[H930] New Pie build V30q with Sep 1, 2019 security patch is here!

Search This thread

marcinb24

Aug 10, 2009
1st paragraph in OP tells the difference FROM 30q comparing to 30b.
There is also a FHD screen video showing performance and light multitasking, and the gesture navigation as well.

What do you mean? Playing FHD videos? Are they smoother?

I noticed that in the nougat movies in mkv/mp4 FHD 24fps were "smooth" and from oreo and pie 30b they slightly skipped as if the synchronization with the screen was mismatched - as a result they would see 21-22 fps with a lost frame. He lost nothing on the nougat.
Do you mean improving the liquidity of such videos in 30q?

FcBayernMinga

Feb 3, 2014
LA

I noticed that in the nougat movies in mkv/mp4 FHD 24fps were "smooth" and from oreo and pie 30b they slightly skipped as if the synchronization with the screen was mismatched - as a result they would see 21-22 fps with a lost frame. He lost nothing on the nougat.
Wtf? :confused: Simply whatch the video mate If you are unsure... :good:

OP has made a video (Screen recording) to show the Performance of the ROM , regarding the RAM Bug from 30b.

Seabass17

Sep 12, 2019
Will TWRP backup option wipe the phone clean?
I cannot 'upgrade ' to v30b. I can only use partition DL for that purpose. I am already on v30b , unrooted it and tried the FOTA, got an error ,MTP not connected.

I also got stuck there. I followed the steps up to the 'FOTA upgrade to V30q' part and when I hit start it says "Error: 0x2000, Fail!. MTP is not Running."

Koersten

Mar 1, 2012
Works great on my H930. Did the TWRP restore, erased data, caches and the restored the apps with Migrate.

mateus.sc

Aug 10, 2014
Will TWRP backup option wipe the phone clean?
I cannot 'upgrade ' to v30b. I can only use partition DL for that purpose. I am already on v30b , unrooted it and tried the FOTA, got an error ,MTP not connected.

I also got stuck there. I followed the steps up to the 'FOTA upgrade to V30q' part and when I hit start it says "Error: 0x2000, Fail!. MTP is not Running."

Try using this dll https://mega.nz/#!YgJBDAqa!UNLvjwNtJQ1nxKtP3JjJMtP1GlpyNiE8nsa8ty72wXI . Replace it the file named LGUP_Common.dll in C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model\common

Reactions: ranahan

mateus.sc

Aug 10, 2014

You can test video playback in 30q, but I was refering to the screen recording I did to showcase the update

SkeletMastrr

Oct 23, 2016

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Hello, can install this into us998 ??
You assume all responsibility if you mess up your phone. I do not recommend even partially cross flashing North American variants with EU H930.

Yes, there is a guide someone wrote. But if you try to go back to US998 firmware in the future you will have issues.

It's better just to wait for US998 Pie or the the most recent US998 Pie beta if you just can't wait.

It's up to you.

Last edited:

pvillasuso

Apr 16, 2007
twrp backup

2019-09-09--PieV30q_PKQ1190414001.zip

Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator.

:crying:

Edit: It's up online again , sorry

Last edited:

mateus.sc

Aug 10, 2014
I tried everything, tried it installing on another pc, tried dualmode lgup, same mtp error message. Thanks for the suggestions.

You can try install LGUP_Common_DLL_Ver_1_0_28_5.msi , i'm having the same error that day too, problem gone after installed this.

source -- https://www.xda-developers.com/lg-v30-android-9-pie-beta-leaks/

Back in June when I first tried local OTA updating I got this MTP error and this newer DLL version helped from what I can remeber.. Thank you @Slipknotera for the tip :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Running this build since last weekend and is fire.
    I can confirm performance(like RAM management) and smoothness are improved, the overlaping notifications is fixed as well and even LG's terrible gesture navigation implementation seems refined (I recommend using FluidNG to have back gestures as a complement). Battery is fine tho

Please don't try using OTA if you're rooted.
    If you are already on PIE V30B rooted IS EASIER to Backup you data, Restore the provided TWRP v30q BACKUP, then RESTORE your data and root :) . Latest stock version and all your data intact.

H930 Pie V30b KDZ: https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1RB6idQ9XrgtPm6TscT0uFG9IEmNIp_G-&export=download
    H930V30q OTA file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DeZeGltktcFg9FHAGPGhwByRM2IQ5G26
    You must use Patched LGUP for this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1haYE2RzoP6m45SoMO4hgNsPEc7LMP3q6/view?usp=sharing

OFFICIAL PROCEDURE

1. First you must flash V30b H930 PIE KDZ.
    2. Run LGUP_Install_Ver_1_14_3.msi and install it.
    3. Replace the files in LGUP directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP) with the files stored in downloaded LGUP Patch folder, after connect phone in file transfer mode (MTP mode)
    4. Open LGUP, select FOTA Upgrade and load LGH930AT-V30b-to-V30q-EUR-XX-SEP-02-2019.up
    6. Click start.

TWRP RESTORE ALTERNATIVE

Requirements
    Unlocked bootloader and working TWRP.

Steps to install
    1. Download the .zip file and unzip it in your desktop.
    2. Cut the extracted folder to V30+\Internal Memory\TWRP\BACKUPS\LGH930XXXXXXX folder, which store TWRP's backups.
    3. Reboot device in TWRP and restore 2019-09-09--PieV30q_PKQ1190414001 backup, all partitions are fine and will not mess your IMEI/carrier signal.
    4. This backup is already pre-rooted(just in boot.img so you have to reflash Magisk after wiping data), dmverity-encryption off and rct disabled. A full wipe is recommended.
    5. Reboot to system and that's it, you are running latest and finest stock Pie :good:

TWRP backup download link
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Js3ltgvWkavdx1lpalFwaYil5ThkXafI/view?usp=sharing

You can see in a video here:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChazzMatt
    You'll be able to when KDZ is released.

This is for people who want to run leaked, beta -- possibly buggy -- firmware. Yes, some people want that. If your wish to experiment, then that's fine as long as you realize it's not necessary to get this update...

When it's ready LG will release it officially and there will be full image KDZ available in the KDZ thread, as well as TWRP flashable zip made by an XDA Dev.

Buggy or not. I'm already using 30b. I have a chance to do it and I want to. Don't write me if you won't help me.

Why are you making such a statement. It appears that you are new on this forum. ChazzMatt has been one of the pillars sustaining this thread and painstakingly helped hundreds explaining steps on bootloader unlock, frankenstein etc. and explaining things over and over to those who appear confused or who fail to read instructions to the extent that I sometime about how dedicated he is to this thread and yet you can make such a statement?
    For those who are already on 30b. I did the following and it worked perfectly:-

1. Backup current 30b ROM in TWRP.
    2. Wipe system, data, Cache
    3. Restore 30q(System and boot). Reboot
    4. Go back to twrp, Wipe data only
    5. Use backup from first step and restore ONLY DATA.
    6. Reboot and enjoy.
    Info for other users:
    I successfully restored the TWRP Backup on my H930...

it works flawlessly and the ROM ist really quite fast!
    error comes out "windows cannot find WPDAPI.exe make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again" and press ok then new error comes out "0x2000, fail. mtp is not running." I can't update, please help me.
    You'll be able to when KDZ is released.

This is for people who want to run leaked, beta -- possibly buggy -- firmware. Yes, some people want that. If your wish to experiment, then that's fine as long as you realize it's not necessary to get this update...

When it's ready LG will release it officially and there will be full image KDZ available in the KDZ thread, as well as TWRP flashable zip made by an XDA Dev.