Fully enable DTS 3D stereo (root needed)

Search This thread

vthnhon

Apr 4, 2011
DA NANG
Thank !

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200414-080302.jpg
    Screenshot_20200414-080302.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 269
Reactions: ChazzMatt

P.K.Shivaram

Aug 25, 2017
Aruppukottai
LG V30
LG G8X ThinQ
Go back to rooted Oreo and it will definitely work.

Others say they have gotten DTS on Pie, but I don't have Pie yet.

Hi,

I need a help, i have rooted my LG v30+, now i am with Oreo 1 Jun security patch, i also downloaded the recent Pie update KDZ file. can i directly update to this Pie KDZ and enable the DTS 3D stereo? if yes please suggest me the steps. Waiting for your reply. :)

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi,

I need a help, i have rooted my LG v30+, now i am with Oreo 1 Jun security patch, i also downloaded the recent Pie update KDZ file. can i directly update to this Pie KDZ and enable the DTS 3D stereo? if yes please suggest me the steps. Waiting for your reply. :)

June 2018 security patch? What letter/number are you on? What variant?

Are you on India H930DS firmware? If you are any firmware for which we have TWRP flashable zips (basically stock ROMs), all you need to do is flash later firmware -- like Pie or even last Oreo -- via TWRP flashable zip. The developer already has it enabled.

Whereas if you flash KDZ, your will have to enable manually with build prop edit.

All our later TWRP-flashable zips have the DTS present and enabled. The KDZ just has it present.

Reactions: P.K.Shivaram

P.K.Shivaram

Aug 25, 2017
Aruppukottai
LG V30
LG G8X ThinQ
June 2018 security patch? What letter/number are you on? What variant?

Are you on India H930DS firmware? If you are any firmware for which we have TWRP flashable zips (basically stock ROMs), all you need to do is flash later firmware -- like Pie or even last Oreo -- via TWRP flashable zip. The developer already has it enabled.

Whereas if you flash KDZ, your will have to enable manually with build prop edit.

All our later TWRP-flashable zips have the DTS present and enabled. The KDZ just has it present.

I am on Indian varient, Version V20b-IND-XX, Oreo 8.0.0. build number OPR1.170623,026, With 1 June 2018 security patch.
How to flash latest Pie KDZ (H930DS30b_00_OPEN_ESA_DS_OP_0903.KDZ) indian varient to my V30+ without affecting my Root and unlocked OS? please help.

And where to download latest TWRP flashable.zip for my V30+ indian varient?

Last edited:

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
I am on Indian varient, Version V20b-IND-XX, Oreo 8.0.0. build number OPR1.170623,026, With 1 June 2018 security patch.
How to flash latest Pie KDZ (H930DS30b_00_OPEN_ESA_DS_OP_0903.KDZ) indian varient to my V30+ without affecting my Root and unlocked OS? please help.

And where to download latest TWRP flashable.zip for my V30+ indian varient?

Here's the thread for India Pie KDZ and TWRP flashable zip. You want the TWRP flashable zip. See post #2 and TWRP flashable zip instructions. Ignore the part about LGUP as you will not be flashing the KDZ. You will be using TWRP to flash the TWRP flashable zip.

[H930DS][STOCK][PIE]LG V30+ INDIA H930DS30b_00_OPEN_ESA_DS_OP_0903.KDZ
https://xdaforums.com/lg-v30/development/h930ds-lg-v30-india-t3952260

P.K.Shivaram

Aug 25, 2017
Aruppukottai
LG V30
LG G8X ThinQ
Here's the thread for India Pie KDZ and TWRP flashable zip. You want the TWRP flashable zip. See post #2 and TWRP flashable zip instructions. Ignore the part about LGUP as you will not be flashing the KDZ. You will be using TWRP to flash the TWRP flashable zip.

Really thanks for the reply, i found the files. Thanks u so much. :eek:

P.K.Shivaram

Aug 25, 2017
Aruppukottai
LG V30
LG G8X ThinQ

Hi, now i have installed the TWRP flash-able zip for Pie on my LG V30+, still the volume is very low. But the DTS 3D and equalizer are everything working fine.

How to activate the High impedance mode on this LG V30+? any idea. Please suggest me.:)

I have 1More quad drive 32ohms ear buds.

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi, now i have installed the TWRP flash-able zip for Pie on my LG V30+, still the volume is very low. But the DTS 3D and equalizer are everything working fine.

How to activate the High impedance mode on this LG V30+? any idea. Please suggest me.:)

I have 1More quad drive 32ohms ear buds.
50 ohm earbuds will trigger HIM for sure. Also there are some mods that you can install to manually trigger it in spite of lesser ohms.

