FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Magisk Module] Stock DTS Tuning Module

610 posts
Thanks Meter: 951
 
Post Reply Email Thread
STOCK DTS:X TUNING


Introducing a Unity based audio magisk module. Completely AML Compatible. This module is not just for LG v30 but all LGs (or any other device) that have an audio_effects_tune.xml file. This is the file that the OEM uses to tune the presets. Please test and let me know what you guys think. Eventually im going to expand on this and create profiles selectable via vol keys during install. Profiles would be like Light Tuning, Medium Tuning and Aggressive Tuning. If you guys enjoy or have any ideas on how to expand on this please let me know. All 3 presets are tuned so please try them all out. Thanks! and Enjoy

HOW TO INSTALL

Flash in Magisk Manager or in TWRP

If you enjoy and would like to help me out with deving then please fell free to donate!

Just give a thanks if you like the zip!
You want to help me with a [donation?] Not asking for it, I have fun doing this for you, but feel free...
Attached Files
File Type: zip LG_DTS_Tune_Module.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.01 MB, 746 views)
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to JohnFawkes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JohnFawkes Ad-Free
 
 
12th April 2019, 04:58 PM |#2  
Member
Flag Roseau
Thanks Meter: 14
 
Donate to Me
More
Installed to try out but kinda confused.
didn't notice anything new or different in the "sound quality and effects" or "DTS:X 3D Surround"

would you mind guiding me?
12th April 2019, 05:26 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 951
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerdelgreen767

Installed to try out but kinda confused.
didn't notice anything new or different in the "sound quality and effects" or "DTS:X 3D Surround"

would you mind guiding me?

There won't be anything new. I just tuned the already included presets. They sound different
12th April 2019, 06:27 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 144
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFawkes

There won't be anything new. I just tuned the already included presets. They sound different

"Different" in a good way? Thanks.
13th April 2019, 11:57 AM |#5  
Jilano34's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Just flashed, I am feeling a HUGE difference with "side to side" ! Maybe it's placebo, I'll try it for a few hours and revert back to unmodded.
Different preset chosen at flash time could be a good idea, but the best feature would obviously be adding these presets in the audio menu (like with the equaliser)... But it would require too much work right ?
Thanks for the module !
13th April 2019, 03:17 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 951
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilano34

Just flashed, I am feeling a HUGE difference with "side to side" ! Maybe it's placebo, I'll try it for a few hours and revert back to unmodded.
Different preset chosen at flash time could be a good idea, but the best feature would obviously be adding these presets in the audio menu (like with the equaliser)... But it would require too much work right ?
Thanks for the module !

Not presets but tuning profiles. A light, medium and aggressive. The profile i have now in the zip is aggressive. Basically all tunings set to max
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JohnFawkes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JohnFawkes Ad-Free
16th April 2019, 10:19 PM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
ill test it next couple of days and then uninstall mod for comparison. So far it seems the same to me >.> DTS is great though. I wonder if there is any other android with sound over bluetooth as good as this
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IshsXda For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IshsXda Ad-Free
16th April 2019, 10:33 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 951
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshsXda

ill test it next couple of days and then uninstall mod for comparison. So far it seems the same to me >.> DTS is great though. I wonder if there is any other android with sound over bluetooth as good as this

Some people on g7 said only one of the things I'm tuning in the file actually works. I'm not sure but over the next couple of days I'm going to decompile the settings apk and see if I can find what dts is looking for when the presets are changed
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnFawkes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JohnFawkes Ad-Free
17th April 2019, 05:51 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,319
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshsXda

ill test it next couple of days and then uninstall mod for comparison. So far it seems the same to me >.> DTS is great though. I wonder if there is any other android with sound over bluetooth as good as this

That's actually a good point. It's kind of shocking I haven't seen any recent LG reviews talking about this. They all say LG has great wired audio, but nothing about Bluetooth.
Looks like LG needs to do some advertising.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TotallyAnxious For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TotallyAnxious Ad-Free
17th April 2019, 07:41 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 951
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAnxious

That's actually a good point. It's kind of shocking I haven't seen any recent LG reviews talking about this. They all say LG has great wired audio, but nothing about Bluetooth.
Looks like LG needs to do some advertising.

Probably the asus Zenfone series imo. It's the device my team ported dts hpx from. Asus has the best dts hands down
19th May 2019, 02:25 AM |#11  
xypnise's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
I've been using this mod for a few days now and I have to admit that the sound is great, especially 'side to side' which is super juicy and can drive my 250ohms more easily then before
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes