FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[STOCK] [H932] [10d] [Nougat] T-Mobile LG V30 Stock Collection

386 posts
Thanks Meter: 355

By weakNPCdotCom, Senior Member on 7th October 2018, 10:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

T-Mobile V30 H932 10D Stock Collection
Based on OEM 10d KDZ. Extracted and Repacked.

DISCLAIMER

Proceed at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damage to your device.
Flashing LAF WILL REMOVE TWRP from your laf partition and restore stock DL Mode

REQUIRED

TWRP on LAF or Recovery (preferably recovery)
Latest Magisk Zip (if you arent flashing the Rooted SysBoot zip and want to maintain root)

FILE BREAKDOWN

None of these Zips flash the Recovery partition.
Besides StockLAF, these Zips DO NOT flash the LAF partition.
If you want to restore DL Mode and Stock LAF, you must flash the StockLAF package separately.
  • Bootloader: 10d Stock Bootloader ONLY
  • FullStock: Full 10d Stock Firmware Installation
  • SysBoot: 10d Boot and System ONLY (Modem, Bootloader not included)
  • SysBoot Deodexed: Same as above except system has been deodexed
  • SysBoot Rooted: SysBoot Deodexed with patched Kernel, pre-rooted with Magisk
  • StockLAF: Individual LAF image for returning to stock DL mode

BASIC INSTRUCTIONS
  • Always make a backup first
  • Clean Flash is Recommended
  • If device has been encrypted, format data using TWRP and reboot to recovery
  • Advanced Wipe -> System,Data,Cache,Dalvik
  • If you are coming from Oreo, you need to flash FullStock before flashing anything else as it includes 100% of the Nougat firmware.
  • After flashing FullStock to your device, you can flash any of the SysBoot ROMs.
  • If you plan to flash the Deodexed or Rooted SysBoot, I recommend another Wipe of System, Data and Cache. Dirty Flashing these may not work properly.
  • If you flashed the Rooted SysBoot over stock 10d firmware, you are good to go.
  • Otherwise, you must flash Magisk if you want to maintain root.
  • If for any reason you want stock DL mode back, the StockLAF package can be flashed from TWRP on recovery at any time.

DOWNLOADS
Stable v1.0
Project files are hosted on SourceForge

If anyone has any issues with one or more of these packages, please let me know. I hope they are able to help the V30 community. Thank you!

-weakNPCdotCom

XDA:DevDB Information
[STOCK] h93210d, ROM for the LG V30

Contributors
weakNPCdotCom
Source Code: https://sourceforge.net/projects/t-m...iles/h932/10d/

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
Based On: 10d KDZ

Version Information

Created 2018-10-07
Last Updated 2019-01-02
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to weakNPCdotCom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift weakNPCdotCom Ad-Free

8th October 2018, 04:32 AM |#2  
Flag Vancouver, WA
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Is there any way to flash from sd? I have hammered my download partition and was wondering if there is a way to get back without waiting for an official OTA?

Thanks!
8th October 2018, 03:36 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Atlanta

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bml5631

Is there any way to flash from sd? I have hammered my download partition and was wondering if there is a way to get back without waiting for an official OTA?

Thanks!

These have to be flashed with TWRP. If you have it on recovery that's your last hope for flashing zips.

However, if your phone has root access, you can use adb shell to push the laf image to the laf block.

Enable USB Debugging
Extract the laf.img file from the StockLAF zip, rename it to laf.bin and put it in your phones /sdcard/ directory

in adb console run these commands individually. you will get a prompt on your phone to allow connection, and to grant shell root access. allow it

Code:
adb devices
Make sure your phone is detected

Code:
adb shell
su
dd if=/sdcard/laf.bin of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/laf
dd if=/sdcard/laf.bin of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/lafbak
exit
exit
that will restore stock laf and dl mode. you can try to run "adb reboot download" but I'm not sure if that command works on the v30. might just have to do it the usb cable way to see if the image was flashed successfully
8th October 2018, 08:21 PM |#4  
Flag Vancouver, WA
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thanks so much for the reply and assistance. Unfortunately I do not have root/su and already tried to dd, but without su, well you know.

I had TWRP on both download mode and backup on laf. Tried to go back to h932d with LGUP and I am still on K but minus download partition and access to laf.

I understand I will most likely need to wait for OTA but just wanted to make sure there wasn't a way to flash straight from sd.

Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weakNPCdotCom

These have to be flashed with TWRP. If you have it on recovery that's your last hope for flashing zips.

However, if your phone has root access, you can use adb shell to push the laf image to the laf block.

Enable USB Debugging
Extract the laf.img file from the StockLAF zip, rename it to laf.bin and put it in your phones /sdcard/ directory

in adb console run these commands individually. you will get a prompt on your phone to allow connection, and to grant shell root access. allow it

Code:
adb devices
Make sure your phone is detected

Code:
adb shell
su
dd if=/sdcard/laf.bin of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/laf
dd if=/sdcard/laf.bin of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/lafbak
exit
exit
that will restore stock laf and dl mode. you can try to run "adb reboot download" but I'm not sure if that command works on the v30. might just have to do it the usb cable way to see if the image was flashed successfully

8th October 2018, 10:00 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Atlanta

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bml5631

Thanks so much for the reply and assistance. Unfortunately I do not have root/su and already tried to dd, but without su, well you know.

I had TWRP on both download mode and backup on laf. Tried to go back to h932d with LGUP and I am still on K but minus download partition and access to laf.

I understand I will most likely need to wait for OTA but just wanted to make sure there wasn't a way to flash straight from sd.

Thanks again!

Ah sorry man. That hurts. On any other phone without LG's stripped bootloader you could.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)