FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

H931 AOSP or LOS roms?

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Truvaldak, Junior Member on 5th July 2018, 03:48 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Heyo! Just recently rooted my H931 by following first the Frankenstein guide, then the WTF guide.

Anyways, I've tried both RR and LOS roms on the phone, and both end up being a bootloop. LGUP says its recognized as a US998, thanks to the frankenstein guide, so I figured Id have been able to use those kinds of custom roms.

So, has anyone with an AT&T lg v30 (h931) had any success with AOSP or LOS roms? If not, do we have any idea what causes the bootloops?

5th July 2018, 07:27 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 263

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truvaldak

Heyo! Just recently rooted my H931 by following first the Frankenstein guide, then the WTF guide.

Anyways, I've tried both RR and LOS roms on the phone, and both end up being a bootloop. LGUP says its recognized as a US998, thanks to the frankenstein guide, so I figured Id have been able to use those kinds of custom roms.

So, has anyone with an AT&T lg v30 (h931) had any success with AOSP or LOS roms? If not, do we have any idea what causes the bootloops?

what error show in twrp? (i.e los rom is vendor mount error for some devices)

and dirty flash or clean flash
5th July 2018, 07:55 AM |#3  
Recognized Developer
Flag Leibnitz
Thanks Meter: 1,602

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxanMoe

what error show in twrp? (i.e los rom is vendor mount error for some devices)

and dirty flash or clean flash

The problem is well known. Its just bootlooping....
Idk why yet, logs dont really show anything, atleast i dont see it
The Following User Says Thank You to SGCMarkus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th July 2018, 08:24 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
I'm not sure the Los rom I used needed a vendor repartition, because I was given no errors when flashing.

I'm terms of clean/dirty, for both roms I did a clean flash I think. Factory reset and wipe through twrp, then flash.
8th July 2018, 09:09 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
So, I think, and I'm probably wrong, that what's causing these bootloops is in the kernel. I don't have any logs to back this up, but I flashed the Lunar Kernel you can find here on this site, and my phone would boot up, then instantly shut back off. Not the same as a bootloop, but it just makes me think that whatever custom kernel is being used for AOSP or Los rooms has some sort of incompatibility with the H931

Maybe they're two entirely unrelated issues though.
8th July 2018, 11:27 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

So, I think, and I'm probably wrong, that what's causing these bootloops is in the kernel. I don't have any logs to back this up, but I flashed the Lunar Kernel you can find here on this site, and my phone would boot up, then instantly shut back off. Not the same as a bootloop, but it just makes me think that whatever custom kernel is being used for AOSP or Los rooms has some sort of incompatibility with the H931

Maybe they're two entirely unrelated issues though.

I remember reading in a other thread that the kernel performs a firmware check against the devices ID before booting and that our att Franken phones still say they are a different phone somewhere. I believe it's just an aosp/Los thing because LG probably doesn't check the device type when installed as they perform the version control at the install level (ie. there are different kernels for different models rather than all using the same one)
8th July 2018, 11:37 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaMaverick

I remember reading in a other thread that the kernel performs a firmware check against the devices ID before booting and that our att Franken phones still say they are a different phone somewhere. I believe it's just an aosp/Los thing because LG probably doesn't check the device type when installed as they perform the version control at the install level (ie. there are different kernels for different models rather than all using the same one)

If anything, we could try to develop an aosp/Los kernel specifically for the att franken phones, and test that out.. it's probably no walk in the park to do so, though. I have no experience doing that kind of stuff either, so I'm not much help.
10th July 2018, 11:16 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
I was browsing forum posts for custom roms, and it seems some people have had luck flashing a custom room over 20a us998 stock firmware, versus 20b. I'm going to try this out on the H931, see if that works
11th July 2018, 12:56 AM |#9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 10,533

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I was browsing forum posts for custom roms, and it seems some people have had luck flashing a custom room over 20a us998 stock firmware, versus 20b. I'm going to try this out on the H931, see if that works

You probably shouldn't install US998 KDZ onto European H931, if that is what you are suggesting.
11th July 2018, 01:20 AM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazzMatt

You probably shouldn't install US998 KDZ onto European H931, if that is what you are suggesting.

Nah, At&t h931. After flashing 20a, and then flashing an aosp room (dotos), it still bootloops. In other words, no luck.
11th July 2018, 01:34 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:

Nah, At&t h931. After flashing 20a, and then flashing an aosp room (dotos), it still bootloops. In other words, no luck.

Thanks for trying this, i was just about to do this. I can only boot successful on stock roms.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)