FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Guide: How to upgrade/downgrade/restore official firmware on your V30.

104 posts
Thanks Meter: 101

By padmanek, Senior Member on 22nd January 2018, 02:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Guide: How to upgrade/downgrade/restore OFFICIAL firmware on your V30.

Requirements:
Bootloader does not need to be unlocked. All variants can be flashed using this method.

Only fully official, LG signed and blessed, unmodified firmware can be flashed using this method. No custom roms or recoveries!

Lets go:
  1. Download and install LG USB drivers from here.
  2. Download and install LG UP 1.14.3 from here.
  3. Download .dll file for our V30, attached at the bottom of this post.
  4. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model
  5. Create folder called "common" and unzip the .dll file inside of it.
  6. Connect the phone to your PC
  7. [Optional]Open Device Manager and verify if under Ports you can see LGE Mobile USB Serial Port (COM...) to make sure the LG driver was installed correctly and the phone is visible.
  8. Launch LGUP.exe
  9. Select process called "UPGRADE" Warning: Selecting Refurbish will wipe user data.
  10. Select the firmware file.
  11. Click Start!
  12. Your phone will automatically reboot into Download mode and upgrade firmware.
  13. There's no need to do a factory reset afterwards but you can if you encounter any issues ofc. (I haven't)
Attached Files
File Type: zip LGUP_common.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.29 MB, 5552 views)
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to padmanek For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift padmanek Ad-Free

22nd January 2018, 03:51 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Thanks for the guide.
22nd January 2018, 05:50 PM |#3  
Flag firenze
Thanks Meter: 12

More
thank you. I would love to try the MIUI ROM on this device.
22nd January 2018, 06:06 PM |#4  
Flag The Hammer!
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by padmanek

Requirements:

Bootloader does not need to be unlocked. All variants can be flashed using this method.

Lets go:
  7. [Optional]Open Device Manager and verify if under Ports you can see LGE Mobile USB Serial Port (COM...) to make sure the LG driver was installed correctly and the phone is visible.
  8. Launch LGUP.exe
  9. Select process called "UPGRADE" Warning: Selecting Refurbish will wipe user data.
  11. Click Start!
  12. Your phone will automatically reboot into Download mode and upgrade firmware.
  13. There's no need to do a factory reset afterwards but you can if you encounter any issues ofc. (I haven't)

My apologies if I misunderstood. Is this a way to apply alternative ROMs even on models with locked bootloaders and the ADB Commands stripped out such as the H 933? I know you said already that it will work on any variant but I had lost hope that this model would ever allow modding of the rum. I just want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding the intention of your guide.

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk
22nd January 2018, 06:11 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Medik

My apologies if I misunderstood. Is this a way to apply alternative ROMs even on models with locked bootloaders and the ADB Commands stripped out such as the H 933? I know you said already that it will work on any variant but I had lost hope that this model would ever allow modding of the rum. I just want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding the intention of your guide.

It clearly says in the title of the thread and in the requirements that you can only flash full official (stock) firmware using this method...
Nothing custom. Everything needs to be RSA signed by LG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astikv

thank you. I would love to try the MIUI ROM on this device.

Like above, only official (stock), LG signed and blessed firmware can be flashed using this method.
The Following User Says Thank You to padmanek For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift padmanek Ad-Free
22nd January 2018, 06:56 PM |#6  
Flag The Hammer!
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Quote:

It clearly says in the title of the thread and in the requirements that you can only flash full official (stock) firmware using this method...

Like above, only official (stock), LG signed and blessed firmware can be flashed using this method.

Oh well, wishful thinking amd my mistake. I read it as upgrade or downgrade (eg various images) or restore stock.

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk
22nd January 2018, 08:07 PM |#7  
Flag firenze
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:

I meant in 1 future.
23rd January 2018, 02:54 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:

Requirements:

Only fully official, LG signed and blessed, unmodified firmware can be flashed using this method. No custom roms or recoveries!

Lets go:
  8. Launch LGUP.exe
  11. Click Start!

Out of interest, will this work on a rooted V30. I seem to struggle to get LGUP to boot my phone into download mode. Is it because I have twrp as recovery?

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk
23rd January 2018, 03:17 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoble06

Out of interest, will this work on a rooted V30. I seem to struggle to get LGUP to boot my phone into download mode. Is it because I have twrp as recovery?

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

It will work as long as your /laf partition is in tact. It containts the DL mode. It has nothing to do with /recovery partition where you most likely flashed TWRP.
Read this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/v20...-root-t3676011
23rd January 2018, 03:24 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Just so I don't brick my device, I have an H930DS, therefore any firmware marked for this model (https://lg-firmwares.com/lg-h930ds-firmwares/), regardless of region, would work on my phone? My phone is currently on HK region version, can I flash the Indian firmware for the same model?
23rd January 2018, 04:33 PM |#11  
Toronto, Ontario, Canada/Hampton, Virginia, USA
Thanks Meter: 836

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasc

Just so I don't brick my device, I have an H930DS, therefore any firmware marked for this model (https://lg-firmwares.com/lg-h930ds-firmwares/), regardless of region, would work on my phone? My phone is currently on HK region version, can I flash the Indian firmware for the same model?

Probably not but feel free to try it and let us know how that goes.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dll, firmware, flashing, lgup, v30

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)