FORUMS

Speakerphone (loudness, clarity)

809 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,029

By XDA_RealLifeReview, RealLifeReview Dude on 24th February 2020, 06:24 PM | Average Rating:
Post Reply Email Thread
Proper etiquette aside (hint: don't use speakerphone while doing your "business" in a public bathroom), rate this thread to express how you think the LG V60 ThinQ's speakerphone performs. A higher rating indicates that you love it: it's loud and it's clear.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
1st April 2020, 07:01 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Speaker quality is plenty loud and clear
8th April 2020, 04:49 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Speaker is a vast improvement over my V30, however I have had quite a few people say my phone goes silent and they don't hear me when on speakerphone.
The Following User Says Thank You to legendindisguise For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift legendindisguise Ad-Free
11th April 2020, 09:28 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Just got v60 from at&t the other day. I have issues with people not able to hear me on speaker phone. Sometimes it's right away. Other times I've been on a call via speakerphone for 30+ mins and then all of a sudden "sir. Sir are you there? Hello sir are you still on the line". Hope it gets fixed asap
The Following User Says Thank You to Dudelamer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dudelamer Ad-Free
15th April 2020, 01:01 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I just got the V60 from Verizon and I've experienced SEVERAL times where the caller could not hear me on speaker phone. I thought it was their connection, but now I'm thinking it's my phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to frettd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift frettd Ad-Free
17th April 2020, 04:14 PM |#6  
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 63

More
The speakers are very good and at times can be too loud.
19th April 2020, 08:52 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
So I've confirmed the speakerphone is a regular issue. Verizon says return the phone but several people have said their replacement had problems, but they too. It basically only works intermittently. I think it's a software issue, so hopefully LG will issue a fix. It's super annoying, but though.
The Following User Says Thank You to frettd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift frettd Ad-Free
20th April 2020, 03:29 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frettd

So I've confirmed the speakerphone is a regular issue. Verizon says return the phone but several people have said their replacement had problems, but they too. It basically only works intermittently. I think it's a software issue, so hopefully LG will issue a fix. It's super annoying, but though.

So it seems like it's affecting people on all major carriers. I posted earlier about it not working and I'm on T-Mobile and I saw someone else on AT&T. Hopefully it's just a software fix in the short future.
22nd April 2020, 04:05 AM |#9  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 34

More
ATT here, both me and my wife experience many issues with the other caller unable to hear either of us on speaker phone. This happens both while on WiFi Calling and on regular cell service.
26th April 2020, 07:52 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hey guys,
I experienced the same thing several times during phone calls. when I put the call on speaker phone, after couple of mins, the person on the other end could not hear me. I need to turn off the speakerphone so he can hear me back. The occurence varies, and it happens to me usually during the first 5mins of the call. the shortest is ranging from the 1st-2nd mins during the start of the phone call and the longest is about 10mins 15mins of call. They all happen when the speakerphone is on.

I restarted the phone, hard reset and factory reset, it happened again. I turned off the wifi, and everything still happened, so I decide to phone my carrier which advice me to call LG if it was a bug or not.

I talk to one of LG Canada's representative and they told me that I was the only person who reported the problem as of yesterday, and they didn't know anyone that experiencing it. To consider it as a bug or hardware problem, they said that they need to receive at least 3 reports before they can do something about it. They offer me a repair, but declined. After all, I just got my phone 3 days ago, I'll be replacing it with a new LG V60 tomorrow. Now I'm a little bit worried that it might be a problem of the 1st batch of V60's.

I hope just an isolated case for all of us I love the phone and I'm only allowed to replace the phone once. 😩
4th May 2020, 03:17 PM |#11  
Flag Columbus, Oh
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Very interesting, I've not had the issue, but then again I just got the phone from T-Mobile. I can say the speaker sound is higher quality than the Essential and much louder too! I'll have to make some phone calls using the speaker to find out if I have the bug.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)