FORUMS

LineageOS rooted?

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Lowrider39, Junior Member on 3rd July 2018, 06:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Perhaps this questions appears a couple of time, but I do not find an answer:
Some Apps are the opinion I am using a jailbreaked or rooted mobile. My mobile device is for shure not rooted or something.
What I did:
I have the good old oneplus one. Until last Friday it was working with the last stock CM 13.1. And with this it was working since years.
But I want to have an update to the latest release, to go technically on latest OS. So I installed LineageOS nightly 15.1.
First of all: great work. It is running fluidly with no problems.

Only some issues with rooting?!
My OpO is not rooted. Some apps I need for my daily work can not be installed like the ServiceNow. Some other apps say: no support, because of a rooted mobile like Mercedes me.

I tried to root it for afterwards to unroot. But our companies policy app immediately factory resets my phone after installing SuperSU. From this issue I know, it is not rooted. I checked with RootChrcker as well: unrooted.

Why some specific apps mean: rooted?
3rd July 2018, 11:26 PM |#2  
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 6,579

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowrider39

Perhaps this questions appears a couple of time, but I do not find an answer:.....

I don't have this device but, your best bet is to post this question within the following Official LineageOS thread that's specific to your device for member guidance and support.

(Though, the title states 14.1, the threads title just wasn't changed yet to reflect the 15.1.)

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3543489

If all else fails, and you don't receive any responses from the above thread, you can always try to obtain some member guidance within the following Q&A thread that's specific to your device.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2731638

Just an FYI... In general, all of the Official LineageOS builds are not rooted by default. This is why the Lineage Team provides flashable Root Addons located at the bottom of the device listing on their downloads page that's labeled "Extras".

SuperSU and others alike are just optional choices and should not be flashed together.

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT provide support via PM unless asked/requested by myself. PLEASE keep it in the threads where everyone can share.
5th July 2018, 10:45 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
@Lowrider39, did you flahsed addonsu zip?

In you have, please go to the Setting >> Developer Options >> Root Access.
Select 'Apps and ADB' if you haven't done so.

Maybe this helps. (this whined me, too for a while).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)