FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Fully enable DTS 3D stereo (root needed)

14,128 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,178

By ChazzMatt, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Contributor on 6th January 2019, 08:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th January 2019, 02:15 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 811

More
To clarify what I mean, yes if you have the ls998 or vs996 on the us99820f firmware then yes dts will work. But if you are running the stock sprint or stock Verizon firmware then no dts not work as the libs and kernel stuff are non existent. If you are on us99820f and you flash a custom kernel you will break dts as the kernel sources are not out yet and of all the dts phones my team has looked at they ALL use kernel stuff. When I looked at 21o Korean kdz I didn't see any dts libs at all. Maybe I overlooked it but @UltraM8 looked in the Korean firmware as well didn't see anything either. The EU versions I have not looked into but I will later unless someone else can look in system/vendor/lib/soundfx for libeagle.so. If its there then you have dts. But ANY phone on us99820f will have dts
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnFawkes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JohnFawkes Ad-Free

7th January 2019, 02:51 PM |#22  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFawkes

To clarify what I mean, yes if you have the ls998 or vs996 on the us99820f firmware then yes dts will work. But if you are running the stock sprint or stock Verizon firmware then no dts not work as the libs and kernel stuff are non existent. If you are on us99820f and you flash a custom kernel you will break dts as the kernel sources are not out yet and of all the dts phones my team has looked at they ALL use kernel stuff. When I looked at 21o Korean kdz I didn't see any dts libs at all. Maybe I overlooked it but @UltraM8 looked in the Korean firmware as well didn't see anything either. The EU versions I have not looked into but I will later unless someone else can look in system/vendor/lib/soundfx for libeagle.so. If its there then you have dts. But ANY phone on us99820f will have dts

@JohnFawkes, thanks for your information. Then that's very amazing the US998 got this first and presumably no one else yet? Since it was announced on the Korean LG website, I would have bet serious money the Korean carrier variants had it first -- since they get everything first. Only later does the good stuff trickle down to other regions/countries/carriers. Again, thank you for your efforts.
7th January 2019, 03:25 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 811

More
One other thing to remember is if your using ANY audio mods then you need to uninstall them before trying dts. The reason for this is because it was probably installed before you updated to 20f firmware so the dts audio effects entries are not in you audio_effects.conf files. So please if your on 20f and dts isn't working for you then make sure to uninstall and reinstall your audio mods. These include viper, jdsp, ainur Sauron, icesound(IceWizard), dolby, etc etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnFawkes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JohnFawkes Ad-Free
7th January 2019, 04:14 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
@JohnFawkes in global EU 21o there's no libeagle.so. If I add the prop it appears in settings (it's even fully translated) but as expected it's not functional.
I think we have to wait next update to have full DTS in Europe...
The Following User Says Thank You to Jilano34 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jilano34 Ad-Free
7th January 2019, 09:57 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Any opinion on using oneclick root method?

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk
7th January 2019, 10:30 PM |#26  
Flag Atlanta, Georgia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodLovesyou

Any opinion on using oneclick root method?

There is no such thing as one-click root for any recent LG flagship phones. Not since maybe LG G2, LG G3? Security is a lot different now since 2014. You'll see such nonsense on shady websites, trying to get you to download malware to your phone.

If there was one-click root, why would I have written up the WTF V30 bootloader unlock and root instructions? There's your "one click" root. CLICK on the link, read the instructions.

EVERY LG V30/V30+/V30S can be rooted. But you have to follow the instructions.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChazzMatt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChazzMatt Ad-Free
7th January 2019, 11:50 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Ok can i relock the bootloader after root chezz?

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk
8th January 2019, 12:14 AM |#28  
Flag Atlanta, Georgia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodLovesyou

Ok can i relock the bootloader after root chezz?

Yes, when you don't want root anymore.

You need unlocked bootloader for TWRP and root to work.

You can lock bootloader back when you no longer want that.

Ask further questions in this thread.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-...g-v30-t3790500
The Following User Says Thank You to ChazzMatt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChazzMatt Ad-Free
8th January 2019, 05:05 AM |#29  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 385

Donate to Me
More
Edit: disregard I think my issues was self inflicted.
The Following User Says Thank You to wolfu11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wolfu11 Ad-Free
12th January 2019, 02:04 PM |#30  
Flag kolkata
Thanks Meter: 145

More
[QUOTE=Jilano34;78613837]@JohnFawkes in global EU 21o there's no libeagle.so. If I add the prop it appears in settings (it's even fully translated) but as expected it's not functional.
I think we have to wait next update to have full DTS in Europe...[/QUOT]
Where this .so file located in 20f rom???
12th January 2019, 09:03 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 990

More
The us998 20f kernel is useable on the vs996 20g but breaks the SD card, the typical exfat issues. So I stopped trying to port it since it would be pointless for me without my SD card. But feel free to use this info to experiment.

As @JohnFawkes said, you'll need a kernel with the commits.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)