LG active Pen stylus support

Search This thread

harysviewty

Oct 19, 2016
Wacom active static pen
Floating screen and handwriting-sketch available
Built-in battery … 50,000 won
LG stylus dedicated pen
LG Electronics is equipped with AES-style stylus pen recognition on the LG V60 ThinQ 5G and the new dual screen.
LG Electronics chose the stylus pen as a smartphone new weapon following the dual screen. The LG V60 ThinQ 5G supports Wacom Active Electrostatic (AES) pens, providing a free writing and creative environment.

LG Electronics has added a new Wacom AES driver IC to the LG V60 ThinQ 5G display and the new dual screen. In line with product launches in North America and Europe, LG's exclusive stylus pen will also be introduced.

It is a form of carrying a pen, not storing it in a device. It's closer to Apple's iPad and Apple Pencil than Samsung's Galaxy Note. The combination of dual screens that provide additional screens and a pen that supports free input creates a unique product identity.

The LG V60 ThinQ 5G main screen as well as the dual screen can be input with a stylus pen. You can have a video or app on one screen and write or sketch on another screen. Nebo, a handwriting app that converts handwriting, figures, and formulas into digital, is installed.

Compatible with all pens with Wacom AES. Depending on the region, the pens are said to be sold separately or as a free gift.

LG V60 ThinQ 5G
LG Electronics introduces the stylus pen support feature only on the LG V60 ThinQ 5G homepage in Europe, including Italy. In North America, it was not mentioned at the time of the product release, but the functionality is supported the same. It is interpreted as a difference according to customer demand and marketing strategy by region.

The AES, supported by the LG V60 ThinQ 5G, incorporates a battery inside the pen itself. It is similar in size and shape to a regular pen, which is advantageous in grip.

Bamboo Ink, the basic model of the Wacom AES stylus family, uses AAAA batteries and recognizes up to 4096 levels of pressure. The price is about 50,000 won, and LG's pen is also expected to be similar.

LG Electronics LG Gram Two-in-One
LG Electronics also loaded the related functions on the LG Gram Two-in-One laptop, which rotates the screen 360 degrees. The Wacom stylus pen, which comes as a standard component, is also compatible with the LG V60 ThinQ 5G.

An LG Electronics official said, “We expect the demand for smart pens will increase in the North American smartphone market, centering on 5G smartphones.”

LG Electronics will launch the LG V60 ThinQ 5G in major Asian countries except Europe and Korea this month, starting in North America. In Korea, the company will introduce a 'mass premium' model with performance at a reasonable price in the second quarter.

stepheng273

Aug 3, 2012
I can confirm that the Wacom AES based pens work on this device. I have the AT&T variant of the V60 and I'm using the pen that came with my HP Elite X2. I'm going to try to find an app that supports pressure sensitivity in these pens to see if it works on this phone.

Update: Autodesk SketchBook supports pressure, but the built in QMemo app does not seem to support in or at least i couldn't get it to work/make any noticeable difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: ROE_HUNTER

matteosaeed

I can confirm that the Wacom AES based pens work on this device. I have the AT&T variant of the V60 and I'm using the pen that came with my HP Elite X2. I'm going to try to find an app that supports pressure sensitivity in these pens to see if it works on this phone.

Update: Autodesk SketchBook supports pressure, but the built in QMemo app does not seem to support in or at least i couldn't get it to work/make any noticeable difference.

Same here. I used the pen that came with Dell XPS 15 and it works great on most apps. :good:

twospirits

Nov 28, 2007
NYC
www.S4GRU.com

I bought that LG Active Pen the OP mentioned and it works great with the V60. I also bought the Bamboo Ink and Ink Plus and both also work fine. I figure any wacom AES stylus/pen would.
All three are smooth and have pressure sensitivity. As for Qmemo and the built in Nebo apps, the pressure sensitivity does work with all 3 pens I have mentioned.

Reactions: stepheng273

wwyjoe

Apr 26, 2012
I'm able to use Bamboo Ink with LG's QuickMemo+ and Nebo apps. But when i press the Ink's side buttons, nothing happens (despite configuring the Pen key shortcut settings in the V60). Can anyone help?

wwyjoe

Apr 26, 2012
Problem solved. Just realized i need to point the stylus tip close to the screen in order to activate the side buttons!

Mejilan

Oct 16, 2010
I bought the second generation Meko stylus but just realized I used ADB to nuke LG QuickMemo+. Woops!

sonhy

Apr 23, 2006
if only the Samsung note spen would work with the v60, im not sure id be happy to carry a large pen in my pocket and the note s pen would be a perfect size... anyone know of smaller stylus that works on the LG v60?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I bought that LG Active Pen the OP mentioned and it works great with the V60. I also bought the Bamboo Ink and Ink Plus and both also work fine. I figure any wacom AES stylus/pen would.
    All three are smooth and have pressure sensitivity. As for Qmemo and the built in Nebo apps, the pressure sensitivity does work with all 3 pens I have mentioned.