FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

LG V30 US VS996 Has anyone figured out how to root it yet?

60 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By dorlow, Member on 2nd April 2018, 04:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have an LG V30 Model VS996 (US model) that I obtained from a Verizon store. Has anyone figured out how to unlock the bootloader and/or obtain root?

2nd April 2018, 04:21 AM |#2  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorlow

I have an LG V30 Model VS996 (US model) that I obtained from a Verizon store. Has anyone figured out how to unlock the bootloader and/or obtain root?

And I guess I don't care as much about unlocking the boot loader as much as just gaining root access.
2nd April 2018, 12:47 PM |#3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 10,490

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Change you title then. Plenty of LG V30 are rooted. I have one.

There's TWRP, ROMs available down in development section. You KNOW there's root available.

Yet, in the post, THEN you mention Verizon... So, you're looking to root a U.S. CARRIER LG V30.

You should put that in your topic title, because the answer to your topic title is YES, there's root available.

Sent via open market LG US998 V30/V30+
2nd April 2018, 12:54 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
Please elaborate. Please give me some step-by-step on how to root a US version Verzion VS996 LG Phone.
2nd April 2018, 12:57 PM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Please elaborate. Please give me some step-by-step on how to root a US version Verzion VS996 LG Phone.

You can't. My point was originally your topic as I replied to it didn't say Verizon in the topic title. Originally it just said can you root LG V30, and the answer to that is YES -- if you have the right LG V30 (North America open market LG US998, European H930, European H930G).

Now your edited topic title does mention VS996.

Sent via open market LG US998 V30/V30+
4th May 2019, 08:10 PM |#6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Since someone just above dug up a OLD THREAD from 13 months ago (April 2018?) for no reason, now we must say it's simply an outdated year-old thread and no one should pay any attention to it. I only quoted the op in this post to re-frame the discussion from the name-calling and insults which seem very strange. EDIT: the offending post has been deleted by mods.

Here's the current situation:

ROOT Your V30!

Right now, ANY V30 variant in the world can be rooted. All the answers given before this post right now in this thread is obsolete.

And person just above has been reported to mods. EDIT: the post has been deleted by mods.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)