Continuum Doc - alternative options

896 posts
Thanks Meter: 432

By olarf, Senior Member on 14th December 2015, 08:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I thought it can make sense to list here alternative options to use the continuum feature. Here is what I use:

- Aukey USB-C to HDMI adapter

- Supremery BT Keyboard within Touchpad
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olarf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift olarf Ad-Free
17th December 2015, 04:49 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 9

Donate to Me
More
Good to see alternatives are working fine
20th December 2015, 06:55 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Monoprice USB-C to HDMI adapter: works for video, but flaky connection. I also don't get any audio output.
Aukey USB-C to VGA adapter: the phone recognizes a USB device is connected, but doesn't work.

Microsoft Display Dock: Works well without issue of course. However, a few comments - it doesn't work without a power connection. It also doesn't like the Google dual-port USB-C charger and refuses to power up from that (despite the Google charger being capable of 5V / 3A just like the Microsoft one).
2nd January 2016, 10:03 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Works without issues with Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter for Macbook 12 Retina. And does not need necessarily current.
4th January 2016, 11:02 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Continuum works great with the "Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter" too, sound and vision go to the TV/Monitor and phone turns into Trackpad. Just like using the dock but less hassle and wires.

I also tried my Roku3, it works but can be a little flaky
24th February 2016, 10:41 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
It dosn't work with XCSOURCE USB-C 56k ohm to HDMI /USB 3.1 Multiport Adapter for MacBook LT11
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311536382296

USB port works great...flash drive and keyboard works smooth...BUT HDMI dosn't work at all
Everytime when HDMI cable is inserted phone throw an error with dosn't recognized USB...
13th September 2016, 01:33 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello,
I also bought the Aukey -C USB to HDMI adapter.
But on 2 Samsung tv , I have problems of disconnection and resolution.
If anyone can help me ....
Thank you in advance
9th November 2016, 12:05 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
i bought vtin vs1-vvc9h from amazon. Video works.. But i could not make audio to work.

I also bought vicTsing mx-vs1-PCL005B from amazon too. And video worked but audio did not.

I know audio works on ms hd500 with same monitor and cables
1st December 2016, 10:17 PM |#9  
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 495

Donate to Me
More
The Microsoft wireless Display adaptor v2 works well in continuum mode unless you use 5GHz wifi, in which case it is extremely poor, sound and display stutters like there is no tomorrow.

My Surface pro 2 (normal extended display) has the same issues connecting to it with 5GHz wifi used.

So in short, connect to your internet with a 2.4GHz wifi AP if you intend to use The Microsoft wireless Display adaptor.

I'm quite tempted to get the dock now as one of my office PCs is about to have a catastrophic HHD fail and continuum will kill several birds with a single stone.
The Following User Says Thank You to dazza9075 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dazza9075 Ad-Free
6th December 2016, 06:09 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B01BWMQ5GC
Some people on reddit used this and it worked. Can someone confirm?
7th December 2016, 02:34 PM |#11  
Flag Subotica
Thanks Meter: 14

Donate to Me
More
I have a LG 42LA660s Smart TV, with Miracast enabled. I just connected my phone to a wireless display, and the Continuum works. It is not flawless but I am satisfied with it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
accessories

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)