FORUMS

[Fix] High Impedance Mode All The time

183 posts
Thanks Meter: 316

By Whiskeyomega, Senior Member on 2nd January 2018, 05:56 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Thanks to DTDMike & SeptFox

I found a little difference from the mod for the V20 but got it working with a slight edit for the V30's config

Volume will now be louder but LG Hi-fi checker will still say normal mode. Root is needed at the moment.
Copy file into /system/etc and override existing one
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Whiskeyomega For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Whiskeyomega Ad-Free
2nd January 2018, 08:08 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 343

More
Suggestion: fully document the changes you're making, so future generations aren't in the situation that you guys were in the other thread/people can just do the changes themselves (in case other modifications are present, e. g. I plan on modifying mine so v4a can affect ringtones/notifications, copying your file would overwrite that).

The LG app not showing the right mode isn't encouraging, would seem to suggest it's just blindly writing settings based on the headset type it thinks is plugged in, without reading anything first... a bit sloppy and potentially unsafe in my opinion.
The Following User Says Thank You to Septfox For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Septfox Ad-Free
2nd January 2018, 11:36 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 316

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Septfox

Suggestion: fully document the changes you're making, so future generations aren't in the situation that you guys were in the other thread/people can just do the changes themselves (in case other modifications are present, e. g. I plan on modifying mine so v4a can affect ringtones/notifications, copying your file would overwrite that).

The LG app not showing the right mode isn't encouraging, would seem to suggest it's just blindly writing settings based on the headset type it thinks is plugged in, without reading anything first... a bit sloppy and potentially unsafe in my opinion.

Yep was going to and forgot

Code:
<!-- ESS DAC START -->
    <path name="headphones-hifi-dac">
        <ctl name="Es9018 AVC Volume" value="0" />
        <ctl name="Es9018 Master Volume" value="0" />
        <ctl name="Es9018 HEADSET TYPE" value="2" />
    </path>
Is the change made in mixer_paths_tavil.xml
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Whiskeyomega For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Whiskeyomega Ad-Free
5th January 2018, 06:04 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Works great!

Though I could not find a way to remount /system/etc as r/w when booted up whether in a file explorer or termux.

Mounting /system as r/w in twrp and using the terminal to manually change the values from there worked though.
11th January 2018, 11:12 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
So there is no other way to install it without rooting my device if no, Then how do i root my V30 ?
The Following User Says Thank You to rm8226 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rm8226 Ad-Free
13th January 2018, 03:28 AM |#6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 14,383

Donate to Me
More
EDIT: ALL V30/V30+/V30S can now be bootloader unlocked and rooted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm8226

So there is no other way to install it without rooting my device if no, Then how do i root my V30 ?

You need a V30/V30+ variant which is on the LG Developer Bootloader unlock list. There's instructions down in the development section, if you have one of those phones.

Right now there's two European phones on there, but soon the open market US998 V30/V30+ should be placed on there.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChazzMatt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChazzMatt Ad-Free
13th January 2018, 06:34 PM |#7  

More
Thank you, but I just replaced the file with ES File Explorer end rebooted the phone and now there's no audio at all

edit: H930 no branding

edit2: ouch, I found my mistake, i replaced the file in /etc, not system/etc... Can someone please send me the file from /etc?

edit3: no reading permissions. I apologize and will return to my abyss of shame...
14th January 2018, 03:25 PM |#8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 14,383

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullzeit

Thank you, but I just replaced the file with ES File Explorer end rebooted the phone and now there's no audio at all

edit: H930 no branding

edit2: ouch, I found my mistake, i replaced the file in /etc, not system/etc... Can someone please send me the file from /etc?

edit3: no reading permissions. I apologize and will return to my abyss of shame...

But you are rooted and everything is fine now?
14th January 2018, 04:31 PM |#9  

More
Yes, the file just did not have reading permissions for some reason. Now it works like a charm, unbelievable sound in combination with v4a . Thank you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nullzeit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nullzeit Ad-Free
25th February 2018, 10:50 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullzeit

Yes, the file just did not have reading permissions for some reason. Now it works like a charm, unbelievable sound in combination with v4a . Thank you.

truth. unbelievable sound with V4A... and even better with WETA drivers on the WETA rom. HIM volume is a life saver. dream phone!
28th February 2018, 11:25 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Apologies for a total noob question, but I am stuck.

I successfully unlocked the bootloader on my v30 via LG dev site (status=unlocked and I get the extra boot screen), but cannot copy the .xml to /system/etc. with ES file explorer, I have no write permissions.

I tried to enable 'root explorer' in the ES file explorer settings, but got the message "sorry test failed, this feature cannot run on your device".

I can only assume that unlocking the bootloader does not equal a rooted system. The app root checker confirms this, I have no root permissions.

What steps am I missing?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)