FORUMS

App launch speed

809 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,060

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 24th February 2020, 06:24 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
OMG! Kim K posted another selfie with tons of cleavage! Rate this thread to express how quickly apps launch on the LG V60 ThinQ. A higher rating indicates that even the most intensive apps launch quickly and without hesitation, even if they are no longer in RAM.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
4th May 2020, 03:41 PM |#2  
Flag Columbus, Oh
Thanks Meter: 43

More
So far it's snappier than the Essential running Android Q or DP2, even when burdened by processing both screens and Android auto. I'm quite pleased.
4th May 2020, 07:51 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 117

More
Lightning fast compared to the V30+ I replaced.
Pulling up GBoard to type something up used to take a half-second too long, just enough to be noticeable and annoying.
Not anymore. I'm very happy so far.
4th May 2020, 09:52 PM |#4  
Flag Halifax, NS
Thanks Meter: 92

More
I just ordered the phone to replace my V30. Better life starting to take a dive. Can't wait to get it. The screen res and hz speed doesn't bother me..
5th May 2020, 01:08 AM |#5  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Reduce animation scale to .5x and the phone FLYS
The Following User Says Thank You to wesbalmer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wesbalmer Ad-Free
16th June 2020, 02:17 AM |#6  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 3

Donate to Me
More
No issues in this department... although I usually turn animations OFF competely in developer options anyways on all my phones.

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesbalmer

Reduce animation scale to .5x and the phone FLYS

Why not turn them off completely? Just curious what your rationale is behind 0.50x vs OFF.
21st June 2020, 05:03 PM |#7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag West Jordan UT
Thanks Meter: 5,348

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleko48

No issues in this department... although I usually turn animations OFF competely in developer options anyways on all my phones.

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Why not turn them off completely? Just curious what your rationale is behind 0.50x vs OFF.

One of the best things I like about the custom Ron's I have built is the ability to make the animation scale pretty much anything you want. Some roms would use a seekbar and can set the scale in .01 increments. Some just changed the values and put them in .1 increments up to 1.0.

It's nice to have at least a little animation cause not all apps have their own animation value and take example the loading animation, spinning circle, will become more just a displayed icon rather than an animation. So for a brief period looks like the app froze. Where with using at least .01 of an animation scale it would still at least rotate, just extremely fast.

I am new to LG and the theme engine it uses, but would be interesting to dig in and see if those values can be overlaid in a theme.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)