Continuum Doc - alternative options

Search This thread

jhoff80

Apr 8, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Monoprice USB-C to HDMI adapter: works for video, but flaky connection. I also don't get any audio output.
Aukey USB-C to VGA adapter: the phone recognizes a USB device is connected, but doesn't work.

Microsoft Display Dock: Works well without issue of course. However, a few comments - it doesn't work without a power connection. It also doesn't like the Google dual-port USB-C charger and refuses to power up from that (despite the Google charger being capable of 5V / 3A just like the Microsoft one).

Anndy

Dec 27, 2005
Works without issues with Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter for Macbook 12 Retina. And does not need necessarily current.

ZaForD

Jul 17, 2006
Continuum works great with the "Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter" too, sound and vision go to the TV/Monitor and phone turns into Trackpad. Just like using the dock but less hassle and wires. :)

I also tried my Roku3, it works but can be a little flaky

xheretic

Apr 15, 2008
It dosn't work with XCSOURCE USB-C 56k ohm to HDMI /USB 3.1 Multiport Adapter for MacBook LT11
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311536382296

USB port works great...flash drive and keyboard works smooth...BUT HDMI dosn't work at all :(
Everytime when HDMI cable is inserted phone throw an error with dosn't recognized USB...

zamenhof31

Oct 7, 2009
Hello,
I also bought the Aukey -C USB to HDMI adapter.
But on 2 Samsung tv , I have problems of disconnection and resolution.
If anyone can help me ....
Thank you in advance

gersoncampos7

Nov 20, 2008
i bought vtin vs1-vvc9h from amazon. Video works.. But i could not make audio to work.

I also bought vicTsing mx-vs1-PCL005B from amazon too. And video worked but audio did not.

I know audio works on ms hd500 with same monitor and cables

Last edited:

dazza9075

Jul 22, 2007
Suffolk
The Microsoft wireless Display adaptor v2 works well in continuum mode unless you use 5GHz wifi, in which case it is extremely poor, sound and display stutters like there is no tomorrow.

My Surface pro 2 (normal extended display) has the same issues connecting to it with 5GHz wifi used.

So in short, connect to your internet with a 2.4GHz wifi AP if you intend to use The Microsoft wireless Display adaptor.

I'm quite tempted to get the dock now as one of my office PCs is about to have a catastrophic HHD fail and continuum will kill several birds with a single stone.

Reactions: eKeith

miodrage

Apr 24, 2009
Subotica
I have a LG 42LA660s Smart TV, with Miracast enabled. I just connected my phone to a wireless display, and the Continuum works. It is not flawless but I am satisfied with it.

unkitjc

Apr 9, 2017
I thought it can make sense to list here alternative options to use the continuum feature. Here is what I use:

- Aukey USB-C to HDMI adapter

- Supremery BT Keyboard within Touchpad

With the coming of the new Macbook with USB-C, there are now quite a few new and cost effective alternatives on the market. I recently bought an unbranded dongle/dock thing which is advertised as to be used with the new Macbooks. It has a USB-C connector on one end, with a USB-A port, HDMI-out port, and USB-C charging port on the other. Works really well, got it for about 1100 INR / 17.50 USD

handyflo

Jul 21, 2014
My display dock HD 500 with a lumia 950 does only view 720p on my full HD TV. Is there any chance to force 1080p output?

Sex Pistols

Feb 4, 2017
Brielle
Works fine with my Surface Go tablet and LG FHD 55" television. Surface Go with USB-C kabel and LG-tv with HDMI.
And also my Lumia950 works with it on my LG-tv or at work on HP 24".

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I thought it can make sense to list here alternative options to use the continuum feature. Here is what I use:

- Aukey USB-C to HDMI adapter

- Supremery BT Keyboard within Touchpad
    The Microsoft wireless Display adaptor v2 works well in continuum mode unless you use 5GHz wifi, in which case it is extremely poor, sound and display stutters like there is no tomorrow.

My Surface pro 2 (normal extended display) has the same issues connecting to it with 5GHz wifi used.

So in short, connect to your internet with a 2.4GHz wifi AP if you intend to use The Microsoft wireless Display adaptor.

I'm quite tempted to get the dock now as one of my office PCs is about to have a catastrophic HHD fail and continuum will kill several birds with a single stone.