FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Magisk Module] AnxiousV30 (v233)

1,334 posts
Thanks Meter: 990

By TotallyAnxious, Senior Member on 9th November 2018, 11:56 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Here's a magisk module I originally made when I was using my HTC 10. I updated it to work with my V30. I was around module number 120 something on the 10 and started back at 1 for the V30. The module is most likely only going to work perfectly for North American Variants or ROMs based on them and those in the United States (gps mod won't break non US gps, just might be marginally slower for those elsewhere, it just defaults to the US ntp server). This has and always will be made for my personal use. It's really up to you to troubleshoot it with your setup, if issues occur.

What the module does/is:

--|Disables|--
Various UI Sounds;

--|Enables|--
All Lockscreen Weather Animations, Anxious Kernel Script, DTS:X 3D Surround, Dual Speaker for North American Variants, EmojiOne 4.5 w/ Water Gun, Falsified Advanced DAC Mode, G7/V40 App Profiles, G7/V40 Camera Features (Google Lens, Rear Portrait Mode, Stickers, Super Bright Camera, Updated AI & Filter Data, Updated Camera App, Updated Gallery App), Google Phone (Stable), Google Sans, Pixel Roboto & Various Other Fonts, Pixel WiFi Mod, Sunshower as Default Alarm, QMemo+ 7, The big adventure as Default Ringtone, Updated Relevant System Overlays, US GPS Config, YouTube Vanced (Black), V40 Equalizer Settings;

Support:

Unless you're using a North American base and provide enough details of your setup/issue, I probably won't provide a lot of support.

It's probably always best the be on the lastest release for whatever model you're running. Just to avoid possible feature conflicts.

This module is created from parts and pieces of other modules and other things I've found online, some pieces remain in original form and others were edited for my needs. If you want to be credited in the OP, just let me know, I did not keep track of where everything came from or if I obtained stuff from someone who was/wasn't the creator.

Download(s) for v233:

https://mega.nz/#!hPgVVYib!0edoKtyC7...rgbXr5icBOBKoo

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...89523397961519

md5: 8e699660de5f1eee0a0c373d6c116b88

Changelog:
Search for "v1*", "v2*", etc for all possible change/release-logs. * meaning any number between 0-9 (ex. v22=v220-229, v23=v230-239.). Or the exact version number for that specific release. Obviously the first method is limited to 10 possible logs per search.

Personal Testing/Usage:
v203 (and up) - 20j for the VS996
v180-v201 - 20i for the VS996
v150-v178 - 20g for the VS996.
v149 (and below) - 20e for the US998.

Magisk:
This module only supports magisk 18+. Bug reports from beta versions of magisk will likely not be investigated.

Uninstalling magisk and reinstalling should always be attempted before reporting missing app issues. This module isn't super complex but it does a lot of things. It'll likely worsen any sort of partially corrupted magisk.img. So starting off with a fresh magisk installation will either fix the issue or at least help you track down the issue.

Troubleshooting/Warnings:

If Google Phone, YouTube, Camera, etc... disappears, flash in twrp, instead of magisk manager. Not sure why the magisk.img isn't always resized when a module is flashed with the manager.

Any attempts to install apps already in the module, or having them installed as a user app prior, or by copying to system can cause issues. If it does, you'll be better off just clean flashing. I don't want to figure out exactly what is wrong with your set up.

Flashing older versions over newer versions is not guaranteed to work, and will not be investigated.

If Google lens doesn't appear in the camera then make sure you have the Google lens app installed. It's just a quick link to the app really.

There's never been any issues in testing or user reports of battery drain, but if you experience it, it is probably something on your end. Since I even have a FitBit Versa (with notifications) connected almost 24/7 without any unexpected battery drain. The kernel tweaks are minimal.

If Google Phone is reported as unsupported in the Play Store then clear the Play Store's cache and data. It should work after that but a reboot might be needed sometimes.

