FORUMS

Quick Warranty Repair - A Short Story.

423 posts
Thanks Meter: 122

By ExtremeRyno, Senior Member on 27th June 2020, 09:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
TL;DR: Sent phone in on Monday, got it back by Thursday of the same week. Nice.

I just wanna brag on LG's service center. They got my phone fixed and sent back in less than a week.

I started experiencing a "stuck" focus with my x1 and x2 as well as video (except when stabilized). The x0.5 and front camera was fine. It didn't happen all the time, but I tried everything I could find to fix it. Reboot, Safe Mode, clear cache, clear data, factory reset, and even smacking it on my bed. Sometimes it would go back to normal for a few days, or even a week...Then it just stuck for good. I sent it in on Monday, June 22nd, it got there that evening. On Tuesday the 23rd it was on the workbench, they confirmed the issue, and started repair. Sent back to me on Wednesday and I got it at 8AM on Thursday in perfect condition. Their email system is pretty cool...You get updates every step of the way.

So now, my cameras work perfectly...plus...my finger print scanner seems to be working better than before. It no longer misses any presses...So maybe that got fixed, too? With the LG Backup, I was able to restore all my apps and settings in about five minutes.

Genuinely surprised and pleased with such a good experience. I've never sent anything in for a repair before. My G3 and V20 are still working like champs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200626_103559.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	240.4 KB
ID:	5049139  
The Following User Says Thank You to ExtremeRyno For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ExtremeRyno Ad-Free
28th June 2020, 10:58 PM |#2  
Flag lancaster
Thanks Meter: 761

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeRyno

TL;DR: Sent phone in on Monday, got it back by Thursday of the same week. Nice.

I just wanna brag on LG's service center. They got my phone fixed and sent back in less than a week.

I started experiencing a "stuck" focus with my x1 and x2 as well as video (except when stabilized). The x0.5 and front camera was fine. It didn't happen all the time, but I tried everything I could find to fix it. Reboot, Safe Mode, clear cache, clear data, factory reset, and even smacking it on my bed. Sometimes it would go back to normal for a few days, or even a week...Then it just stuck for good. I sent it in on Monday, June 22nd, it got there that evening. On Tuesday the 23rd it was on the workbench, they confirmed the issue, and started repair. Sent back to me on Wednesday and I got it at 8AM on Thursday in perfect condition. Their email system is pretty cool...You get updates every step of the way.

So now, my cameras work perfectly...plus...my finger print scanner seems to be working better than before. It no longer misses any presses...So maybe that got fixed, too? With the LG Backup, I was able to restore all my apps and settings in about five minutes.

Genuinely surprised and pleased with such a good experience. I've never sent anything in for a repair before. My G3 and V20 are still working like champs.

Wondering if I should do this. My fp since last update won't unlock or even register the first try. In apps it works fine, but to unlock screen, I have to push, release, push again. Only after the last update
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)