No offense to any of the lg V60 owners but the ATT V60 was very bad

Search This thread

mke1

Mar 2, 2014
What am I missing? I like LG phones just fine. I am very happy with my current phone, which is the v20 (the last with interchangeable batteries?).

I mean no offense to any of the lg V60 owners but the ATT V60 was very bad. Actually junk!
With a headphone jack and better battery life than the S20, the V60 seemed to be the best available 5G.

I will detail and perhaps someone can help decipher?
1, I have been using the LG V20 for several years. I don't change phones frequently. In fact, I bought 3 of V20s and am now to the last V20.
2. I set up the V60 using the android restore and later, the LG transfer (not sure if I even needed the 2nd operation).
3. During the course of using the V60, the following occurred:
a. The symbol ATT kept recyling in an endless loop! Not sure how it even got there! Pwr+vol- reset the phone. Over the course of evening of using the phone, this endless loop appeared 3 times. I dont do anything unusual. I didn't even use the camera. i was only using firefox, chrome and a couple of basic apps. No video games, no video at all!
b. As I started using the phone, I realized there is a small lag in operations.. like it is just slower than the V20. That was surprising.. Then I realized - my old V20 is an international version - no bloatware. I wonder if bloatware slows out the phone so much? Since I have used the V20 for 3+ years, I could easily tell that the V60 is slower for my usual use - just basic use mind you! Now I have decided to never buy a carrier branded phone in the future!
c. Several times, the browsers didn't work. The google search bar worked but neither chrome nor firefox worked at times. They simply froze.
Even after one reboot they didn't start working. After 2nd reboot, they worked. This made me decide that this phone is junk and return it following day.
I went back to my old V20 and it is such a relief! It is fast and crip handling! Go figure!
d. Several times, the finger print scanner circle lit up to bright green and I had to reboot the phone to get rid of it.. The finger scanning seemed better/faster on the V20 as compared to the V60!

ps: . On the V60, Yahoo finance app kept crashing when I tried to use an xxxx@ameritech.net email address. Yahoo mail app works but not finance app. Any ideas? Yahoo finance worked fine for a yahoo.com address on V60. On the V20, the ameritech.net address works fine. Any ideas about why the ameritech.net address won't work (its the email address given to me by ATT as a part of an old internet connection). I might get a V60 once LG sells non carrier, no bloatware version directly on their website.

Last edited:

Ryano89

May 6, 2011
Indiana
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
What am I missing? I like LG phones just fine. I am very happy with my current phone, which is the v20 (the last with interchangeable batteries?).

I mean no offense to any of the lg V60 owners but the ATT V60 was very bad. Actually junk!
With a headphone jack and better battery life than the S20, the V60 seemed to be the best available 5G.

I will detail and perhaps someone can help decipher?
1, I have been using the LG V20 for several years. I don't change phones frequently. In fact, I bought 3 of V20s and am now to the last V20.
2. I set up the V60 using the android restore and later, the LG transfer (not sure if I even needed the 2nd operation).
3. During the course of using the V60, the following occurred:
a. The symbol ATT kept recyling in an endless loop! Not sure how it even got there! Pwr+vol- reset the phone. Over the course of evening of using the phone, this endless loop appeared 3 times. I dont do anything unusual. I didn't even use the camera. i was only using firefox, chrome and a couple of basic apps. No video games, no video at all!
b. As I started using the phone, I realized there is a small lag in operations.. like it is just slower than the V20. That was surprising.. Then I realized - my old V20 is an international version - no bloatware. I wonder if bloatware slows out the phone so much? Since I have used the V20 for 3+ years, I could easily tell that the V60 is slower for my usual use - just basic use mind you! Now I have decided to never buy a carrier branded phone in the future!
c. Several times, the browsers didn't work. The google search bar worked but neither chrome nor firefox worked at times. They simply froze.
Even after one reboot they didn't start working. After 2nd reboot, they worked. This made me decide that this phone is junk and return it following day.
I went back to my old V20 and it is such a relief! It is fast and crip handling! Go figure!
d. Several times, the finger print scanner circle lit up to bright green and I had to reboot the phone to get rid of it.. The finger scanning seemed better/faster on the V20 as compared to the V60!

ps: . On the V60, Yahoo finance app kept crashing when I tried to use an xxxx@ameritech.net email address. Yahoo mail app works but not finance app. Any ideas? Yahoo finance worked fine for a yahoo.com address on V60. On the V20, the ameritech.net address works fine. Any ideas about why the ameritech.net address won't work (its the email address given to me by ATT as a part of an old internet connection). I might get a V60 once LG sells non carrier, no bloatware version directly on their website.
Wow. I have the T-Mobile version and I have not had any of those problems. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. I also owned a V20, although most recently a OnePlus 6t. For me the V60 is faster than both of them. I would have personally tried a factory reset, and then set the phone up fresh without transferring everything from a 4 year old device to see if that's what caused the problem before I returned it. Either you got a faulty device, or something about transferring the information caused a problem, because the issues you were having are definitely not normal.