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Can you please suggest me the steps to install the Mods to activate the HIM?:)

DUAL SPEAKER MODE + HIM (High Impedance Mode)

See attached file or go download from this post by @tech_infinity.

If it works for you be sure to go to that post and thank him for it! It's an improved version of another mod from that same thread. We are using his mod, not the original. He gives credit to original creator in his post.

This is a dual speaker mod which works on all V30 ROMs (Stock and aosp)
Changes by me:-
- Improved compatibility
- Raised earpiece volume a little more to make speakers sound more balanced.

FLASH in Magisk only, not TWRP.

Everything else is same as the original mod mrxyzl

Feature:
+ pseudo-HIM mode, should make sound better and DAC toggle work
+ Stereo recording
+ Dual speaker - no mic breaking

It's called "pseudo-HIM" because some audiophiles complained it technically wasn't real HIM. But it basically does the same thing -- increases the loudness and gives better clarity .

Attachments

• Unknown__SoundMod_DualSpeaker.zip
    17.9 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:

P.K.Shivaram

Aug 25, 2017
Aruppukottai
LG V30
LG G8X ThinQ
See this post by @tech_infinity:

https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=82368061&postcount=70

Go there, see attached file on THAT post. If it works for you be sure to thank him for it! It's an improvement of another mod from that thread. Use his mod, not the original. He gives credit to original creator in his post.

Feature:
+ Stereo recording

It's called "pseudo-HIM" because some audiophiles complained it technically wasn't real HIM. But it basically does the same thing -- increases the loudness and gives better clarity.

Yes, little improvement in volume, thanks a lot. Works fine. Superb. :good::)

Thanks a lot for reply...

Last edited:

P.K.Shivaram

Aug 25, 2017
Aruppukottai
LG V30
LG G8X ThinQ
DUAL SPEAKER MODE + HIM (High Impedance Mode)

See attached file or go download from this post by @tech_infinity.

If it works for you be sure to go to that post and thank him for it! It's an improved version of another mod from that same thread. We are using his mod, not the original. He gives credit to original creator in his post.

Feature:
+ Stereo recording

It's called "pseudo-HIM" because some audiophiles complained it technically wasn't real HIM. But it basically does the same thing -- increases the loudness and gives better clarity .
Hi,

Can u please confirm, can use this Mode on LG G8X after root done? Please i am expecting your answer, as i have order LG G8X.

_raydroid

Feb 7, 2017
EDIT: RIGHT NOW IN MID-2019 ALL RECENT OREO CONFIRMED EXCEPT FOR H933

You think this will come to H933 eventually? Or maybe a port of some kind? (New to sound mods so I apologize in advance for my ignorance.)

Yes. It should come to all.
A little late here, but I can confirm that this mod works on a frankensteined H933.

Learning new things about the V30 many years after it was released :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ChazzMatt

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    4th EDIT: Now confirmed to work on H932 20R and newer.
    _____

3rd EDIT: Now available with H930 Open EU 21W and newer.

Korean variants also have it.
    ____

2nd EDIT: NOW LG has put this the DTS framework in Hong Kong H930DS 21w (and newer) as well as Verizon VS996 20i (and newer). But you still need root to fully enable it.

____
    1st EDIT: @JohnFawkes says he can only confirm the necessary libs are in some newer KDZ. So, until LG puts the libs in other variant firmware, then this will only work with the variants that have the libs.
    V30 DTS announcement on LG's Korea website. I will update this op as more information becomes available..

_____

1) Fully enable DTS 3D stereo (root needed)

On recent V30 update with November 2018 and newer security patch, LG added DTS 3D stereo (mentioned in change log) but they seem to have messed it up. DTS does not appear as a separate entry and you can not turn it on/off. HOWEVER, with root, now you can. (ALL V30/V30+/V30S can be bootloader unlocked and rooted.) Credits go to the people quoted below. This mod may work with other LG series phones if LG also messed up the recent DTS 3D stereo implementation? Hopefully, LG will fix this in future update.

1st, you need V30 firmware with necessary DTS framework. (LG is now adding the feature to other variants, see note at top of post.)

2nd, you need root.

3rd, you need Build Prop editor. < I suggest that one.

_____
    1) Open Build Prop Editor, go into edit mode, scroll down to very bottom where there are empty lines and paste this entry:
    ro.lge.globaleffect.dts=true (enables DTS libs)
    ro.lge.globaleffect.ceq=1 (adds "custom" entry to to the equalizer you will install below)
    2) Hit Save.
    3) Reboot the phone.
    4) Done.

