago...

Is there any chance we could get the LG camera working on LineageOS ?

Ehhm... Depends on how much the LG Cam depends of the LG Framework? But i suppose thats a lot, would be really really difficult (involving lots of reverse engineering then probably) and would take ages. Doubt LG wants to make our lives easy lol

Reactions: cuba432

SGCMarkus

Recognized Developer
Jan 10, 2011
HTC Desire HD
OnePlus 2
So... Just got a report from my tester.

10 consecutive (re)boots without a problem. Will release a version soon with this fixed :)
Had to disable sdcardfs (ro.sys.sdcardfs=0). Maybe i can find a commit somewhere that fixes whatever LG ****ed up there (I suppose their stock framework/kernel source has a modified version, that doesnt work well with AOSP based ROMs...)

Edit: uploading non-treble build now :)

Thanks to @phhusson for leading me to the fix :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lineage-OS-Feature-Image-Background-Colour.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Code:
    #include "std_disclaimer.h"
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

What's working (LOS16.0):
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Video Recording
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • GPS
    • DAC
    • Vibration
    • Wifi Hotspot without password
      [+] USB Tethering

What's not working (LOS16.0):
    • Hotspot with password/WPA2
    • Wifidisplay is borked

About LineageOS 17.0 and what you need to consider:
    Read this post: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=80271901&postcount=1580

Where are the features?
    • LineageOS is in development process so don't complain about xyz features missing.

Instructions:
    • Download the build
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Reboot

V30 Telegram group chat

Downloads:
    H930: LineageOS 17.1

16.0:
    LineageOS 16.0 AFH
    H930 GDrive Mirror and H932 GDrive Mirror

15.1:
    Here

H932 Release here, Mirror

Sources:
    Device Tree: h930 + joan-common
    Kernel: msm8998
    Vendor: lge
    lineage-16.0/17.0 branch

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the LG V30

Contributors
    SGCMarkus, rashed97
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/

ROM OS Version: 10.x Q
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Pie firmware

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 1
    Beta Release Date: 2018-05-13

Created 2018-05-13
    Last Updated 2019-09-19
    So... thanks for waiting

I have a "small" update for you... its Lineage OS 17. Its still in early alpha phase, dont except all ROM side features to work, many might even crash your SystemUI or whatever.
    Got all the major stuff fixed which i could think of, if you notice any DEVICE SPECIFIC (audio routes, mic issues, and so) issues, report them WITH a logcat + dmesg.

Known issues:
    1) For some people wifi doesnt turn on (no known solution to me atm), for others wifi turns on fine, but scanning fails, those NEED to flash the OREO modem partition for their model, for whatever reasons... (I had trouble with that for weeks, since working with pie blobs, 2 phones, same model, same firmware, one has issues, other doesnt... weird af)
    2) Magisk will not work, as it isnt able to deal with the new System-as-root implementation by Android 10 (tell when that should change)
    3) FM is still missing from sources, so thats not included, yet
    4) gapps are... in an early stage atm, dont expect everything to work there yet either (and not all will work)
    5) device fingerprint isnt override properly by the device tree YET, therefor safety net and so will fail. Currently its generated by the aosp build system

Requirements: you NEED to be on pie firmware (except, when having wifi issues, flash back oreo modem as mentioned earlier), otherwise things like camera/sensors, or model detection (or dual sim detection for H930D/DS users) wont work.

Also: Please, please, please, dont dirty flash, thanks.

Any current TWRP will work fine.

Changelog 19.09.19:
    - Updated to LOS 17

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1l4bh7L87hpmXcS7Cvy_Vqaoh2wlelREe

Device/vendor/kernel sources are up
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log

Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

Changelogs

Release 13.05.2018
    - Initial release

Release 16.05.2018
    - Fixed boot (temporarily disabled sdcardfs)

Release 18.05.2018
    -enabled sdcardfs again (fixed, took the OP5(T) driver, not the broken LG one)
    -reduces system image size by around 10MB, so our friends who repartitioned have a bit more room for that

Release 21.05.2018
    -updated to latest LineageOS sources
    -enabled burnin protection in overlays
    -re-enabled exfat driver in the kernel (may cause issues for some sdcards, may need to reformat them, as they could "load" forever and make the system crash eventually)
    -cherry-picked https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_frameworks_base/+/210106 (should fix acccess to wide angle camera on apps that support it)

Release 01.06.2018
    - Updated Autobrightness from Taimen (Pixel 2 XL), as it has the same panel
    - Enabled the AoD option (you might have to unlock the phone twice or so though, LOS source is currently broken, nothing i can do)
    - Updated to latest LOS sources
    - Nuked lge/common and moved gestures into our tree

Release 08.06.2018
    - Source updates
    - fixed AOD
    - Added back sysnode (camera stuff)
    - thermal/lights HAL are now bindarized
    - setting right model name on boot (zip is still called h930 though)

Release 01.07.2018
    - Source updates

Release 19.07.2018
    - Source updated
    - Fixed vibrator
    - Updated vendor files to H930V20R
    - Allowed access to Snap, SnapCam and Gcam Wide angle mod by default

