FORUMS

LG V40 update

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By sanchit279, Junior Member on 9th April 2020, 02:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Just received update for my LG V40(India). Update size 710 MB. Change log did not have much detail about the update. These are some changes that I found.
- WiFi Calling
- Screen Recorder
- Digital WellBeing
- Status Bar icons : Digital WellBeing : grayscale, focus mode , WiFi Calling
- Security patch : March 2020

One issue : Battery usage graph is not visible.

Screenshots :
ibb.co/P9f294B
ibb.co/dkm9G5X
ibb.co/vQkMNL9
ibb.co/m0Tz3NG
ibb.co/K9q3WL3
The Following User Says Thank You to sanchit279 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sanchit279 Ad-Free
10th April 2020, 10:54 AM |#2  
Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 28

More
I think the battery usage chart will appear once you charge your battery to 100% after the update. Any other differences did you noticed?
The Following User Says Thank You to navazsayani For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift navazsayani Ad-Free
10th April 2020, 07:44 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 430

More
@sanchit279 Which theme are you using? Is it possible that it's the theme causing issues with the battery graph?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
10th April 2020, 09:46 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Yes got fixed after charged to 100%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by navazsayani

I think the battery usage chart will appear once you charge your battery to 100% after the update. Any other differences did you noticed?

No other difference...
The Following User Says Thank You to sanchit279 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sanchit279 Ad-Free
10th April 2020, 09:50 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Got fixed after charging 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by miz_pimp

@sanchit279 Which theme are you using? Is it possible that it's the theme causing issues with the battery graph?

Theme : Pixel experience dark

Try this themes (playstore) :
- G theme 3 lg v40
- Twilight lg v40
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sanchit279 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sanchit279 Ad-Free
11th April 2020, 11:03 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 430

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchit279

Theme : Pixel experience dark

Try this themes (playstore) :

- G theme 3 lg v40

- Twilight lg v40

Thanks, I already have pixel experience dark, but what I meant was, that it might be the theme causing issues with your battery graph. Have you tried setting the default theme, to see if the graph shows?

15th April 2020, 05:20 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Update for LG V40, India
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchit279

Just received update for my LG V40(India). Update size 710 MB. Change log did not have much detail about the update. These are some changes that I found.
- WiFi Calling
- Screen Recorder
- Digital WellBeing
- Status Bar icons : Digital WellBeing : grayscale, focus mode , WiFi Calling
- Security patch : March 2020

One issue : Battery usage graph is not visible.

Screenshots :
ibb.co/P9f294B
ibb.co/dkm9G5X
ibb.co/vQkMNL9
ibb.co/m0Tz3NG
ibb.co/K9q3WL3

What I am unable to understand is why the similar update for LG G7 ThinQ is not being made available. Basically, the only difference between V40 and G7 is that the former has OLED screen and three cameras on backside; rest all specifications are exactly same and currently both run on android 9 stock ROM.
17th April 2020, 04:22 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1,383

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kailash_52

What I am unable to understand is why the similar update for LG G7 ThinQ is not being made available. Basically, the only difference between V40 and G7 is that the former has OLED screen and three cameras on backside; rest all specifications are exactly same and currently both run on android 9 stock ROM.

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/new...-patch-2213021
17th April 2020, 06:24 AM |#9  

More
Thanks Tech_infinity for your information. I updated my LG G7 ThinQ today and after that the WiFi calling should be available, I am yet to test that.
17th April 2020, 05:16 PM |#10  

More
I would like to know what is the methode to test whether WiFi calling is working or not after installation of the update in LG G7 ThinQ. Lot of people on internet say that put mobile in Aeroplane mode and then switch ON WiFi, WiFi calling should work then. But when I tried this, I got the message that you can not make call with Aeroplane mode ON. So how to test?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)