FORUMS

Charging speed

809 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,060

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 24th February 2020, 06:24 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
To power up, you consume Red Bull. But your phone just needs its adaptive fast charger. Rate this thread to express how quickly the LG V60 ThinQ can charge. A higher rating indicates that it charges extremely fast.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
16th June 2020, 02:33 AM |#2  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 3

Donate to Me
More
Not the absolute fastest around, but damn sure not the slowest... especially when you consider how much further every 1% of battery will take you on this phone compared to other phones in its class. Fast charging kills batteries anyways, so I charge slowly most of the time since I'm always around a plug these days. I really wish I had this phone back in 2011 when I lived on a bicycle and was always on the road away from home and/or power. My only other gripe is that I wish there was a software switch to turn off fast charging like Samsung offered. Sometimes I only have a fast-charge enabled charger around, but would prefer a slow charge.
16th June 2020, 12:14 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleko48

Fast charging kills batteries anyways, so I charge slowly most of the time since I'm always around a plug these days. I really wish I had this phone back in 2011 when I lived on a bicycle and was always on the road away from home and/or power. My only other gripe is that I wish there was a software switch to turn off fast charging like Samsung offered. Sometimes I only have a fast-charge enabled charger around, but would prefer a slow charge.

I don't slow charge in the traditional sense, but I use a QC 3.0 charger for the same reason. It maxes out at 3A to the battery, or 0.6C charge rate. It's still plenty fast, but slow enough relative to battery capacity that it doesn't stress the battery much and no need to worry about turning a setting off in the phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)