- LG V30
- Windows PC
- Official Firmware file for your V30 ending with .kdz. You can find it here https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-v30/development or here https://lg-firmwares.com/
Bootloader does not need to be unlocked. All variants can be flashed using this method.
Only fully official, LG signed and blessed, unmodified firmware can be flashed using this method. No custom roms or recoveries!
- Download and install LG USB drivers from here.
- Download and install LG UP 1.14.3 from here.
- Download .dll file for our V30, attached at the bottom of this post.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model
- Create folder called "common" and unzip the .dll file inside of it.
- Connect the phone to your PC
- [Optional]Open Device Manager and verify if under Ports you can see LGE Mobile USB Serial Port (COM...) to make sure the LG driver was installed correctly and the phone is visible.
- Launch LGUP.exe
- Select process called "UPGRADE" Warning: Selecting Refurbish will wipe user data.
- Select the firmware file.
- Click Start!
- Your phone will automatically reboot into Download mode and upgrade firmware.
- There's no need to do a factory reset afterwards but you can if you encounter any issues ofc. (I haven't)