FORUMS

Stylus

24 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By BigReyn, Junior Member on 19th June 2020, 09:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm having trouble trying to get my stylus connected. I'm going to try a new battery. I purchased it from Ebay as a new open box. I'm hoping the pen is not defective. Are there specific instructions on how to connect the pen to the phone? .
19th June 2020, 10:29 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
going to need more specifics, what is the make and model of the pen?
19th June 2020, 10:34 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Virginia

More
This is the pen is BETOP Surface
Pen. When I purchased it from Ebay it was listed as a Wacom CS321AK Bamboo Ink Stylus Pen which I have seen other people use.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
19th June 2020, 11:25 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hmm, those are two different pens. I can't speak to the suitability of the BETOP pen if that's truly what you received. If you instead received the Wacom pen press and hold the two buttons at the same time for a few seconds, then bring the tip of the pen close to the V60's screen while it's turned on and the screen is awake. A pop up window will appear instructing you what to do next.
19th June 2020, 11:29 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Virginia

More
Unfortunately I didn't receive the Wacom pen. I don't think the Bestop is compatible. I will be returning it and getting a Wacom.

26th June 2020, 06:52 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Do new unless you want to gamble. I got a gen 1 for $32. Gen 2 isn't that much more. The deals come in waves, but I'd avoid open box with these. On the regular used listings, a lot of them say a button is messed up, and there's no telling if the open box one you order will be like that too.
28th June 2020, 05:42 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryankroh

Hmm, those are two different pens. I can't speak to the suitability of the BETOP pen if that's truly what you received. If you instead received the Wacom pen press and hold the two buttons at the same time for a few seconds, then bring the tip of the pen close to the V60's screen while it's turned on and the screen is awake. A pop up window will appear instructing you what to do next.

The wacom pen works. Dont know if that one will. Send it back and get the right one, and make sure they pay for shipping. You got ripped off, dont let them get away with it. The wacom pens have two modes. One is the one you need to use. The OTHER is for the surface. If you have one that works with thr surface, unless it can be switched like the wacom can, it wont work. If the seller wont pay for shipping go through ebay.

Just looked it up. The BETOP pen appears to be a cheap surface pen substitute. It sells on amazon brand new for 20 bucks. Used or open box should be around 10. There is no mention of being able to switch modes. And there is no excuse for someone advertising one, a high end premium product from a reputable manufacturer, and instead sending a cheap off brand product of unknown quality. That's strait up fraud. ID be very angry.
29th June 2020, 04:04 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Virginia

More
I was mad and went through ebay and complained. I don't know what if anything they did. I got a refund and purchased a Wacom Stylus Pen. I got it connected and it's working fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to BigReyn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BigReyn Ad-Free
Yesterday, 03:52 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Glad to hear it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)