Release 30.08.2018
    - Updated sources
    - Updated blobs to 21a

Release 27.09.2018
    - Updated sources
    - New init system for model detection (old one used ro.boot.suffix which not every V30 had for some reason)
    - Some love for the H930DS, it finally works now
    - Baseband is shown correctly now
    - Includes a release for the H932, will be a seperate link, check download section (This build is done by @me2151 and will not be maintained, but is up-to-date with the H930 currently)
    Release 06.12.2018
    - Update to LineageOS 16 (synced on 6. december, still has november security patch)
    - H930D/DS works
    - Vibration uses our own service now (no LG dependency), can sometimes, for 1 certain type of vibration be a bit weird, but works fine otherwise
    - QuadDAC can be turned on/off (Settings -> Sound -> Hi-Fi Quad DAC), also Volume Balance works, the filters/equalizers dont
    - Reworked some media profiles (higher bitrates, should be able to record 720p240 and 1080p120, the new gcams kinda override that though and end up recording stuttering 1080p240...)

Release 08.12.2018
    - Sources updated for december security patch

Release 09.01.2019
    - Sources updated for january security patch
    - Updated brightness scaling (rom side + kernel side patches)
    - Raised default brightness of the AOD
    - Enabled Pocketmode (disabled Fingerprint sensor when phone screen is turned off and the proximity sensor is covered)
    - SELinux is enforcing (if you encounter any issues, let me know, WITH logs only though)
    - I hope i didnt forget anything

Release 13.02.2019
    - Updated Sources (Feb. security patch and more)
    - FM Radio (may not work on all models, like V300)
    - EAS Power HAL + Kernel
    - DRM fixed with SELinux enforcing
    - DP/HDMI out works now properly
    - maybe other stuff i forgot

Release 08.04.2019
    - Updated sources (april security patch, los changes)
    - Updated vendor files (h930 21w)
    - 24 bit audio support
    - Lots of DAC stuff
    - Back to HMP for better battery life
    - Speaker is a bit louder
    - Other things i forgot

Release 22.04.2019
    - Updated sources
    - Added more perf/iop blobs
    - Added color service (Settings -> Display -> LiveDisplay -> Color calibration)
    - You can use Wifi AND Hotspot now at the same time
    - AOD has now a few more options and is now via a little hax more reliable
    - Stuff i might have forgotten

Release 10.06.2019
    - Updates LOS Sources (June Security Patch, and some other features)
    - Volume Panel can now be moved (Settings -> System -> Buttons -> Show Panel on Left)
    - Touchscreen Gestures: 4 Swipe directions while touchscreen is off (Settings -> System -> Gestures -> Touchscreen Gestures)
    -- This is partly ROM and partly Kernel patch
    - Reverted camera blobs to pre 21w patch for more functionality (ISO couldnt be raised as high anymore what ive been told)
    - Few other things here and there i might have forgotten

Changelog 19.09.19
    - Updated to LOS 17

Changelog 05.02.20
    - Updated to LOS 17.1
    -- february security patch
    - H930 v30q blobs
    - Video playback issues should be resolved
    - Added sdfat driver in the kernel for exfat support
    - Hotspot works with no Password set (working on this...)
    - Updated Graphics and Wifidisplay stack from LA.UM.8.2.r1-04300-sdm660.0 (same drivers as msm8998...)
    -- Wifidisplay is still a bit ****ed though
    - Encryption should work (but TWRP for pie encryption doesnt support it)
    - Camera for december and later security patch has been fixed
    - Added missing NFC configs thanks to @ShapeShifter499
    - More i might have forgotten...
    Frequently Asked Questions:

Q. Can this ROM be flashed through TWRP?
    A. Yes, proceed with the latest TWRP image

Q. Sounds good. How can I contribute to project?
    A. Test the build as much as you can and report bugs which can be reproduced with exact steps and are not random.

Q. How to disable "Apps running in background" dialog?
    A. When you see the dialog, long press on it and select "Settings". From there, you'll have a toggle to disable it.

Q. Which Models are supported?
    A. So far it works well on the H930(G/D/DS), US998, VS996 and LS998. H932 works too, use the .zip for that model. Other devices may bootloop.

Q. Help, my H931/H933 is bootlooping!
    A1. For H931 please go to https://xdaforums.com/lg-v30/how-to/running-h930-aosp-rom-us998-converted-t3889320
    A2. For H933 please go to https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=78183349&postcount=2

Q. USB Tethering isnt working!!!!
    A. Make sure you have the correct drivers installed.
    Try this: open device manager:
    find the RNDIS (thats what it was called for me), or some other device similar to that name, with a probably yellow !

right click: uninstall drivers (and tick delete drivers)
    restart usb tethering
    then you have an "unknown device", right click
    install driver
    search on pc
    select from list
    search for LG Electronics as manufacturer
    and then on right side select "LGE AndroidNet Remote NDIS Device"
    I know its been a while, and I hope you like this update :)
    The Lineage Source is still not complete, there are some source bugs here and there (what ive been told network usage in statusbar doesnt work).

PS: Dont even think about dirty flashing, i mean, you can try, but dont report bugs then :p

Release 06.12.2018
    - H930D/DS works