HI-FI Status (LG) app works for V60

Search This thread

minoch

Jul 17, 2007
Can confirm it does work on V60. It did have problems on my LGV40.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

BROKEN1981

Dec 27, 2013
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Google Pixel 6 Pro
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apptrio.hi_fi_status
Is this the app you're talking about?
I'm a little confused about what exactly it does.
You're paying $1 to get confirmation about whether or not an audio feature is being triggered?
I don't consider myself a cheapskate, but why would anyone pay for this? What exactly is the point?
I'm honestly curious, not criticizing either the app or its customers.
Anyone who "thinks" they needed it are misunderstanding what HIM or LIM is actually about.

In short, you don't need the app and HIM doesn't automatically mean better quality.

Since LG is a Korean company, I think how they marketed high impedance got lost in translation. Since the V20, people thought you had to trick the device into HIM for a better audio experience. This is false.

Sent from my LG-H932 using XDA Labs

Mejilan

Oct 16, 2010
Anyone who "thinks" they needed it are misunderstanding what HIM or LIM is actually about.

In short, you don't need the app and HIM doesn't automatically mean better quality.

Since LG is a Korean company, I think how they marketed high impedance got lost in translation. Since the V20, people thought you had to trick the device into HIM for a better audio experience. This is false.

Hence my bewilderment about this app.
Why would anyone pay $1 for confirmation about an audio feature being enabled or not?
You'd think that you'd be able to HEAR the quality difference if you have the right kind of high impedance hardware.
/shrug

Reactions: BROKEN1981

BROKEN1981

Dec 27, 2013
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Why would anyone pay $1 for confirmation about an audio feature being enabled or not?
You'd think that you'd be able to HEAR the quality difference if you have the right kind of high impedance hardware.
/shrug
It used to be free. I guess people who don't understand the DAC might pay for it. I honestly don't have a clue.

minoch

Jul 17, 2007
I like the verification of the State of the Amp
I have headphones that are high impedence that benefit from the LG amplifier.

A dollar is not so much to support the developer.

psawjack

Apr 30, 2011
DC
Google Pixel 5
OnePlus 9 Pro

Um no not at all. I think I need it and I know what HIM is all about. In fact I've been posting about it for years now.

If you don't need or want it good for you move along don't clog up my thread with your misinformation.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This app let's the user know what mode the Amp mode is in. Like before high impedance mode and aux mode pump out more power over normal or low impedance/IEM mode does.

/shrug