FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Fully enable DTS 3D stereo (root needed)

14,452 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,491
 
By ChazzMatt, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Contributor on 6th January 2019, 08:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th March 2019, 08:10 PM |#121  
gazzacbr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 239
 
More
Hi, still trying to dl a latest rom to test this (its stopped 3 times already).
Does editing the build.prop fail safetynet?
I have magisk and my bank app is happy with hide enabled. Would I need a module for this change?
 
 
13th March 2019, 08:35 PM |#122  
ChazzMatt's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 10,491
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzacbr

Hi, still trying to dl a latest rom to test this (its stopped 3 times already).
Does editing the build.prop fail safetynet?
I have magisk and my bank app is happy with hide enabled. Would I need a module for this change?

No, it shouldn't, as all the @JohnFawkes TWRP flashable zips already have build prop edited to include this, and no one has complained. Also @TotallyAnxious Magisk module edits Build Prop to include this (but you need correct firmware for it to work).

There's been no complaints with either, as far as Build Prop edits.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChazzMatt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChazzMatt Ad-Free
13th March 2019, 10:34 PM |#123  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Just instal on h930 21w and I don't hear any difference, nothing.
13th March 2019, 10:49 PM |#124  
ChazzMatt's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 10,491
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksymilian777

Just instal on h930 21w and I don't hear any difference, nothing.

Then either you don't have H930 Open EU 21W or you did something wrong?

Show us your firmware version, show us the build prop lines, show us the DTS audio settings.

Did you reboot?

If you have the firmware with the DTS libs and you enable this, the difference is very clear -- especially switching perspectives.
14th March 2019, 08:35 AM |#125  
gazzacbr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 239
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazzMatt

No, it shouldn't, as all the @JohnFawkes TWRP flashable zips already have build prop edited to include this, and no one has complained...

Finally managed to d/l the 20w TWRP zip update "H93021w_00_OPEN_EU_OP_0121.kdz"
The extra line was not in the build.prop but I added it and the DTS menu appeared
Had a bit of hassle reinstalling Magisk but good news is that the build.prop edit did not affect safetynet and my banking app is still happy (which just proves I still dont understand what breaks safetynet )
DTS stereo, hmm. Have given it several tests and turned it off again.
Front setting is ok and gives a slightly all around sound but after listening for a few mins I turn it off and prefer the HiFi Quad DAC only. The wide setting mixed the chanels and frequencies so I lost some separation and the Side to Side just mushed everything together.
I have tested with a reasonable mix of music, trance, classical, baroque, trance but still prefer it without the DTS.
just my 2c.
14th March 2019, 09:48 AM |#126  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-03-13-22-57-19.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	211.9 KB
ID:	4723372

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-03-13-22-58-01.png
Views:	90
Size:	191.6 KB
ID:	4723373

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-03-13-22-58-14.png
Views:	90
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	4723374
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzmatt

then either you don't have h930 open eu 21w or you did something wrong?

Show us your firmware version, show us the build prop lines, show us the dts audio settings.

Did you reboot?

If you have the firmware with the dts libs and you enable this, the difference is very clear -- especially switching perspectives.

I don't hear any different.
14th March 2019, 10:38 AM |#127  
ChazzMatt's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 10,491
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzacbr

Finally managed to d/l the 20w TWRP zip update "H93021w_00_OPEN_EU_OP_0121.kdz"

The extra line was not in the build.prop but I added it and the DTS menu appeared

Had a bit of hassle reinstalling Magisk but good news is that the build.prop edit did not affect safetynet and my banking app is still happy (which just proves I still dont understand what breaks safetynet )

DTS stereo, hmm. Have given it several tests and turned it off again.

Front setting is ok and gives a slightly all around sound but after listening for a few mins I turn it off and prefer the HiFi Quad DAC only. The wide setting mixed the chanels and frequencies so I lost some separation and the Side to Side just mushed everything together.

I have tested with a reasonable mix of music, trance, classical, baroque, trance but still prefer it without the DTS.

just my 2c.

Hmmm.... I love it myself.

I use it with headphones and thus have Quad DAC + DTS. I know the DTS also affects Bluetooth (unlike the Quad DAC), but I don't have Bluetooth headphones.

Wide - Big auditorium. Wider separation.

Front -- the musicians are in front of me on the stage. I'm sitting just a few rows back in the audience.

Side to side -- the musicians are surrounding me.

For my SoundMagic E80C earbuds, the Side to Side is very intense sometimes... but it's the mode I seem to prefer for most of the songs. Yes, there ARE times Front is better, and a very few times Wide is better. Again, this is with earbuds, not Bluetooth.

However, turning DTS off and then turning it back on (especially with Side to Side), I prefer it on.


For the Equalizer I keep it on Vocal.


Sent via open market LG US998 V30/V30+
14th March 2019, 11:03 AM |#128  
ChazzMatt's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 10,491
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksymilian777

I don't hear any different.

If you have firmware with the libs and you turn on DTS, especially with with Front and then Side to Side, and you say you don't hear any difference whatsoever... there's something wrong with your phone.

It sounds like you don't have the libs. That's what H930 people heard (no difference) when they tried to enable this with older firmware when US998 first got this before everyone else.

Now Hong Kong H930DS 21W and H930 Open EU 21W finally has it, as does H932 and VS996 latest.

I know you show 21W, but I'm mystified why you claim to hear no difference.
14th March 2019, 11:31 AM |#129  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazzMatt

If you have firmware with the libs and you turn on DTS, especially with with Front and then Side to Side, and you say you don't hear any difference whatsoever... there's something wrong with your phone.

It sounds like you don't have the libs. That's what H930 people heard (no difference) when they tried to enable this with older firmware when US998 first got this before everyone else.

Now Hong Kong H930DS 21W and H930 Open EU 21W finally has it, as does H932 and VS996 latest.

I know you show 21W, but I'm mystified why you claim to hear no difference.

Man, I told you what I hear. I am profesionall musicans. No different for me, really, equaliser to.
14th March 2019, 11:36 AM |#130  
ChazzMatt's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 10,491
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksymilian777

Man, I told you what I hear. I am profesionall musicans. No different for me, really, equaliser to.

Then, like I said I'm mystified and something is wrong with your phone.

Sent via open market LG US998 V30/V30+
14th March 2019, 11:43 AM |#131  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazzMatt

Then, like I said I'm mystified and something is wrong with your phone.

Sent via open market LG US998 V30/V30+

Don't think so, because quad Dac is working perfect
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes