Google Camera port with HDR+ and V30

1,347 posts
Thanks Meter: 330

By Billy Madison, Senior Member on 28th October 2017, 04:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Better use this one port

Probably you all may try and find out how to get best shots
Remember to set HDR+ mote to enhanced
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Billy Madison For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Billy Madison Ad-Free

28th October 2017, 05:03 PM |#2  
KCMO
Thanks Meter: 320

More
Where's the original thread this came from? I'd like to do some more reading up on it.
28th October 2017, 05:22 PM |#3  
Omaha, NE
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHH2

Where's the original thread this came from? I'd like to do some more reading up on it.

I installed this version as of yesterday. Not sure if the OP's post is newer but this is a good start on info.

https://www.xda-developers.com/googl...n-raw-support/
The Following User Says Thank You to qualitymove13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift qualitymove13 Ad-Free
28th October 2017, 05:36 PM |#4  
KCMO

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qualitymove13

I installed this version as of yesterday. Not sure if the OP's post is newer but this is a good start on info.

https://www.xda-developers.com/googl...n-raw-support/

Ok, I've seen that stuff before. So this is still the same line of that port where we have to dig through menus in hopes of finding the magic combo to make HDR stuff work? I had zero luck with that in a previous version. And did you use the same download link?
28th October 2017, 06:27 PM |#5  
Omaha, NE
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Quote:

Ok, I've seen that stuff before. So this is still the same line of that port where we have to dig through menus in hopes of finding the magic combo to make HDR stuff work? I had zero luck with that in a previous version. And did you use the same download link?

I used the download at the bottom of the link I sent you. Seems to be the same port you mention but to be honest, I havent even played with it yet.
28th October 2017, 11:14 PM |#6  
KCMO

More
Yeah, I'm definitely going to need to find the original link to this from a reputable source. Just tried clicking into the link in the OP from work and the safeguard software that usually comes up yellow/gold for sites that are not allowed came up red. That's a first for me and enough for me to not download from that site.
31st October 2017, 11:14 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 330

More
Quote:

Yeah, I'm definitely going to need to find the original link to this from a reputable source. Just tried clicking into the link in the OP from work and the safeguard software that usually comes up yellow/gold for sites that are not allowed came up red. That's a first for me and enough for me to not download from that site.

You may fetch it there https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=962021903579488245 and then compare bit-by-bit with file uploaded my me, should be identical
31st October 2017, 12:14 PM |#8  
KCMO

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Madison

You may fetch it there https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=962021903579488245 and then compare bit-by-bit with file uploaded my me, should be identical

I can tell you a side by side won't happen. That's the first time I've ever seen that severe of a warning pop-up for a site before so I won't be going there. I did load from the this link though and it looks like this still requires some set-up to get HDR working on it. It's dark out now so I won't know until later.
31st October 2017, 02:47 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
I tried the google camera. However, I find GP camera app sometimes adds more noise but does not over expose as much as LG camera. However, in some cases the LG is better...Guess it just depends on the situation. Here are some sames I took in auto mode using the same focus point (touched area to make sure they both focused on same object). of course the ones with the post it GP on them is the Google Camera app. These are in low light to very low light.
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JCc2RkMG9EY3Fn
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to keithleger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift keithleger Ad-Free
31st October 2017, 05:11 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 87

More
ya....i have the same opinions. V30 camera app at times produces better photos, where others Pixel 2 Camera does.

Pixel 2 ZERO SHUTTER LAG is no joke though, and i'm not sure if HDR+ is occuring as since if so the HDR+ is done within a split second with no status.
The Following User Says Thank You to hachiroku For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hachiroku Ad-Free
31st October 2017, 05:39 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Is this better or the same as Google camera NX 7.1?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gcam, google camera, hdr plus, hdr+

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)