Recent content by 2_i

1. 2

Post Magisk General Support / Discussion

OK, one more update even though I am conversing with myself. However, someone may run into the post while trying to solve similar problems. Advice to go to device specific forums does not work for older less popular devices as such forums dry out with time. I managed to resurrect both Z2 Play...
  2. 2

Update: It appears that Magisk was not updated for a while on both phones, so the problem could be tied to an earlier Magisk update than just the very recent. Since I have access to TWRP on both phones, I guess I should flash an earlier version of Magisk from a zip, right? It seems that the...
  3. 2

I do not know who yo turn to with this, but I have second Moto Z2 Play phone that does not boot after the last update to Magisk. Both phones worked for several years rooted. The symptom is that the phone just does not start with the Power Button pressed. The boot into Bootloader/recovery...
  4. 2

Post Remove /Bypass Lockscreen With Recovery

I had to go back to an old phone with Android 7.1.1 and already got into the third day of trying different lock patterns to open. I only remembered that the pattern was completely trivial :rolleyes:. This method saved my sanity. Thank you, thank you!
  5. 2

Post [APP][1.6+] SD Maid - System cleaning tool

The tweaked version of SD Maid concluded successfully within minutes, finding 278 corpses. Upon their removal I am able to proceed with reinstallations :)
  6. 2

I tried SD Maid's System Cleaner before, but it did not help - it did not remove the corpses. In settings/apps I see the grayed out corpses and if I remove an app there it can be thereafter reinstalled so while it is still a bit tedious, it can be done within a finite time. Thanks! I did...
  7. 2

OK, it seems that only the corpse in /data/data matters for the success of reinstallation. That certainly speeds up the manual process :good:
  8. 2

Yes, I use these periodically, but these don't touch the left-over files in /data. In fact, I looked around and could not find any other app around with that corpse function.
  9. 2

That was the number of apps linked under LINK2SD. When I try to restore them, in 90% of cases the installation fails due to "insufficient storage". (There is plenty of space.) After I find the corpses an delete them, the installation goes forward. In my experience I only need to locate those...
  10. 2

Finding Corpses Takes Forever I am in a situation of about 300 corpses. In finding them SD Maid runs for 12h+ without conclusion. Any suggestions for a resolution? Background: This is a small phone, Xperia Tipo Dual, running Android 4.0.4. I squeeze numerous apps into the phone using...
  11. 2

Post [MOD][XPOSED][2.3+][2015-04-09] Xposed Additions

OK, I installed 3.2.2 again and can list all the problems for the rotations: a) no difference between Orientation Right and Left b) first click rotates in one direction, next does nothing, third goes back. Sometimes the action goes into some state of nowhere, see in particular next c) every...
  12. 2

Post [MOD][XPOSED][2.3+][2015-04-09] Xposed Additions

Broken rotations in version 3 One of my main uses of Xposed Additions is for predictable rotations of the screen. On my Xperia Tipo Dual, stock/Android 4.0.4, I use the extra key there for switching SIM, not very useful in practice in its original function, to accomplish the rotations: long...
  13. 2

Post [Xposed][MOD][4.0+]Advanced Power Menu (w/ Anti-theft helper)

For a try I installed the version 9.1.4 and it works, i.e. the advanced menu shows fine. Obviously, I have even far less chance to understand why it works as compared to 9.1.2/3.
  14. 2

Post [XPOSED] SystemUI Patcher

I tried to tweak the status bar of my Xperia Tipo Dual, stock ROM, Android 4.0.4, with SystemUI Patcher, but no banana even with several reboots. As a positive, the module did not bring the phone down. It is then uninstall :(.
  15. 2

Post [Xposed][MOD][4.0+]Advanced Power Menu (w/ Anti-theft helper)

I do not use the anti-theft option, so the "Remove volume state..." option is greyed out. I do not use the lockscreen either. I send you the bulky log over a private message.