FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[H930] New Pie build V30q with Sep 1, 2019 security patch is here!

107 posts
Thanks Meter: 64

By mateus.sc, Senior Member on 9th September 2019, 02:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Running this build since last weekend and is fire.
I can confirm performance(like RAM management) and smoothness are improved, the overlaping notifications is fixed as well and even LG's terrible gesture navigation implementation seems refined (I recommend using FluidNG to have back gestures as a complement). Battery is fine tho

Quote:

Please don't try using OTA if you're rooted.
If you are already on PIE V30B rooted IS EASIER to Backup you data, Restore the provided TWRP v30q BACKUP, then RESTORE your data and root . Latest stock version and all your data intact.

H930 Pie V30b KDZ: https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1RB6i...xport=download
H930V30q OTA file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1De...GhwByRM2IQ5G26
You must use Patched LGUP for this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1haY...ew?usp=sharing

OFFICIAL PROCEDURE

1. First you must flash V30b H930 PIE KDZ.
2. Run LGUP_Install_Ver_1_14_3.msi and install it.
3. Replace the files in LGUP directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP) with the files stored in downloaded LGUP Patch folder, after connect phone in file transfer mode (MTP mode)
4. Open LGUP, select FOTA Upgrade and load LGH930AT-V30b-to-V30q-EUR-XX-SEP-02-2019.up
6. Click start.

TWRP RESTORE ALTERNATIVE

Requirements
Unlocked bootloader and working TWRP.

Steps to install
1. Download the .zip file and unzip it in your desktop.
2. Cut the extracted folder to V30+\Internal Memory\TWRP\BACKUPS\LGH930XXXXXXX folder, which store TWRP's backups.
3. Reboot device in TWRP and restore 2019-09-09--PieV30q_PKQ1190414001 backup, all partitions are fine and will not mess your IMEI/carrier signal.
4. This backup is already pre-rooted(just in boot.img so you have to reflash Magisk after wiping data), dmverity-encryption off and rct disabled. A full wipe is recommended.
5. Reboot to system and that's it, you are running latest and finest stock Pie

TWRP backup download link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Js3...ew?usp=sharing

You can see in a video here:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.png
Views:	806
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	4817250  
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to mateus.sc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mateus.sc Ad-Free

9th September 2019, 02:54 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Is indian jio volte working on twrp method?
9th September 2019, 03:06 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Just a reminder: You cannot use a OTA file if TWRP is installed, the bootloader can be unlocked, but you must have stock recovery for this to work. Refurbishing V30b is advisable.
9th September 2019, 03:06 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirso.it7

Is indian jio volte working on twrp method?

You can try, but i dont think so
9th September 2019, 04:13 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 872

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateus.sc

You can try, but i dont think so

Hey thanks for the procedure.
can you please make a system dump? It'll be useful for los16 with pie blob development?
9th September 2019, 04:40 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 297

More
Congrats to the five V30 users who will get this update.
9th September 2019, 07:02 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Can I flash .kdz file with "Upgrade" (NOT Refurbish) option without losing any data? Cause I can't begin an update (the FOTA EASY UPGRADE shows for few seconds and disappearing with no results). Of course I'm working with V30b-EUR-XX version.
9th September 2019, 07:49 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
error comes out "windows cannot find WPDAPI.exe make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again" and press ok then new error comes out "0x2000, fail. mtp is not running." I can't update, please help me.
9th September 2019, 07:50 PM |#9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 11,831

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_22_online

error comes out "windows cannot find WPDAPI.exe make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again" and press ok then new error comes out "0x2000, fail. mtp is not running." I can't update, please help me.

You'll be able to when KDZ is released.

This is for people who want to run leaked, beta -- possibly buggy -- firmware. Yes, some people want that. If your wish to experiment, then that's fine as long as you realize it's not necessary to get this update...

When it's ready LG will release it officially and there will be full image KDZ available in the KDZ thread, as well as TWRP flashable zip made by an XDA Dev.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChazzMatt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChazzMatt Ad-Free
9th September 2019, 08:02 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazzMatt

You'll be able to when KDZ is released.

This is for people who want to run leaked, beta -- possibly buggy -- firmware. Yes, some people want that. If your wish to experiment, then that's fine as long as you realize it's not necessary to get this update...

When it's ready LG will release it officially and there will be full image KDZ available in the KDZ thread, as well as TWRP flashable zip made by an XDA Dev.

Buggy or not. I'm already using 30b. I have a chance to do it and I want to. Don't write me if you won't help me.
9th September 2019, 08:04 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_infinity

Hey thanks for the procedure.
can you please make a system dump? It'll be useful for los16 with pie blob development?

I provided a TWRP system backup, I believe it already does de trick right?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)