When you go into Settings/Sound, you should now see a new category. Instead of "Hi-Fi Quad DAC", you will instead now see "Sound Quality and Effects". When you go into THAT, you will see new DTS and the already-existing Hi-Fi Quad DAC settings. See attached screenshots below and the conversation that led to this discovery...

The person who first pointed out the problem later posted the solution. ;)

EDIT: @TotallyAnxious has now added this capability to her excellent ANXIOUS V30 Magisk mod, starting with v167. Thank you! However, that mod is only guaranteed compatible with North America variants, even though it may work with others. These do-it-yourself instructions can be done by anyone with rooted V30/V30+/V30S with appropriate stock firmware. EDIT: RIGHT NOW IN MID-2019 ALL RECENT OREO CONFIRMED EXCEPT FOR H933

Again, hopefully LG will fix this in future update so it's also available on unrooted stock firmware.

2) BONUS APP: LG DTS 3D Stereo Equalizer:

https://xdaforums.com/lg-v30/how-to/how-to-add-lgs-equalizer-to-hifi-quad-t3905870

Install. Reboot.

(DTS 3D stereo reported in change log for most recent firmware.)
    What dts, i couldnt find it on 20f.

Check audio_effects.conf and play music and type su -c dumpsys media.audio_flinger in terminal and you'll see libeagle.so. Libeagle.so is dts. There's no app or anything

SOLUTION:
    Add ro.lge.globaleffect.dts=true in BUILD PROP

Thanks!

It creates a new category instead of just QUAD DAC, which now includes DTS with Quad DAC.
    @TotallyAnxious, something else to add to your mod...

View attachment 4681258View attachment 4681259View attachment 4681260

Sent via open market LG US998 V30/V30+

It worked on the vs996 20g zip too I'm on Verizon so the vs996 zip works the best for me.

Adding to the list of features this phone has...

LG V30/V30+
    • 1440P OLED (537 ppi)
    • Qi wireless charging
    • 3.5mm headset jack
    • Quad DAC
    • DTS 3D stereo
    • IP68 dust/water resistance
    • rear camera OIS on normal lens - plus 120 degree wide angle lens
    • superfast fingerprint sensor
    • 64GB (V30) or 128GB (V30+) internal storage
    • microSD port for additional storage
    • bootloader unlock and root
    • no notch
    We made XDA News, again:

https://www.xda-developers.com/enable-dts-3d-stereo-sound-all-lg-v30-variants/

Read the comments. Feel free to post your own experience. One ignorant* person says this DTS 3D Stereo on US998 isn't real. Ha. He obviously doesn't own US998, so what does he know?

(* Ignorant, as in uneducated. Not ignorant as in stupid.)
    This DTS 3D STEREO enabler is for North America US998 ONLY, for now.

As I said before you will have to wait until future updates for other variants, to get the necessary libs. The interface alone does not give you the actual functionality.

How many more times do I have to repeat that?

Did you not even read the post that you quoted? I'm repeating myself. ;)

Whenever future updates arrive, @JohnFawkes can confirm if the libs are there. He wants it as much as you do. If there was any way to port it right now to other variants, he would do so.

Sent via open market LG US998 V30/V30+

Yes it needs us998 20f for now. Me, @UltraM8 @michi_Nemuritor @LazerL0rd and a few others are working on a universal dts x ultra port from nubia device. No kernel commits needed and no nubia audioflinger needed either. So if lg doesn't give us dts then we have an alternative
    To the instructions, I added another build prop line:

ro.lge.globaleffect.ceq=1

This adds "custom" entry to to the DTS equalizer when you install it. It is not needed to enable DTS itself (that's another build prop line), but adds option to the DTS equalizer, which you should install. As long as you are editing the build prop, might as well do both the same time!

NOTE: I have this "custom" field in my equalizer and do NOT have this build prop line. But I also have the very latest Anxious V30 Magisk module installed. She has a lot of stuff ported from LG G7 and V40, and her notes specifically say: "LG Equalizer Settings (w/ Custom EQ)" .

Anyway, falls under the "doesn't hurt/may help" category.

Screenshot courtesy @BROKEN1981. I am using his screenshot because he added that line.
    It's in my module. Build props in magisk mods don't actually edit the build.prop it just makes the system think they are on the build.prop.
    So for anyone interested I will be releasing a new rom later today. It's a hybrid between Us99820f and ls99826a. It will be for sprint users only. If this is stable I will make one for the other carriers as well. This will allow us to use dts before the carriers release if they ever do. This is the smoothness of the us firmware with all the sprint lte bands, wifi calling, lte calling, sprint visual voicemail and all sprint apps. At the moment I'm using a Magisk module to achieve this but I'll be using superR to turn it into a full blown custom stock rom!