FORUMS

5g live in Sacramento and Folsom Ca.

245 posts
Thanks Meter: 20

By pflatlyne, Senior Member on 15th May 2020, 08:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
My v60 is now getting 5g in Sacramento and Folsom but not Citrus Heights. I started getting 5g signals la at week. The speed was slow,around 5Mbps, at first, and sometimes just didnt work. (Happens on both v60s on the account, but worked fine if you I switched back to ) but now I have not had it stop for a couple of days and im getting almost 100Mbps.
16th May 2020, 07:52 PM |#2  
Flag lancaster
Thanks Meter: 758

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pflatlyne

My v60 is now getting 5g in Sacramento and Folsom but not Citrus Heights. I started getting 5g signals la at week. The speed was slow,around 5Mbps, at first, and sometimes just didnt work. (Happens on both v60s on the account, but worked fine if you I switched back to ) but now I have not had it stop for a couple of days and im getting almost 100Mbps.

Consider yourself lucky. I had to disable 5G in Southern California so it would stop searching for a non-existent channel and kill the battery.
16th May 2020, 08:34 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre4speed

Consider yourself lucky. I had to disable 5G in Southern California so it would stop searching for a non-existent channel and kill the battery.

How did you disable 5G and did it make a real difference? I'm on the Verizon version and don't recall seeing that. I have zero interest in 5G, especially if I have to pay for it, so don't have it active on my account.
17th May 2020, 04:38 PM |#4  
Flag lancaster
Thanks Meter: 758

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Mooncatt

How did you disable 5G and did it make a real difference? I'm on the Verizon version and don't recall seeing that. I have zero interest in 5G, especially if I have to pay for it, so don't have it active on my account.

Just go in connection settings and choose LTE/3G/2G auto. Yes, I've noticed about an hour or more battery life by it not searching for non-existent 5G signals.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)