FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Fully enable DTS 3D stereo (root needed)

14,075 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,104

By ChazzMatt, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Contributor on 6th January 2019, 08:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th March 2019, 06:11 PM |#151  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherrrg

You think this will come to H933 eventually? Or maybe a port of some kind? (New to sound mods so I apologize in advance for my ignorance.)

Yes. It should come to all.

3rd April 2019, 12:09 AM |#152  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 345

Donate to Me
More
don't know what it was, but this is finally working for my H932 now that I'm on 20s.

However, I did have to edit my build.prop after updating from 20r to 20s
The Following User Says Thank You to weakNPCdotCom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift weakNPCdotCom Ad-Free
3rd April 2019, 06:14 AM |#153  
Thanks Meter: 546

More
Man, DTS is amazing!
I mostly use Bluetooth earphones so can't use DAC but DTS works even with bluetooh
I'm loving it!
Thanks @ChazzMatt
The Following User Says Thank You to tech_infinity For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tech_infinity Ad-Free
17th April 2019, 03:08 PM |#154  
Flag Atlanta, Georgia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_infinity

Man, DTS is amazing!
I mostly use Bluetooth earphones so can't use DAC but DTS works even with bluetooh
I'm loving it!
Thanks @ChazzMatt

Also thank @JohnFawkes. He was instrumental in helping us with this.

He's also now enabled DTS 3D Surround sound in all the recent TWRP-flashable zips he builds, so the only people who need this guide are really the ones who use the other TWRP-flashable zips (I don't know if all those have the DTS enabled) -- OR have updated via KDZ.

I'm not sure if he includes the DTS Equalizer -- which is linked in post #1 -- but he does the Build Prop edits for the DTS itself.

Except for maybe the Canada H933, I think all the V30/V30+/V30S variants now have the "hidden" DTS framework in recent KDZ releases. Just needs root to enable:

* using the build prop edits in this guide.

* Or using relevant @JohnFawkes TWRP-flashable zip + Magisk.

* Or using @totallyanxious module (which also has camera improvements and a lot of other stuff). However, that module is only compatible with North American variants.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChazzMatt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChazzMatt Ad-Free
18th April 2019, 03:50 PM |#155  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I've tried this on LG v20
Dts:x option appeared but there is no audio change when i made it active. Is possible to make this mode on V20 workable? I'm on stock oreo 8.0 by the way. Can you share with me that dts libs file of v30? Maybe i should put it my audio library..?
18th April 2019, 04:28 PM |#156  
Flag Atlanta, Georgia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nietzsche_01

I've tried this on LG v20
Dts:x option appeared but there is no audio change when i made it active. Is possible to make this mode on V20 workable? I'm on stock oreo 8.0 by the way. Can you share with me that dts libs file of v30? Maybe i should put it my audio library..?

No. LG has to put the DTS libs into the stock firmware.

Apparently LG has not not put in the DTS 3D Surround libs yet for the V20.

If you read through the thread, even V30 variants heard no difference until their firmware was updated from LG. That's why all the edits at top of post #1.

Will LG ever put it in the V20? I don't know.. But you can always buy a V30/V30+/V30S.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChazzMatt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChazzMatt Ad-Free
19th April 2019, 09:24 AM |#157  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Buying is easy solution and it's further to soul of android LoL. I'm a really penny pincher and i love my V20 so much
19th April 2019, 01:52 PM |#158  
Flag Atlanta, Georgia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nietzsche_01

Buying is easy solution and it's further to soul of android LoL. I'm a really penny pincher and i love my V20 so much

Well, you ARE in the LG V30 forum. You should look around a bit, make yourself comfortable.

My wife and I kept our 2014 Moto Quarks (variants were called Droid Turbo, Moto Turbo, Moto Maxx) for 3 years. Had 1440p OLED, Qi wireless charging, 64GB internal memory (in 2014!), 3900 mAh battery, etc. I had the "international" version of the Verizon Droid Turbo called the Moto Maxx/Moto Turbo which had all the AT&T LTE bands and more HSPA bands. Designed by Google when they still owned Motorola, the Moto Quark (series code name) was basically a smaller (more reasonable size) version of the Moto Nexus 6 which was released at the same time. It was easily the best phone of 2014... Loved it.

Finally in late 2017, I found the LG V30 which had all the specs I needed for a worthy replacement for the Moto Quark. I even had a long-running thread detailing my search. I have 10 friends/ family members who now have V30/V30+ based on my recommendation.

LG V30/V30+/V30S
  • 1440P OLED (537 ppi)
  • Qi wireless charging
  • 3.5mm headset jack
  • Quad DAC
  • DTS 3D stereo (with root)
  • IP68 dust/water resistance
  • rear camera OIS on normal lens - plus 120 degree wide angle lens
  • superfast fingerprint sensor
  • 64GB (V30) or 128GB (V30+) internal storage. (V30S/V30S+ has 128/256GB storage with 6GB RAM.)
  • microSD port for additional storage
  • bootloader unlock and root for all variants
  • no notch
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)