LG V30 oreo update

Search This thread

niteowl360

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 2, 2008
The question us how long i need to wait for the update. I did contact lg usa and they told me that me that my phone version is not familiar with there country and they said that i need to talk to uk lg
I did talked with lg uk and they didn't help either said i need to talk to lg israel and go to the website
And lg israel can't help me either they send me to a company named ronliat here in israel and they dont have a clue about the update so if i need to do it my salf u will i dont have a much of a choice google already announced android p so if i need to i will download it by myself and thanks every one for the help

And i do have a problem when i download the kdz file i don't know why but its do not download it fully evrey time i downlaod i see that the file is 500mb sometimes lower u don't know what to do
Update finally arrived a few days ago in South Africa. Has Israel received?

Reactions: yohannes.panduputra

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ""
    But how about returning to original H930G??
    Will it be done?
    How so?

THANK for your help/time.
    If you have the original Nougat H930G KDZ, for which I saw Iink listed in another post, you can flash back to that from H930 Oreo. Have you downloaded it yet?

You would use dev patched LGUP, not regular LGUP. It's in the all my threads, attached to post #1 of the H930 Oreo KDZ thread for example.

You wouldn't use Uppercut for this, to downgrade from Oreo to Nougat.

You could use Uppercut to upgrade from Nougat to Oreo... but not the other way as Uppercut doesn't work with Oreo.

In addition, the dev patched LGUP has more options. (Like DL PARTITION.) Just go look at the screenshots. But for it to work, you need .dll for our model, and we have that.

That is why I asked HOW you tried to downgrade your V10? Were you using dev patched LGUP and did you have the correct .dll file for the V10.
    The problom is that i didnt understand nothing of it and i did try but he didnt work can you please please explain me how to do it stap by stap?
    If you got any time of course
    It will really help me

And one more question if i will succeed and lets say that there will be an update for oreo 8.1 or something like will i receive it in normal way in the settings or i will need to update my davice on my own when there will be an update?

Confirmed to work with The Israel LG V30+ H930G! :D
    Thank you very much!
    My brother allready flashed his H930G with the oreo H930 LGUP, so my own device will work for sure :D

@Orof, can you help this guy? He just wants the H930 Oreo update, he doesn't want to go to the next step of bootloader unlock and root like you did.

____

it's all right here in the KDZ post. You download the KDZ. You download either LGUP or Uppercut. Uppercut probably would work better for your situation right now, but you can install both. Then you open LGUP and or Uppercut and flash as "upgrade".

H93020d_00_OPEN_EU_OP_0326.kdz
    2.94GB

For H930, H930G, H930DS.

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

* Android File Hosts MIRROR

md5: a9f93146cd6d912439be31eb9b7992d0

Thanks to @suunnittelija!

Here's how to flash:

* To simply flash the .kdz you can use LG UP + Uppercut method (the most simple way), no need to mess with any .dlls.

* If you don't want to use Uppercut (why not?) you can use the .dll I extracted from the KDZ. I attached it to this post. It's clean, unpatched. It needs to be placed inside \LG Electronics\LGUP\model\common folder. You will have to create common folder. It's not there by default. Basic LGUP looks like this:
    do12MHT.png

* If you want to have the developer LG UP version (overkill for just flashing a KDZ ) then you need both patched .dll and patched LGUP.exe. Attached a .zip that simply has to be unpacked in the LGUP folder and it will work right away. Dev LG UP looks like this:
    J2QAOrh.png

All you really need is the UPGRADE function :)
    .DLL for all the variants I've found firmwares on XDA was the same

NOTE: If upgrading from Nougat to Oreo, you can still use Uppercut. If you are already on Oreo, this version of UPPERCUT does not work. You have to just use LGUP. Contact XDA dev @autoprime for any questions about Uppercut.

I've added @Whiskeyomega's Oreo DLL to these attachments, while keeping @padmanek's original Nougat DLL.
    The question us how long i need to wait for the update. I did contact lg usa and they told me that me that my phone version is not familiar with there country and they said that i need to talk to uk lg
    I did talked with lg uk and they didn't help either said i need to talk to lg israel and go to the website
    And lg israel can't help me either they send me to a company named ronliat here in israel and they dont have a clue about the update so if i need to do it my salf u will i dont have a much of a choice google already announced android p so if i need to i will download it by myself and thanks every one for the help

And i do have a problem when i download the kdz file i don't know why but its do not download it fully evrey time i downlaod i see that the file is 500mb sometimes lower u don't know what to do

I also have a problem with the AFH servers for some reason.
    Here is a google drive link that i have download with and used :)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JwjXc3FhksiwwMT9ixC9NrVroWwtWAbr/view?usp=sharing

In my experience, updates do arrive here in israel, but it takes time. no one knows how long you will need to wait (for my galaxy s4, it took 4 months after the update, but for my father galaxy s4 it took 1.5 years! the only difference was the different carrier)
    As iv'e said, if you don't want to wait, you can download the kdz, but do note that there might me some problems with the Hebrew language that will require you to gain root acsses in-order to fix (with morelocal)

but why do you want to get oreo right now? untill now i was doing find with my nogut lg v30, and the only reason i upgraded to oreo was the root :)
    I believe the time will come very soon for us H930DS to receive oreo either ota or via the lg bridge app. Just had a check on the G6 forum, some have seen oreo coming to their H870DS G6 in asia pac region so i think, H930DS will be the next in line..
    Several H930DS have long has Oreo KDZ. You can go down and flash one right now and have OREO.

https://xdaforums.com/lg-v30/development/h930ds-lg-v30-cis-h930ds-t3799872

Sent via open market LG US998 V30/V30+
    Thanks. Yes i used the uppercut and the oreo KDZ Global i got from the other thread and now my H930DS is on oreo.

But just asking here, as i heard that H870DS has started its oreo roll out in my region (asia pac) OTA that means my region will also soon see oreo too.. With now my phone is on oreo because of the LGUP, can I still receive OTA update directly from the LG server when the time comes for my phone to update? It should, right?
    You can always flash the Asia Pacific Oreo KDZ when it's released, and then you will be back on the "local" OTA path.

Do you care about bootloader unlock and root?