FORUMS

GCam

163 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By Samugai, Senior Member on 29th May 2020, 10:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Anybody found a good GCam and config file for this phone yet. I'm using GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v1.6 with the lg-g8sx-th config file and it's pretty decent but wondering if there's a better more compatible version.
5th June 2020, 06:08 AM |#2  
Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 800

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samugai

Anybody found a good GCam and config file for this phone yet. I'm using GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v1.6 with the lg-g8sx-th config file and it's pretty decent but wondering if there's a better more compatible version.

I've been wondering how gcam works before pulling the trigger. Do you mind elaborating on "pretty decent"? What all works? I like the phone's camera, but I've seen instances in reviews where in auto mode it overexposes the highlights. I'd like a functioning gcam mod for when I don't want to go into manual mode
7th June 2020, 12:39 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _INSPIREed

I've been wondering how gcam works before pulling the trigger. Do you mind elaborating on "pretty decent"? What all works? I like the phone's camera, but I've seen instances in reviews where in auto mode it overexposes the highlights. I'd like a functioning gcam mod for when I don't want to go into manual mode

Sure, I'm by no mean a photo person and everybody have their preferences as far as photo goes but I found that with GCam the colors are more accurate and lighting and exposures looks better in most shots for me.

Downside with this particular version is that some features will crash the app still when you try to use it such as Nightsight and Portrait. It's a hit or miss and I find myself using the default camera app half the time, especially for video. The search continues.
The Following User Says Thank You to Samugai For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Samugai Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)