FORUMS

LG V60 retail demo unit hard brick recovery

127 posts
Thanks Meter: 14
 
By chortya, Senior Member on 8th June 2020, 05:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all,
I have bought a retail demo unit from ebay and it worked fine. I was succesfull in removing the "Retail Mode" app, but then stupid me wanted to experiment more.
I have experience flashing V50 so I have tried LGUP with retail stock firmwares for US TMO and Verizon. It did not work. Then I tried lgup_cmd and it started cross-flashing the TMO firmware.
At around 80% the screen went completely black but the firmware flash ended successfully according to the tool.
Now the phone does not switch on at all and does not react to USB charger.

Is there any chance to unbrick?
12th June 2020, 07:47 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I feel for you. I have a really nice Demo Unit v60 from eBay as well and as much as I like it, the 50% battery limit sucks rocks. Hope you can figure out a way to get it back in order
29th June 2020, 07:33 AM |#3  
IvanN8458's Avatar
Member
Flag Monterrey
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forestkidx

I feel for you. I have a really nice Demo Unit v60 from eBay as well and as much as I like it, the 50% battery limit sucks rocks. Hope you can figure out a way to get it back in order


Hi, bro. Could you please tell me what it is different from a normal V60? Is it only no signal and battery limit? I'm planning on buying one but I'd like to be sure. Thanks in advance.
29th June 2020, 05:41 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
As far as I know only that. 50% charging can be worked around by charging switched off.
29th June 2020, 07:34 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanN8458

Hi, bro. Could you please tell me what it is different from a normal V60? Is it only no signal and battery limit? I'm planning on buying one but I'd like to be sure. Thanks in advance.

I've never found a way to get around the 50% charging capacity though that would make everything far better. I have found a way to rid retail mode and get into security settings, but charging block still remains. No fingerprint sensor, haven't gotten stylus support to work, dual screen DOES work though. Also haven't gotten a software update since March 1, though most carrier devices have.

I use mine as a WiFi device and enjoy it minus the 50% battery.

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by chortya

As far as I know only that. 50% charging can be worked around by charging switched off.

If you have a guide to get me around the 50% charging, you are god lol I've searched all over and haven't found anything except flashing a different firmware and most experiences I've come across turn out real bad
The Following User Says Thank You to Forestkidx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Forestkidx Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes