FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

LG V30 with Android PIE 9.0

504 posts
Thanks Meter: 331

By asialove2013, Senior Member on 28th November 2018, 08:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
The LG V30 US998*running*Android Pie 9.0 was spotted in the GeekBench database.

https://www.mylgphones.com/unlocked-...droid-pie.html
https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/11025404

Is it with Android 9.0 from LG official or a custom AOSP Android 9.0 ROM?

28th November 2018, 09:50 AM |#2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Leibnitz
Thanks Meter: 1,580

Donate to Me
More
Very very very very doubtful its official LG, especially because its the US variant, first all korean variants will get the update, and then, some time later the others will
The Following User Says Thank You to SGCMarkus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th November 2018, 03:30 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 319

More
We're supposed to get Pie in Q1 of 2019 according to LG.

But I wouldn't hold your breath. They certainly won't release it before that time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TPMJB For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TPMJB Ad-Free
28th November 2018, 04:07 PM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 10,476

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPMJB

We're supposed to get Pie in Q1 of 2019 according to LG.

But I wouldn't hold your breath. They certainly won't release it before that time.

Where does LG say that? They never give a timeline or date prediction that I've seen. Don't trust various sites stating when they predict LG will give Pie.

Also, first ones to get PIE we'll be Korean carrier variants -- yeah, possibly Q1 2019... But everyone else will be months after that. Will be at least Q2 for rest of us, just like Oreo earlier this year.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChazzMatt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChazzMatt Ad-Free
28th November 2018, 04:44 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 319

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazzMatt

Where does LG say that? They never give a timeline or date prediction that I've seen. Don't trust various sites stating when they think LG will give Pie.

Also, first ones to get PIE we'll be Korean carrier variants -- yeah, possibly Q1 2019... But everyone else will be months after that. Will be at least Q2, just like Oreo earlier this year.

Someone posted a source that cited LG in some other thread. I forget. I thought it was a legit source, but I could be mistaken
30th November 2018, 02:31 AM |#6  
Flag TESCO
Thanks Meter: 94

More
I decide to e-mail to LG with knowledge that they not gonna tell me truth and see what they said Anyway Im changing phone soon so for me they can do what they want.. Soo long we had to wait for Oreo.. Samsung Huawei Nokia etc have Pie already but LG decide to do 3 more phones instead of sustem update.. Maybe in 2019 they will say something official..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-11-30-02-28-02.jpg
Views:	2692
Size:	256.2 KB
ID:	4655113  
30th November 2018, 06:37 AM |#7  
Recognized Developer
Flag Leibnitz

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip3rPolska

I decide to e-mail to LG with knowledge that they not gonna tell me truth and see what they said Anyway Im changing phone soon so for me they can do what they want.. Soo long we had to wait for Oreo.. Samsung Huawei Nokia etc have Pie already but LG decide to do 3 more phones instead of sustem update.. Maybe in 2019 they will say something official..

The tech support usually, even if they would have the information (which by far isnt always the case, who would give some confidential information to basically the lowest people in the hirachy?), not allowed to tell that anyone.
Thats the sad thing about that :/
18th January 2019, 03:48 AM |#8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 10,476

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Where does LG say that? They never give a timeline or date prediction that I've seen. Don't trust various sites stating when they predict LG will give Pie.

Also, first ones to get PIE we'll be Korean carrier variants -- yeah, possibly Q1 2019... But everyone else will be months after that. Will be at least Q2 for rest of us, just like Oreo earlier this year.

Just like I said -- by end of 2nd quarter for V30. I KNEW that was the plan! See here:

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/0...0-are-up-next/
Quote:

Android 9 Pie started rolling out to the Korean G7 today, but other models will have to wait longer. LG's schedule says the V35 will also get Pie in Q1 2019 (which ends March 31), but the V40, V30, and V30S will have to wait until Q2 2019 (ends on June 30). The G6, V20, and Q8 are expected to receive Pie in Q3, and the Q9 and X5 will get it by the end of the year.

18th January 2019, 06:39 AM |#9  
Flag kolkata
Thanks Meter: 145

More
Lg v30 in q2 in korea not sure about other region
https://www.fonearena.com/blog/27317...40-v30-g6.html
18th January 2019, 07:22 AM |#10  
Recognized Developer
Flag Leibnitz

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Just like I said -- by end of 2nd quarter for V30. I KNEW that was the plan! See here:

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/0...0-are-up-next/

G7, V35 and V40 are soooooo similiar, hardware wise, software probably isnt that different either...
You can use the V40 vendor partition on a G7... (just camera and so will have problems)
How do they manage to get there such delays... I surely wonder what they "engineers" there are doing all day long...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SGCMarkus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd January 2019, 06:41 PM |#11  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 239

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGCMarkus

G7, V35 and V40 are soooooo similiar, hardware wise, software probably isnt that different either...
You can use the V40 vendor partition on a G7... (just camera and so will have problems)
How do they manage to get there such delays... I surely wonder what they "engineers" there are doing all day long...

Marketing? Why rush to update the "old" models when you are struggling to sell the new ones.
Or was that a rhetorical question?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)