Mr_Mooncatt

Sep 13, 2019
I would have personally tried a factory reset, and then set the phone up fresh without transferring everything from a 4 year old device to see if that's what caused the problem before I returned it.

I'm inclined to agree, especially if this is an isolated complaint with the AT&T variant. Using transfer tools are great in theory, but there's tons of complaints like this after someone used it when upgrading their phone. Not just with LG's transfer, but across the board.

Reactions: Ryano89

Ryano89

May 6, 2011
Indiana
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
I'm inclined to agree, especially if this is an isolated complaint with the AT&T variant. Using transfer tools are great in theory, but there's tons of complaints like this after someone used it when upgrading their phone. Not just with LG's transfer, but across the board.
I agree. I've used restore tools like this with no problems in the past with no problems, but I've many stories if bugs being caused by it. Like you said, not just LG, but Samsung, OnePlus etc etc... Sometimes it either doesn't work right, or some old app that's not compatible with the newer version of Android gets transferred, it just some piece of corrupted data etc. It's definitely not specific to LG

cosine83

Apr 2, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
www.grathwohl.me
I have the AT&T V60 and have had none of these problems. Faster than my S10+, noticeably. Before I disabled all the bloatware. Sounds like you need to do a reset and don't use the transfer app, only the Google account restore.

Reactions: ExtremeRyno

Samugai

Oct 20, 2010
I usually just do a restore from my Google backup. Before that though I make sure to skip all setup and check for updates first. After all updates are installed I do a factory reset and then check for updates one last time. Then factory reset one last time for good measure. After that I stated my setup and restore from Google backup only. I know it's a lot of step but I find that that will save some headaches in the long-run. TMobile variant here and no issues except for a few lag which I think was due to either my Nova Launcher and or Android 10.

claydoh

Oct 10, 2011
Verizon LG G4
LG V30
No issues with my AT&T phone. I did not do a full transfer from my V30, just messages and a few app settings. I have had the V30 since the day it was released, about 2.5 years ago. I also still have my G4.
So far this phone has been a surprisingly good upgrade. I was not expecting it to be a huge jump from the V30, but it has exceeded my expectations so far.

Reactions: ern88

frettd

Dec 31, 2014
I did a transfer from my Verizon V30 (which I loved) to my Verizon V60. Everything appeared to be normal but I quickly noticed bad lag in some apps (camera especially) and the battery life was AWFUL.

I was convinced the V60 was garbage but I did a factory reset and restored contacts, text messages, etc individually and everything was fixed. The battery life is amazing.

Only things that remains buggy are the speakerphone issue and the crappy fingerprint reader issues.

To anyone with issues like OP after doing a phone transfer--do a factory reset. Forget the transfer apps, restore manually.

Last edited:

Swizzle82

Dec 20, 2013
Texas
Having owned almost every Lg flagship since the G2 I can say this.. ONLY restore downloaded apps from a previous Lg device. Anything else can cause bugs. Set everything else up fresh.

Mejilan

Oct 16, 2010
AT&T LG V60 user (coming from an open-market LG V30+) and I cannot say that my experience is anywhere near that of what you're experiencing.
Worth mentioning that I only used Google's Backup and Restore option (I didn't touch LG's), like I always do with all my phones, and I used ADB and Fastboot commands to nuke a lot of the LG and AT&T bloat before I really started to use the phone as my daily driver.
Also worth mentioning, I've read here that using LG Sync (or whatever their own backup and restore solution is called) can cause significant issues. I read this after-the-fact, so it didn't play a role in my decision to rely strictly on Google's Backup and Restore functionality. I've only ever used Google's and never had any issue with it.
I would suggest a factory reset and either sticking only with Google's sync, or just starting completely fresh, and see if that helps at all. Good luck.

D

Deleted member 7436581

Only very small people would take any kind of offense that another person did not like something that they did.

That is really pathetic. *gasp* Someone doesn't like a product I had no hand in creating!

masondoctorjt

Apr 18, 2010
LG V60 ThinQ

I agree with everyone else. Restore from Google backup. I too came from a v20. I skipped restore and did all updates first, then factory reset and did a backup from Google backups, then I only restored apps from LG switch that did not restore the data, I can honestly say that this phone flies compared to my v20. As battery life is outstanding

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

ExtremeRyno

Jul 19, 2012
I had to send mine in for warranty repair because the camera focus was getting stuck. Other than that, I've really enjoyed the phone. It really feels weird being back on my V20 while I wait for the V60 to get fixed. such a huge difference between the two.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would have personally tried a factory reset, and then set the phone up fresh without transferring everything from a 4 year old device to see if that's what caused the problem before I returned it.

I have the AT&T V60 and have had none of these problems. Faster than my S10+, noticeably. Before I disabled all the bloatware. Sounds like you need to do a reset and don't use the transfer app, only the Google account restore.
    No issues with my AT&T phone. I did not do a full transfer from my V30, just messages and a few app settings. I have had the V30 since the day it was released, about 2.5 years ago. I also still have my G4.
    So far this phone has been a surprisingly good upgrade. I was not expecting it to be a huge jump from the V30, but it has exceeded my expectations so far.