Credit:
@RogerF81 - Pixel WiFi Mod
@JonnyTrulove - LG Equalizer Settings
@Dante63 - Dual Speaker concept
@Whiskeyomega - Dual Speaker V30 h*** Variants
@ChazzMatt - User Support
@LameMonster82 - G7 System/Vendor dumps
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to TotallyAnxious For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TotallyAnxious Ad-Free

10th November 2018, 02:39 AM |#2  
Flag Los Osos
Thanks Meter: 1,548

Donate to Me
More
Gonna try on LS998 on Dirty Unicorn 9.0 will give you feedback

But question what if I already have Google dialer and YouTube Vanced?
10th November 2018, 02:42 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainz_Ooal_Gown

Gonna try on LS998 on Dirty Unicorn 9.0 will give you feedback

It's only been tested on US998 ROMs. There's nothing specifically in it for stock ROMs but I haven't used a 9.0 rom. Like how files moved locations from nougat to Oreo, something similar might have happened with pie

There will likely be conflicts if you have either installed via magisks. If you want the other parts of my mod just edit it.

Magisk modules are incredibly easy to edit.
The Following User Says Thank You to TotallyAnxious For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TotallyAnxious Ad-Free
10th November 2018, 02:49 AM |#4  
Flag Los Osos

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAnxious

It's only been tested on US998 ROMs. There's nothing specifically in it for stock ROMs but I haven't used a 9.0 rom. Like how files moved locations from nougat to Oreo, something similar might have happened with pie

There will likely be conflicts if you have either installed via magisks. If you want the other parts of my mod just edit it.

Magisk modules are incredibly easy to edit.

Ahhh okay for sure I have Vanced via Magisk but Google dialer as an apk install for black mode
10th November 2018, 02:52 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Ahhh okay for sure I have Vanced via Magisk but Google dialer as an apk install for black mode

It's the stock Google dialer in the mod. It's better to just edit the preferences in data/data so you can still use all the features like spam stuff.

YouTube Vanced will work with only the official mod or mine. The official one just has more code to determine arm Vs arm 64 vs x86 etc. There's no apk difference.
The Following User Says Thank You to TotallyAnxious For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TotallyAnxious Ad-Free
10th November 2018, 02:56 AM |#6  
Flag Los Osos

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It's the stock Google dialer in the mod. It's better to just edit the preferences in data/data so you can still use all the features like spam stuff.

Okay so everything except for Vanced installed for 9.0 rom and I got the stock Google dialer....dual speaker mod is the best
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ainz_Ooal_Gown For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ainz_Ooal_Gown Ad-Free
10th November 2018, 02:58 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Okay so everything except for Vanced installed for 9.0 rom and I got the stock Google dialer....dual speaker mod is the best

The dual speaker mod is essentially the same as the one whiskey something made. I just compared his files to the stock one on US998 and made edits. To ensure it worked with us998

I can't guarantee there being non issues with a non stock based kernel. There's support for overclocking in the scripting as well as underclock. But I haven't been on an aosp rom since I had the One M8.
10th November 2018, 03:02 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

The dual speaker mod is essentially the same as the one whiskey something made. I just compared his files to the stock one on US998 and made edits. To ensure it worked with us998

I can't guarantee there being non issues with a non stock based kernel. There's support for overclocking in the scripting as well as underclock. But I haven't been on an aosp rom since I had the One M8.

If you any other modules installed besides the ones I have, I can't guarantee stability.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture+_2018-11-09-22-01-55.jpg
Views:	2086
Size:	251.5 KB
ID:	4638750  
10th November 2018, 03:18 AM |#9  
Flag Los Osos

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

If you any other modules installed besides the ones I have, I can't guarantee stability.

Okay for sure

---------- Post added at 04:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 AM ----------

Well I don't know how to edit a magical module...and if I try to extract it it says it's empty .-.
10th November 2018, 03:23 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Okay for sure

---------- Post added at 04:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 AM ----------

Well I don't know how to edit a magical module...and if I try to extract it it says it's empty .-.

That doesn't make sense. A magisk module is just a zip archive. Extract it like a normal zip. Read over the magisk developer threads to understand how everything works. It's user friendly in my opinion. For basic app adding, removing, file changing all you do is place them in the system folder in the same location they'd be in the rom.
10th November 2018, 03:26 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
This should help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture+_2018-11-09-22-25-47.jpg
Views:	6312
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	4638761   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture+_2018-11-09-22-26-08.jpg